Guns N' Roses to Release Children's Picture Book

9 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

My thing with listening to GNR is that there's just not enough to sustain regular listening. I'll bust them out every so often, but there's only so many times you can listen to the same 5 albums from a band. 

Nope, i don't really. Every now and then, very infrequently I'll dip into some tunes (we're talking a listen a year if that), but certainly not regular listening.  TBH for me its more a case of sometimes getting an itch if I here WTTJ in a shop or bar etc. I might enjoy that moment and stay there for the length of tune :P

Post my NITL experience, I wouldn't go to another show of theirs either now. Quality of performance lacks, price is extortionate, setlists same same, and no new music.

Woah...this is great! I can imagine “Welcome to the Jungle The story of little Red Rose” will be a nail biter! 

and “Paradise City Coming of Age” will be a soft spoken classic! The creativity of this band has no end. Is there a preorder link? If I collect the whole series will I get a GNR rub on tattoo? Any details would be appreciated. DM me if we are not allowed to talk about leaks 

Just now, Voodoochild said:

I gotta say: 12 pages just with people upset with the band because of this book is weird. 

Not really weird. Just another hit in the gut for those hankering for new music and something from the band they follow.

Maybe if the book was written by one of the guys, or illustrated by Slash or something, I don't know....that might ease things. But its a Fernado story (Sounds TB driven) and is an exclamation mark of all their shitty merch and the like, instead of news on anything new music-wise (why not just record one single song with NITL lineup, and throw it onto streaming services?).

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

People aren't upset with the band just because of this book.

Of course. But the book triggered 12 pages of reaction.

2 minutes ago, hudsonsaul said:

Not really weird. Just another hit in the gut for those hankering for new music and something from the band they follow.

Maybe if the book was written by one of the guys, or illustrated by Slash or something, I don't know....that might ease things. But its a Fernado story (Sounds TB driven) and is an exclamation mark of all their shitty merch and the like, instead of news on anything new music-wise (why not just record one single song with NITL lineup, and throw it onto streaming services?).

I dont care about the book, but it seems to me this is just a side release. Like licensed or something. Didnt see it as the band actually releasing this, like it is with the shitty merch.

• Like 1

If this was approved by the band but not officially promoted by its various marketing platforms, it wouldn’t be so bad.

However, seeing their social media accounts push this product is just weird. I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again...the band could release short EPs in a semi-consistent manner and the fan base would be satisfied. It’s not prudent to promote this sort of thing when there’s no new music in sight. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

I gotta say: 12 pages just with people upset with the band because of this book is weird. 

12 pages is nothing compared to almost 26 years of ups and downs but mostly disappointments.

but if you want to blame it on the book, be my guest

• Like 1

This book being posted onto GNR official accounts as if people are supposed to care about it at all just shows even more that all GNR is to Tb is an opportunity to push whatever stupid ideas they have and get them noticed. Yoyos, towels, toy trucks and now a book. 

4 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

Of course. But the book triggered 12 pages of reaction.

I dont care about the book, but it seems to me this is just a side release. Like licensed or something. Didnt see it as the band actually releasing this, like it is with the shitty merch.

People feel pretty strongly, which is a lot to do with it's place in the wider scheme of things and the timing of their announcing this. 

Someone needs to go back in time to 1987 and warn GN’R as to what they’ll become in 2020. 

The band has become sickening with their constant social justice warrior stances - God forbid that they get off of their soapboxes for two minutes to actually give us an update on new music. So much for the “Most Dangerous Band In the World!” They need to turn off CNN and MSNBC once in a while and think for themselves. 

Fernando is clearly a legend in his own mind - way to run the brand in to the ground, dude. I’ve looked for ways to justify any of this, and I just can’t. 

GN’R has been MY band since I was 13 years old. I’m 35 now. I’m done. I’m not an angry teenager anymore, and I’m clearly not “woke” enough for them. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WhazUp said:

I wonder if anyone in the actual band has even read this book? Or held a GNR truck in their hands ever?

More importantly, I wonder how much of these items they are actually selling?  When you factor the amount of GNR fans who would be hardcore enough of a fan to buy it to read their kids, and factor the amount of GNR fans who would AND be willing to spend 20 bucks plus shipping for it, I just can't image this would pull in tons of money

Bingo.  Two questions  and comments.  How much money has been made and  did the merch like this sell? I wonder what would happen if Axl got married or gets married. I doubt he ever will.  Wife and her extended  family would be around and wife would be heir. Congats to Maya and Natalia Rose. You have your own book .

43 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

My thing with listening to GNR is that there's just not enough to sustain regular listening. I'll bust them out every so often, but there's only so many times you can listen to the same 5 albums from a band. 

Yeah, I totally agree.  I know I always, always mention Pearl Jam but the fact they have literally hundreds of live shows available at professional quality makes bands like them even more easy to retain listens because live versions of songs help keep things fresh

Which is why it would be nice to at the very least have GNR shows and videos on Youtube still to enjoy which would help but oh well lol I guess books and trucks are more of a priority than fostering repeated listens through live releases or new music

• Thanks 1
  • GNFNR 1

43 minutes ago, hudsonsaul said:

Maybe if the book was written by one of the guys, or illustrated by Slash or something

See something like that would've actually been cool.

26 minutes ago, The Real McCoy said:

Fernando is clearly a legend in his own mind

There's another problem right there, he thinks he's at the same level as one of the guys in the band.

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

I pretty much exclusively listen to bootlegs. Which the band has also pissed on, since they're cool with them being wiped off the web and are likely behind it.

They've basically found a way to shit on trying to enjoy the band in any way possible - and much more aggressively post-reunion.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

2 minutes ago, Gunner927 said:

I pretty much exclusively listen to bootlegs. Which the band has also pissed on, since they're cool with them being wiped off the web and are likely behind it.

They've basically found a way to shit on trying to enjoy the band in any way possible - and much more aggressively post-reunion.

Yeah, I do have a shit ton of boots from 1987 through 2010 or so. Maybe I should bust some of those out again soon. 

I’m trying to find anything positive to this, but I just cant... I mean... WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH THIS BAND... they know our demands, they know what they can do to satisfy their huge fan base, but instead they think ‘hey, let’s release a children’s book’. Worse part is Axl, Slash and Duff may not be even aware of this load of shit. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, kever20 said:

Maybe with your preorder you will get a download link for a new alb... I can't even complete the joke!

Marketing is hard, apparently...

Are you trying to imply that it might be a good idea for a band that is known for....you know....music, to actually release new music?  What kind of insanity is that?!  When Gas X releases their GNR Madagascar pills you're going to look back at your post in shame. 

• GNFNR 1

23 minutes ago, alangarcianr said:

I’m trying to find anything positive to this, but I just cant... I mean... WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH THIS BAND... they know our demands, they know what they can do to satisfy their huge fan base, but instead they think ‘hey, let’s release a children’s book’. Worse part is Axl, Slash and Duff may not be even aware of this load of shit. 

Stop being selfish.  Guns N' Roses hasn't released any new music for 12 years so they could bring us this children's book. 

• Haha 1