Guns N' Roses to Release Children's Picture Book

4 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

I love how many people brought up Pearl Jam. 

its funny, if you went to their forum right now, you would think they were in as dire form as this bands fan clubs. 

People really have no idea about this band from the outside looking in. 

scratch the “most dangerous band in the world” moniker and replace with “band that has wasted the most amount of time in the world”  

I think that with Pearl Jam, I am a part of the Ten Club and I actually think that that fan club can be too nipitcky over the fan club due to being spoiled at how much PJ does for it :lol:   

With GNR, it is frustrating because they could easily do even a third of what Pearl Jam does and the fans here would be SO appreciative of it.  It isn't like they don't have hundreds of soundboards from the last 30 years they could sell online, or even take just a couple of those and put them out on vinyl or something.  But instead they release toy trucks, children's picture books, basically anything but actual music

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, EricA said:

it's more like that the "management" let the band look like the three stooges, and that's the saddest thing about it, that TB drags the whole GnR brand into the mud.

True, i feel sorry about Slash and Duff, they to approve all it with such docility. Nor Perla was such horrible manager.

Just now, Ratam said:

True, i feel sorry about Slash and Duff, they to approve all it with such docility. Nor Perla was such horrible manager.

They are with no worries, money, and a good life. This is just businnes. They bussiness. And they want to include/get more market. Dont feel sorry.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, downzy said:

I thought you were going to say, "Introducing the GNR sex doll, where the doll fucks you, the fan, in the ass..."

^^^^^^^^^^^^ this right here is the post of the decade and we're only a couple months in. 

7 hours ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

WTF. Fernando is getting out of control. Calling his child and his niece by the surname Rose, calling himself a part of the GNR family, and most of all, releasing a book titled SCOM/GNR based on his family. Just read below:

This is unbelievable. I'm just speechless and sitting here shaking my head with disappointment and a somewhat sickly feeling.

I think that this is the final nail in the coffin for me and this band.

I'm not against children's books or bands doing this type of thing, when it relates. E.g. Jack White released a book based on 'We are goign to be friends', literally just the lyrics of said song cutely illustrated. Was a quality product tbh. Crucially it related to him and the band (and fans for that matter who love the song), this is just sad as fuck.....without being rude, who gives a fuck about a random person's kids growing up around a band touring, and done in a make believe children's book with the most popular GnR song slapped on it (unrelated to anything that the song was/is about). 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, James Bond said:

I think the worst part about this is that this is the same band that once played a bowling alley with DJ Ashba and a useless keyboardist waving a towel.

How did it actually get worse?

Axl gave up and the whole thing became a brand. Even in the darkest hours (the points you mentioned) I believe Axl still had every intent of building something. 

Whether or not he could have is irrelevant. I think he thought he could and was still trying to various extents back then. 

Once Slash & Duff came back, it would appear that all parties involved just decided to cash in on the brand as much as possible. 

I'm not being poetic when I say this: it's truly sad. 

• GNFNR 1

Is anyone else even listening to GNR albums less because of TB?  Not to be overdramatic but ever since it is clear that GNR and their management are more into cashing in instead of being an actual band like anyone else, I have been reaching for GNR music way less

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, axlvai said:

They are with no worries, money, and a good life. This is just businnes. They bussiness. And they want to include/get more market. Dont feel sorry.

I know it is business, but also guess to they need something else about them carrers. Maybe they afraid of said something about TB, and the real "King" of it Circus is Axl , and.Slash and Duff just hired and good pay. Sad.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WhazUp said:

Is anyone else even listening to GNR albums less because of TB?  Not to be overdramatic but ever since it is clear that GNR and their management are more into cashing in instead of being an actual band like anyone else, I have been reaching for GNR music way less

After my second NITL show my interest definitely dropped with the continued lack of new music. Until recently, I hadn't posted here in almost two years and definitely went through a long period of barely listening to any Guns at all. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, vloors said:

This sort of stuff just pushes the fan bases away. No one is asking for this junk. What a joke.

How much more tackier can you be.

This is not a children's band or great role models for children. 

Exactly. Which is why the reaction has been so strong. It's not 'only a children's book', it's what it represents as part of the wider scheme of things. 

To make this announcement 13 days away from a tour that they are still happily flogging tickets which isn't happening, and not mentioning that is appalling really. 

The one positive though is that all the casual fans are now going bonkers too and asking what the hell is going on with the tour and the general state of things. Once you've even managed to piss off the drunken wedding SCOM air-guitarists there really is nobody left to fund the carnival anymore. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, James Bond said:

After my second NITL show my interest definitely dropped with the continued lack of new music. Until recently, I hadn't posted here in almost two years and definitely went through a long period of barely listening to any Guns at all. 

I barely play them unless I've had a few drinks now, simply because there is so little material to listen to. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

My thing with listening to GNR is that there's just not enough to sustain regular listening. I'll bust them out every so often, but there's only so many times you can listen to the same 5 albums from a band. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, James Bond said:

This. I tuned out in summer of 2017 after almost a year and a half of dedicating every waking minute to finding out what Guns was doing and posting about it here... 

ever since then I’ve tuned out. Fell in love with other bands. People. Graduated college. Life gets in the way. 

I think if this Covid shit does anything, it will show people who are reluctant to release and do anything that time is very very valuable, even when you think it isn’t. GNR’s touring plans might be fucked until 2022. At that rate, will ANYONE care about AFD anymore? Will anyone have enough money to care about AFD anymore? Will Civil War be the anthem of Americas Civil War part 2????? 

To use Pearl Jam as an example, this is what their last few years have looked like: 

2017: 

rock & roll hall of fame. No shows.

european tour. 8 U.S. shows in the summer. Single from an upcoming album... (that wasn’t even on the album.. imagine Shadow of your love being from “the forthcoming CD 2” and then it never comes) 

nothing.

ALBUM RELEASE (whoohoo!! And go listen to it btw... the first side has a bunch of bangers) 

annnnnnnd a cancelled tour. 

if anything, it shows how much time was wasted in that period from the bands perspective, and now how much time they are never going to get back because of the state of the music industry. Gigaton and its subsequent tour might push them into 2023-2024.. by that time, everyone in the band will be close to or in their 60’s....

as for GNR... 

as slash said at the end of Get In The Ring 

“well“

19 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Exactly. Which is why the reaction has been so strong. It's not 'only a children's book', it's what it represents as part of the wider scheme of things. 

To make this announcement 13 days away from a tour that they are still happily flogging tickets which isn't happening, and not mentioning that is appalling really. 

The one positive though is that all the casual fans are now going bonkers too and asking what the hell is going on with the tour and the general state of things. Once you've even managed to piss off the drunken wedding SCOM air-guitarists there really is nobody left to fund the carnival anymore. 

Yep no communication at all in regards to the tour refunds and resistance to release any material but tacky merchandise is just rubbing salt in the wounds of everyone.

Theres only so much all fans will take before we all walk away.

Just a look at the comments on every social media post shows how unhappy everyone is with the running of this band.  They will be going back to 2014 state of unpopularity in no time. 

Edited by vloors

5 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

My thing with listening to GNR is that there's just not enough to sustain regular listening. I'll bust them out every so often, but there's only so many times you can listen to the same 5 albums from a band. 

It’s a valid point, I don’t listen to CD anymore and probably haven’t for 5 years or more. Lucky for me that one of my other favourite bands is megadeth, a band that releases music and tours regularly.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, megaguns1982 said:

It’s a valid point, I don’t listen to CD anymore and probably haven’t for 5 years or more. Lucky for me that one of my other favourite bands is megadeth, a band that releases music and tours regularly.

That's my thing. I've got streaming of course, but I've also got 1000s of records. There's so much other great music out there to devote my time to, so the tiny output from GNR only factors into my listening a very small amount. 

When I do listen to GNR, I usually do listen to CD though. Mostly because I hear most of AFD and a lot of UYI on the radio anyway. 

• Haha 1