Axl Rose vs. US. Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin

28 minutes ago, vloors said:

Lets have the spin crew jump on the tailcoat hey.

I was responding to downzy and no I dont have a problem with political music. I do have a problem with a musician who refuses to release any music and does nothing but rants about politicians while typing like a 14 year old girl on Twitter.

Well in this instance, it's avoidable... yeah, you might have seen a tweet, but to have seen or heard all of them suggests you're following it and interested.

Sounds like you just disagree with his politics. What do you have against free speech ;) 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, vloors said:

Its unavoidable dont you see?

His tweets are put on every gnr forum, every music website, every news website and even the news on television. People are following him for his music endeavors not his random political rants.

Its truly unfortunate that this is all the news we get from him.

It's not unavoidable.  

Again, no one is forcing you to pay attention.  Nobody is forcing you or anyone else to follow him on Twitter.  Is there some law that states that if a musician joins twitter they may only tweet about music?  

You're welcome to go live your life and wait for new music however you please.  

But again, my bet here isn't that you have an issue with Axl speaking his mind on politics.  It's that your politics and his don't align.  If he were bashing Clinton or Biden I'm sure you'd be fine with hearing his political opinions.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, downzy said:

It's not unavoidable.  

Again, no one is forcing you to pay attention.  Nobody is forcing you or anyone else to follow him on Twitter.  Is there some law that states that if a musician joins twitter they may only tweet about music?  

You're welcome to go live your life and wait for new music however you please.  

But again, my bet here isn't that you have an issue with Axl speaking his mind on politics.  It's that your politics and his don't align.  If he were bashing Clinton or Biden I'm sure you'd be fine with hearing his political opinions.  

I dont give two fucks about US politics.

I am not in the USA. 

22 hours ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

To be fair it's not clear that Axl was fully aware how bad it was at that point. He knew about it since he joked about his piano having it but he seems to live on another world sometimes (and the parasites that surround him are clueless in general) so we don't know how informed he was.

Yea none of them were aware. They were busy rehearsing and dealing with the business side of gnr I’m sure

15 minutes ago, vloors said:

While you guys keep sucking Axls ass I am unsubscribing myself from this bullshit lets gang up and pick on someone thread.

That's a little extreme, every response gets a response, that's how discussion works on a forum

Edited by moreblack

6 minutes ago, vloors said:

While you guys keep sucking Axls ass I am unsubscribing myself from this bullshit lets gang up and pick on someone thread.

Nobody is ganging up on you.  You're the one making an argument in a public forum, others are choosing to respond.

Again, you're welcome to check in and check out any time you want.  Nothing is stopping you just like nothing is stopping you from reading or not reading Axl's tweets.  

Most here, including myself, have been critical of Axl and Guns a lot of late.  It's not about kissing his ass (especially since it's likely years since he's last visited this forum).  Some agree with his position and some don't.  

Ultimately what I think the real problem with your position remains in the belief that artists shouldn't be free to say what they want about politics and should stay in their lane.  For most people here that's absurd.  I disagree with everything Ted Nuggent stands for, but I don't fault him for having an opinion.  It works both ways.  

• Like 1

• downzy changed the title to Axl Rose vs. US. Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin
10 minutes ago, downzy said:

I disagree with everything Ted Nuggent stands for, but I don't fault him for having an opinion.  It works both ways.  

See, and he came across as much less of an ass on the Joe Rogan podcast than I've seen him be when he knows he's got a platform. Then he was at least 50% Theodore Anthony and not as much of an ass as he tries to be most of the time.

♫ Liberia, girrrrrrl.... you came and you changed my world...

... two douches tradin' tweets...

and Steven says don't lecture me...

and Axl says incredulously...

that flag is Liberian, girl.

Edited by Ant
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Zinia_29 said:

Stephen colbert mentions this at 7 min mark 

Lol all the top news media outlets are covering this, definitely not just a silly matter.

That was awesome: 

"A feud between Mr. Appetite for Destruction and Axl Rose" :lol:

• Haha 2