Jump to content

Guns N' Roses to Release Children's Picture Book


Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Sausagebrain said:

Gnr could put out all the children's books and toy trucks that they want, as far as I am concerned, as long as they were also putting out new music product as well. 

It would still be amazingly embarrassing and a good subject for ridicule.....but yeah, if other stuff ever came out it would probably seem less so. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

On my mobile this thread was abbreviated as "Guns N' Roses to Release Chi.." and I open it to find this 

Fuck Fernando.

There's nothing to say that hasn't already been said in the thread  For once, I literally have no words. This is the biggest face palm day for me as a GNR fan. 

50 minutes ago, Sosso said:

Did you know that there is Motörhead sex toy merch? He might want to add it if he looks into Mel's and  Beta's locker 

GNR sex toy merch would at least be on brand. Actually surprised they haven't done it yet.

 

38 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

This thread :lol:

 

WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH THEY PRODUCE A CHILDRENS BOOK WAHHHH.

 

JFC

It's at least good for a laugh.

Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

There's nothing to say that hasn't already been said in the thread 

For once, I literally have no words. This is the biggest face palm day for me as a GNR fan. 

Agreed totally, couldn’t have put it better

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

This announcement, coming right now, is such a dick slap in the face. Fuck Team Brazil.

Part of me thinks it’s deliberate. You know what? I wouldn’t be surprised if it was

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, gavgnr said:

Part of me thinks it’s deliberate. You know what? I wouldn’t be surprised if it was

Oh absolutely. These leeches are reading this thread and laughing their asses off. Fernando and Beta have proven time and again what scum they are. And going by Vanessa's treatment of Axl in that video where he couldn't find his car, I'm guessing she's no exception.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean, I don´t like the product but I don´t find it offensive. It´s a brand guys, you may sell products around it. I don´t feel disrespected as a fan if they're selling this. Would I like them to sell new music? Yes of course, but it´s not an either/or thing here.

Having said that, the Rose surname it´s kind of creepy though, but I guess that Axl himself doesn´t really have a problem with it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, gavgnr said:

Part of me thinks it’s deliberate. You know what? I wouldn’t be surprised if it was

To roll it out as some "announcement" when they haven't even released a statement of the canceled shows, not to mention, when they know fans are starving for word new music, is just wildly tone deaf thing to do, and makes me think they're just not self-aware or very altogether bright.  In other words, completely on-brand for Team Brazil.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if this was the new album Fernando was promising by March. Album in Dutch could be used for a book like that 🤔

You have to wonder if they're really clueless of if they're really just trolling us.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Manfisman said:

I mean, I don´t like the product but I don´t find it offensive. It´s a brand guys, you may sell products around it. I don´t feel disrespected as a fan if they're selling this. Would I like them to sell new music? Yes of course, but it´s not an either/or thing here.

Having said that, the Rose surname it´s kind of creepy though, but I guess that Axl himself doesn´t really have a problem with it.

It's not offensive no. 

It is shit, embarrassing, naff tat cynically aimed at exploiting the name of a band not exactly known for their 'child-friendly' behaviour though. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DurhamGirl said:

As a new fan I am so so disappointed...a childrens book...I am gutted.   Obviously the time to have been an admirer of Guns n Roses was 89-93, when they were a real band, I really dont know what they are now.

a band that lives from the success in the past and the reunion....so sad... THAT S NOT THE BAND I FELL  IN LOVE WITH AS A TEENIE

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Oh absolutely. These leeches are reading this thread and laughing their asses off. Fernando and Beta have proven time and again what scum they are. And going by Vanessa's treatment of Axl in that video where he couldn't find his car, I'm guessing she's no exception.

Which video?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

I wish someone would grab Slash and force him to give honest answers to all of this fuckery

I once saw Bruce Dickenson talking about Iron Maiden and how they had been approached to release an Iron Maiden wine. He was saying how it would have been ridiculous, as the fans would have laughed at it, and the 'brand' is so important, so he told them that but that he thought fans would be more onboard with a branded beer (Trooper), so that got made. 

That's the thing that's missed here so much - the constant undermining of the 'brand' to it's market (the fans) which is absolutely the worst thing you can do in any business. Especially one in which the 'brand' is all you have in the absence of any creative moves forward. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...