Guns N' Roses to Release Children's Picture Book

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

On my mobile this thread was abbreviated as "Guns N' Roses to Release Chi.." and I open it to find this 

Fuck Fernando.

There's nothing to say that hasn't already been said in the thread  For once, I literally have no words. This is the biggest face palm day for me as a GNR fan. 

I dont think any fans ever thought the day would come that GN'R(or any music artists/bands) would release a children's book first before new music. I mean, it would have been "ok" if there was new music recently.

I am not usually vocal about negative things as most of you guys, but damn...

• Wow 1
2 hours ago, ChristmasFnatic said:

Do you think other members like Slash and Duff have a say in this? I wonder what Slash's opinion about this.

I doubt they even know about this and if yes, they probably don't care as long as it doesn't affect the amount of money they make

• Like 1

I can't find any excuses for Slash and Duff.

If they don't know about it it speaks volumes as well.

WE know about it, if they don't it means they don't give a fuck about Guns N' Roses and are only in it for the money. And don't care about their integrity as musicians and artists.

14 hours ago, jekylhyde said:

This whole children's book debacle shows that the manager(s) of Guns N' Roses don't really understand the brand of the band. Or actually, they don't understand what branding itself means.

Laundry bags, toy trucks, children's books... They just cheapen the whole image of the band. With KISS it works because it's SO over the top. Like, everybody's in on the joke. (And not to mention KISS has put out tons of music and they are very fan-friendly with their communication.) But with Guns N' Roses it just feels poorly designed, cheap and desperate.

The band itself is very professional when it comes to performing, but all this other stuff just screams unprofessionalism. Like the people who are behind this have little to no idea what their goal is. As a fan, it feels really off-putting.

Walt, wait, wait.... they have toy trucks?! 😍

• Haha 1
On 08/05/2020 at 7:41 AM, fantomas said:

All kidding aside, fuck this band. They have completely lost the plot. I have been on this site over 20 years. I've seen us beg for scraps, clamoring for bootlegs after the 2001 HOB show, drool over demos we're chastised for listening to. I've watched the 2002 freak show. We're banned from posting videos and get cease and desists from the band, they are managed by a team of fucking morons who treat fans with what can only be described as detest. The only reason I bother with this site is because I like the people here. But the band? Fuck em. Slash and Duff should grow some fucking integrity. And Axl? Jesus Christ, I mean what the fuck happened?

And now we close the chapter with a kids book??? I'd say GNR has turned into Kiss, but they actually put out music. 

/barf

I don't disagree with your overall sentiment but it's only fair to point out it's not the band or their management sending cease & desists over video footage.

1 hour ago, alfierose said:

I don't disagree with your overall sentiment but it's only fair to point out it's not the band or their management sending cease & desists over video footage.

Then who is sending cease and desists over video footage? Last I knew there were a couple of former members of this forum deleting videos in Youtube. And TB was not doing anything to stop them

58 minutes ago, Padme said:

Then who is sending cease and desists over video footage? Last I knew there were a couple of former members of this forum deleting videos in Youtube. And TB was not doing anything to stop them

Yes they haven't intervened to stop it but the takedowns of YT videos and the C&Ds to the forum come via the orgs set up to deal with copyright issues who usually work for or in conjunction with the music labels. This comes about because of individuals taking advantage of the reporting systems in place.

I was just pointing out that to say it's the band or TB is too simplistic and not really correct.

• Haha 1

Any Guns N' Roses children's book is probably a bad idea, but they could have at least made one that featured band members as children and was based on their experiences. A Guns N' Roses book that is in fact about TB children seems inexcusable from any angle.

There were a lot of debates over the years about whether nuGNR was really GNR. I pretty much sat on the fence because I felt I could see where both sides were coming from. Now I wonder if it's come to a point where TB=GNR?

You have to wonder why on earth Axl is allowing this to happen. Did he genuinely like the idea or is he so desperately afraid of losing Beta that he thinks he has no choice but to allow her son to do whatever he pleases? From an outsider's point of view it seems plain crazy.

• Like 2
16 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

I would be fine with that, It was awesome seeing Slash and Duff playing all the classics again in front of the classic Guns logo. It was icing on the cake when Axl didn't sound like crap. At this point I wouldn't care if they sailed into the sunset again. Not really a fan of anyone in the band except Slash and Duff anyway.  It has been over 4 years now and all they do is release ridiculous swag. Not that I care about new music from this line up but releasing some old classic shows would have been cool. 

If the band ended, what difference would it really make to any of us? We wouldnt are GNR again? Most of us have multiple, if not many, times. I have seen them 7 times. What is the loss of not seeing them more aside from a few fun nights out? Plus Axl sounds worse and worse

3 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

If the band ended, what difference would it really make to any of us? We wouldnt are GNR again? Most of us have multiple, if not many, times. I have seen them 7 times. What is the loss of not seeing them more aside from a few fun nights out? Plus Axl sounds worse and worse

My thoughts too. I'm glad I was able to see Axl, Slash and Duff together on stage, but I struggle to remain interested in the same tour over and over. I likely won't be going again unless new music comes out, so at this point it is neither here nor there for me.

30 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

I'd genuinely rather see them end than slog on with ever diminishing returns. 

Having said that, they're all capable of doing more than this at present, so fingers crossed but it feels now is the critical time for change. 

6 hours ago, alfierose said:

I'm an author. If someone is doing something detrimental and claiming to be me,  and I have full knowledge about it and I do nothing to protect my fans or myself, I am endorsing it and I may as well be doing it myself. Inaction with knowledge is still action. That is why I said the band is doing it. Someone is acting on their behalf. They know it and do nothing. That's condoning mistreatment of their fans.

It's such a rank, rotten, embarrassing and excrutiating idea that days later I'm still in disbelief really. 

I'm not angry about it- I just think it's utterly tragic, on every imaginable level. 

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

As long as Slash is in the band I will go and enjoy it but I really could care less about anyone else on stage except Duff... This is far from the band I fell in love with.

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1
  • Sad 1
19 minutes ago, eddiedingle said:

This band is pure embarrassment .

Pretty much.. This reunion could have been one of the best things ever.. I think the most exciting time for me was when we knew it was happening and leading up to the Troubadour show.. Then we saw what Axl looked and sounded like.. The half ass lineup... 

• Like 2