Guns N' Roses to Release Children's Picture Book

2 minutes ago, James Bond said:

After my second NITL show my interest definitely dropped with the continued lack of new music. Until recently, I hadn't posted here in almost two years and definitely went through a long period of barely listening to any Guns at all. 

This. I tuned out in summer of 2017 after almost a year and a half of dedicating every waking minute to finding out what Guns was doing and posting about it here... 

ever since then I’ve tuned out. Fell in love with other bands. People. Graduated college. Life gets in the way. 

I think if this Covid shit does anything, it will show people who are reluctant to release and do anything that time is very very valuable, even when you think it isn’t. GNR’s touring plans might be fucked until 2022. At that rate, will ANYONE care about AFD anymore? Will anyone have enough money to care about AFD anymore? Will Civil War be the anthem of Americas Civil War part 2????? 

To use Pearl Jam as an example, this is what their last few years have looked like: 

2017: 

rock & roll hall of fame. No shows.

european tour. 8 U.S. shows in the summer. Single from an upcoming album... (that wasn’t even on the album.. imagine Shadow of your love being from “the forthcoming CD 2” and then it never comes) 

nothing.

ALBUM RELEASE (whoohoo!! And go listen to it btw... the first side has a bunch of bangers) 

annnnnnnd a cancelled tour. 

if anything, it shows how much time was wasted in that period from the bands perspective, and now how much time they are never going to get back because of the state of the music industry. Gigaton and its subsequent tour might push them into 2023-2024.. by that time, everyone in the band will be close to or in their 60’s....

as for GNR... 

as slash said at the end of Get In The Ring 

“well“

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

On my mobile this thread was abbreviated as "Guns N' Roses to Release Chi.." and I open it to find this 

Fuck Fernando.

There's nothing to say that hasn't already been said in the thread  For once, I literally have no words. This is the biggest face palm day for me as a GNR fan. 

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Exactly. Which is why the reaction has been so strong. It's not 'only a children's book', it's what it represents as part of the wider scheme of things. 

To make this announcement 13 days away from a tour that they are still happily flogging tickets which isn't happening, and not mentioning that is appalling really. 

The one positive though is that all the casual fans are now going bonkers too and asking what the hell is going on with the tour and the general state of things. Once you've even managed to piss off the drunken wedding SCOM air-guitarists there really is nobody left to fund the carnival anymore. 

Yep no communication at all in regards to the tour refunds and resistance to release any material but tacky merchandise is just rubbing salt in the wounds of everyone.

Theres only so much all fans will take before we all walk away.

Just a look at the comments on every social media post shows how unhappy everyone is with the running of this band.  They will be going back to 2014 state of unpopularity in no time. 

Edited by vloors
5 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

My thing with listening to GNR is that there's just not enough to sustain regular listening. I'll bust them out every so often, but there's only so many times you can listen to the same 5 albums from a band. 

It’s a valid point, I don’t listen to CD anymore and probably haven’t for 5 years or more. Lucky for me that one of my other favourite bands is megadeth, a band that releases music and tours regularly.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, megaguns1982 said:

It’s a valid point, I don’t listen to CD anymore and probably haven’t for 5 years or more. Lucky for me that one of my other favourite bands is megadeth, a band that releases music and tours regularly.

That's my thing. I've got streaming of course, but I've also got 1000s of records. There's so much other great music out there to devote my time to, so the tiny output from GNR only factors into my listening a very small amount. 

When I do listen to GNR, I usually do listen to CD though. Mostly because I hear most of AFD and a lot of UYI on the radio anyway. 

• Haha 1
9 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

My thing with listening to GNR is that there's just not enough to sustain regular listening. I'll bust them out every so often, but there's only so many times you can listen to the same 5 albums from a band. 

Nope, i don't really. Every now and then, very infrequently I'll dip into some tunes (we're talking a listen a year if that), but certainly not regular listening.  TBH for me its more a case of sometimes getting an itch if I here WTTJ in a shop or bar etc. I might enjoy that moment and stay there for the length of tune :P

Post my NITL experience, I wouldn't go to another show of theirs either now. Quality of performance lacks, price is extortionate, setlists same same, and no new music.

Woah...this is great! I can imagine “Welcome to the Jungle The story of little Red Rose” will be a nail biter! 

and “Paradise City Coming of Age” will be a soft spoken classic! The creativity of this band has no end. Is there a preorder link? If I collect the whole series will I get a GNR rub on tattoo? Any details would be appreciated. DM me if we are not allowed to talk about leaks 

Just now, Voodoochild said:

I gotta say: 12 pages just with people upset with the band because of this book is weird. 

People aren't upset with the band just because of this book.

• Like 1
Just now, Voodoochild said:

I gotta say: 12 pages just with people upset with the band because of this book is weird. 

Not really weird. Just another hit in the gut for those hankering for new music and something from the band they follow.

Maybe if the book was written by one of the guys, or illustrated by Slash or something, I don't know....that might ease things. But its a Fernado story (Sounds TB driven) and is an exclamation mark of all their shitty merch and the like, instead of news on anything new music-wise (why not just record one single song with NITL lineup, and throw it onto streaming services?).

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

People aren't upset with the band just because of this book.

Of course. But the book triggered 12 pages of reaction.

2 minutes ago, hudsonsaul said:

Not really weird. Just another hit in the gut for those hankering for new music and something from the band they follow.

Maybe if the book was written by one of the guys, or illustrated by Slash or something, I don't know....that might ease things. But its a Fernado story (Sounds TB driven) and is an exclamation mark of all their shitty merch and the like, instead of news on anything new music-wise (why not just record one single song with NITL lineup, and throw it onto streaming services?).

I dont care about the book, but it seems to me this is just a side release. Like licensed or something. Didnt see it as the band actually releasing this, like it is with the shitty merch.

• Like 1

If this was approved by the band but not officially promoted by its various marketing platforms, it wouldn’t be so bad.

However, seeing their social media accounts push this product is just weird. I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again...the band could release short EPs in a semi-consistent manner and the fan base would be satisfied. It’s not prudent to promote this sort of thing when there’s no new music in sight. 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

12 pages is nothing compared to almost 26 years of ups and downs but mostly disappointments.

but if you want to blame it on the book, be my guest

• Like 1

This book being posted onto GNR official accounts as if people are supposed to care about it at all just shows even more that all GNR is to Tb is an opportunity to push whatever stupid ideas they have and get them noticed. Yoyos, towels, toy trucks and now a book. 

4 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

I dont care about the book, but it seems to me this is just a side release. Like licensed or something. Didnt see it as the band actually releasing this, like it is with the shitty merch.

People feel pretty strongly, which is a lot to do with it's place in the wider scheme of things and the timing of their announcing this. 

Someone needs to go back in time to 1987 and warn GN’R as to what they’ll become in 2020. 

The band has become sickening with their constant social justice warrior stances - God forbid that they get off of their soapboxes for two minutes to actually give us an update on new music. So much for the “Most Dangerous Band In the World!” They need to turn off CNN and MSNBC once in a while and think for themselves. 

Fernando is clearly a legend in his own mind - way to run the brand in to the ground, dude. I’ve looked for ways to justify any of this, and I just can’t. 

GN’R has been MY band since I was 13 years old. I’m 35 now. I’m done. I’m not an angry teenager anymore, and I’m clearly not “woke” enough for them. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, WhazUp said:

I wonder if anyone in the actual band has even read this book? Or held a GNR truck in their hands ever?

More importantly, I wonder how much of these items they are actually selling?  When you factor the amount of GNR fans who would be hardcore enough of a fan to buy it to read their kids, and factor the amount of GNR fans who would AND be willing to spend 20 bucks plus shipping for it, I just can't image this would pull in tons of money

Bingo.  Two questions  and comments.  How much money has been made and  did the merch like this sell? I wonder what would happen if Axl got married or gets married. I doubt he ever will.  Wife and her extended  family would be around and wife would be heir. Congats to Maya and Natalia Rose. You have your own book .

43 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Yeah, I totally agree.  I know I always, always mention Pearl Jam but the fact they have literally hundreds of live shows available at professional quality makes bands like them even more easy to retain listens because live versions of songs help keep things fresh

Which is why it would be nice to at the very least have GNR shows and videos on Youtube still to enjoy which would help but oh well lol I guess books and trucks are more of a priority than fostering repeated listens through live releases or new music

• Thanks 1
  • GNFNR 1
Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

This is objectively a very retarded cringe move and a slap in the hardcore(and casual) fanbase's face on multiple levels and basically, everyone feels this way. So people have posted their reactions to it and yes it has reached 12 pages because there's more than a few people on here.

So I don't understand why/what you find weird especially since you know this is a final straw.

Edited by Oldest Goat
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
43 minutes ago, hudsonsaul said:

Maybe if the book was written by one of the guys, or illustrated by Slash or something

See something like that would've actually been cool.

26 minutes ago, The Real McCoy said:

Fernando is clearly a legend in his own mind

There's another problem right there, he thinks he's at the same level as one of the guys in the band.

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAAHAAAHAAA! BHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHHAHAAHHAHAHAHAAA! 

What a load of shit! :lol: 

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

I pretty much exclusively listen to bootlegs. Which the band has also pissed on, since they're cool with them being wiped off the web and are likely behind it.

They've basically found a way to shit on trying to enjoy the band in any way possible - and much more aggressively post-reunion.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1
2 minutes ago, Gunner927 said:

I pretty much exclusively listen to bootlegs. Which the band has also pissed on, since they're cool with them being wiped off the web and are likely behind it.

They've basically found a way to shit on trying to enjoy the band in any way possible - and much more aggressively post-reunion.

Yeah, I do have a shit ton of boots from 1987 through 2010 or so. Maybe I should bust some of those out again soon.