Guns N' Roses to Release Children's Picture Book

11 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

12 pages is nothing compared to almost 26 years of ups and downs but mostly disappointments.

but if you want to blame it on the book, be my guest

I'm not blaming anything. I fully understand what this books means to the fans. I just didn't feel it like this was the band's last straw. That happened a long time ago.

11 hours ago, allwaystired said:

People feel pretty strongly, which is a lot to do with it's place in the wider scheme of things and the timing of their announcing this. 

I understand it felt like a slap in the face for the majority of the fans here. I just didn't care that much because in my opinion, the book has nothing to do with the band's inability to release music. 

10 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

This is objectively a very retarded cringe move and a slap in the hardcore(and casual) fanbase's face on multiple levels and basically, everyone feels this way. So people have posted their reactions to it and yes it has reached 12 pages because there's more than a few people on here.

So I don't understand why/what you find weird especially since you know this is a final straw.

It's weird because I felt that was just ANOTHER retarded cringe move by the management. I didn't expect to have that much reaction. 

Now, people keep posting that joke about the never ending The New Album Thread. It's almost 200 pages and it's mostly people feeling frustrated. I fully get that. 

What gets me is that this is such a unabashed vanity project for Team Brazil.  It really shows just how much their greasy fingers are in GNR's pocket.  That they would drop this stupid thing at time where people are waiting for refunds and news on the next album is wildly tone deaf and is really just gross.

• Like 2

Haha, I just read this over there at HTGTH. This is just great:

We don't know what's gonna happen tomorrow, next week, next month etc.
They could put out live shows, updates, interviews and new music. Just because they haven't done something yet, doesn't automatically mean they never will.

You gotta try to stay positive. I know it seems difficult at the moment when we don't even know when the next tour will be. But you gotta believe that things will happen. And if the things you wanted doesn't happen, there's probably a good reason for it.... Smiley

/jarmo

• GNFNR 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

What gets me is that this is such a unabashed vanity project for Team Brazil.  It really shows just how much their greasy fingers are in GNR's pocket.  That they would drop this stupid thing at time where people are waiting for refunds and news on the next album is wildly tone deaf and is really just gross.

I get the feeling that the band themselves might well have little or no control (or interest) about what happens with merchandise and the brand name. That seems to have been entirely handed over, like someone has said "there you go, use the name for whatever you like, it's our gift" which is massively odd. 

Can you imagine, say, Bruce Springsteen's manager releasing a book he wrote with the 'Bruce Springsteen' brand name emblazoned across it? It simply wouldn't happen. 

4 minutes ago, Rayno said:

They could put out live shows, updates, interviews and new music. Just because they haven't done something yet, doesn't automatically mean they never will.

You gotta try to stay positive. I know it seems difficult at the moment when we don't even know when the next tour will be. But you gotta believe that things will happen. And if the things you wanted doesn't happen, there's probably a good reason for it.... Smiley

/jarmo

This guy...

• Like 3

2 hours ago, DurhamGirl said:

Will anybody from GnR/TB camp reply to this thread?

No, but he'll probably reply on reddit saying a bunch of fans at shows told him how much they'd love it if the band wrote a children's book, so he decided to do it. Just like those laundry bags fans were apparently clamoring for. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

I get the feeling that the band themselves might well have little or no control (or interest) about what happens with merchandise and the brand name. That seems to have been entirely handed over, like someone has said "there you go, use the name for whatever you like, it's our gift" which is massively odd. 

Can you imagine, say, Bruce Springsteen's manager releasing a book he wrote with the 'Bruce Springsteen' brand name emblazoned across it? It simply wouldn't happen. 

You're more than likely correct in that I think all "merch" is Fernando's dojo, and it seems like more or less Axl gives him free reign over all that.  Using the GNR name to drop a children's book to promote his daughter/family/whatever shows just how much he gets to dick around with impunity.  I have to believe that Slash & Duff had to have just stared blinking at their screens when they saw a Guns N' Roses children's book about the Lebeis children. I mean, Jesus.

Edited by sofine11
  • Like 2

I don't know who is more delusional at this point - Fernando or Axl. Probably Fernando. Izzy was wise to stay away from this circus.

I'm also fully willing to admit that I'm quite masochistic at this point. I consider this band to be a total joke at this point and a sliver of what existed previously and yet I still come here. :lol:

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Rayno said:

/jarmo

That reminds me of this. :lol:

That didn't happen.

And if it did, it wasn't that bad.

And if it was, that's not a big deal.

And if it is, that's not my fault.

And if it was, I didn't mean it.

And if I did...

You deserved it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Rayno said:

/jarmo

"Mom, those people on the forums are mocking my beautiful work of art! They claim I'm not part of the band! Don't they understand how many three-hour meetings I attended to release this for the GN'R fam©?"

"More complaints? Okay, son, I'll tell Mr. Axl. No new music for one more decade."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, alfierose said:

That reminds me of this. :lol:

That didn't happen.

And if it did, it wasn't that bad.

And if it was, that's not a big deal.

And if it is, that's not my fault.

And if it was, I didn't mean it.

And if I did...

You deserved it.

This should probably be the first thing that pops up when you go to their official website.  A disclaimer of sorts letting everyone know "Abandon all hope, all ye who become a Guns N' Roses fan."

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, James Bond said:

I don't know who is more delusional at this point - Fernando or Axl. Probably Fernando. Izzy was wise to stay away from this circus.

I'm also fully willing to admit that I'm quite masochistic at this point. I consider this band to be a total joke at this point and a sliver of what existed previously and yet I still come here. :lol:

There's zero doubt it's Fernando. He fully believes he's an integral part of this band, and that he plays a big part in their success and renaissance since the reunion. Even though you could've put a blind monkey in charge and they still would've sold out stadiums with Slash back.

Axl probably doesn't know or care what half-assed merch Fernando is pushing out, as long as he gets the check for it.

1 minute ago, sofine11 said:

This should probably be the first thing that pops up when you go to their official website.  A disclaimer of sorts letting everyone know "Abandon all hope, all ye who become a Guns N' Roses fan."

There's a good chance Jarmo doesn't really know much of anything beyond vague tidbits thrown his way but it just frustrates the hell out of me that everyone associated with this band adopts a vaguely condescending, gaslighty tone about everything. The veiled threat of 'well maybe you'd have got something if you hadn't made such a fuss' or 'they could do something - just pray to the Gods a little longer' is always hanging in the air.

It's utterly maddening.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, alfierose said:

There's a good chance Jarmo doesn't really know much of anything beyond vague tidbits thrown his way but it just frustrates the hell out of me that everyone associated with this band adopts a vaguely condescending, gaslighty tone about everything. The veiled threat of 'well maybe you'd have got something if you hadn't made such a fuss' or 'they could do something - just pray to the Gods a little longer' is always hanging in the air.

It's utterly maddening.

Not to sound like a dick, just going by the way he (Jarmo) talks, and the way he presents himself, it really seems like he's on the spectrum for asbergers or something similar. That, or he's literally paid to be unstoppable cheerleader within the online fan community.  It's one or the other.  He doesn't operate like "just some guy who loves GNR" or like the admins on this forum who just want GNR to operate like any other normal & functioning A-list band.  He's like a Terminator looking for any form of dissent. Gibsonfender2323 was just banned for a week for that nonsense.  Jarmo gets to tour with the band.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sofine11 said:

Not to sound like a dick, just going by the way he (Jarmo) talks, and the way he presents himself, it really seems like he's on the spectrum for asbergers or something similar. That, or he's literally paid to be unstoppable cheerleader within the online fan community.  It's one or the other.  He doesn't operate like "just some guy who loves GNR" or like the admins on this forum who just want GNR to operate like any other normal & functioning A-list band.  He's like a Terminator looking for any form of dissent. Gibsonfender2323 was just banned for a week for that nonsense.  Jarmo gets to tour with the band.

Has he actually toured much with this iteration? I sort of got the impression he'd been frozen out a bit re the day to day tour logistics. I don't think I've looked at HTGH at all in the last couple of years so I might be wrong but it feels like his uber fan/insider gig mostly ended when Slash and Duff came back.

Just now, alfierose said:

Has he actually toured much with this iteration? I sort of got the impression he'd been frozen out a bit re the day to day tour logistics. I don't think I've looked at HTGH at all in the last couple of years so I might be wrong but it feels like his uber fan/insider gig mostly ended when Slash and Duff came back.

He was definitely there in 2016, and I believe for the subsequent tour legs.  At the Chicago show he tried to take a photo of Slash, but Slash wasn't having it for whatever reason and shooed him away before he could. Gave me a good chuckle in the front of the pit.  He was literally forced to apologize on his forum in early 2016 for all the shit talk about Slash and Duff from the previous decade, but soon after that it was back to being King Dick in that neck of the woods.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

He was definitely there in 2016, and I believe for the subsequent tour legs.  At the Chicago show he tried to take a photo of Slash, but Slash wasn't having it for whatever reason and shooed him away before he could. Gave me a good chuckle in the front of the pit.  He was literally forced to apologize on his forum in early 2016 for all the shit talk about Slash and Duff from the previous decade, but soon after that it was back to being King Dick in that neck of the woods.

Thanks. I'm not sure why I got the impression he was no longer part of the entourage. Maybe he's just kept a lower profile for whatever reason. I imagine a few old dynamics were shaken up perhaps -a bit like going from a big fish in a small pond to a small fish in a big pond. Maybe even though he's around he has less of a defined role?

2 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Dude has always struck me as a bit strange.

I have met him backstage and before a few shows prior to the 2016 reunion back in the Bucket and Bumble days this is.

He was a bit of a show off telling everyone his position in life like we gave a fuck 

I miss Bumble's impression of him: "Hel-lo. I. Am. Jar-mo." 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, vloors said:

If we dont get rid of team brazil then at this point i am really hoping slash/duff leave the band. Maybe bring back velvet revolver along with izzy back in the mix or slash drop another killer solo lp. Gnr is drowning.

If this thing continues like this.... probably yes. And it will rock a lot.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Gunner927 said:

I've been listening to a lot of '88 and '91 lately. Hearing the things Axl would say during these shows... it's incredible how far this band has fallen. He was so hell bent on being a band for the people, and they've literally become everything he denounced. It's so sad.

I agree. Wonder what 1987 Axl would say if he could see into the future.

• Like 1