Jump to content

Axl Rose vs. US. Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin


Recommended Posts

Say what you want about it, but the nonstop touring has floated/created a ton of jobs. Not just within the GNR camp. From beer vendors to local union work and all the way to jobs at Live Nation. Not that it was at all altruistic, but it’s contributed more to this country than what Treasury Secretary thinks 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It’ll get interesting if Mnuchin brings up Lisbon, Poland.

This is getting entertaining   

If Axl wanted to get attention on twitter, 1) he would tweet more often 2) he would tag the politicians (Mnuchin, in this case) he calls out in his tweets. Mnuchin, on the other hand, being Secre

6 minutes ago, guitarpatch said:

Say what you want about it, but the nonstop touring has floated/created a ton of jobs. Not just within the GNR camp. From beer vendors to local union work and all the way to jobs at Live Nation. Not that it was at all altruistic, but it’s contributed more to this country than what Treasury Secretary thinks 

The hospitality/enterntainment industry overall keeps a hell of a lot of people in work. To have it decimated is pretty devastating.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, alfierose said:

The hospitality/enterntainment industry overall keeps a hell of a lot of people in work. To have it decimated is pretty devastating.

Yep. Tons of friends who are out of work right now and for the foreseeable future. They’ll have to find something to float until shows can return. That’s if some of those venues are still open for business. It sucks

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

The Dixie Chicks had a massive comeback with the very next record (Taking The Long Road). Then they all had varying degrees of success with solo projects. Then they toured successfully for years and just had a brand new album released last week. Not sure how that's a good example here lol. 

in 2004 the dixie chicks trash talk president bush the dixie chicks career was over there music was banned from playing on the radio then in 2017 or 2018 the dixie chicks was ready for a comeback and once again they trash talk trump who is president and they ruin there career again and i'm just saying if axl does that his career will be over

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, thomase said:

in 2004 the dixie chicks trash talk president bush the dixie chicks career was over there music was banned from playing on the radio then in 2017 or 2018 the dixie chicks was ready for a comeback and once again they trash talk trump who is president and they ruin there career again and i'm just saying if axl does that his career will be over

GNR is a global act who’s reach is more diverse than the demo of country pop radio. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, thomase said:

in 2004 the dixie chicks trash talk president bush the dixie chicks career was over there music was banned from playing on the radio then in 2017 or 2018 the dixie chicks was ready for a comeback and once again they trash talk trump who is president and they ruin there career again and i'm just saying if axl does that his career will be over

The badass Dixie Chicks are doing just fine. Stop drinking the koolaid

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Axl is 100% right. It doesn't matter what he did or if he's hypocrite. The other guy works in a public service and the pandemic is much worse now. 

12 minutes ago, baje said:

The badass Dixie Chicks are doing just fine. Stop drinking the koolaid

This.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, thomase said:

axl need focus on his music career look what happen to the dixie chicks they ruin there career by attacking the president bush and trump

:lol: 

Link to post
Share on other sites

How anyone can defend Rose when he gets political is beyond me ... Not only does he display 0 intelligent thought it's usually just abusive insults ? You can tell he consumes no independent media and just parrots what he hears on CNN 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, thomase said:

in 2004 the dixie chicks trash talk president bush the dixie chicks career was over there music was banned from playing on the radio then in 2017 or 2018 the dixie chicks was ready for a comeback and once again they trash talk trump who is president and they ruin there career again and i'm just saying if axl does that his career will be over

The Dixie Chicks are more relevant than GN'R in 2020. I'm not remotely a country fan, and I've heard a bunch of times about their new album.

I rarely hear a general peep about GN'R since the end of the NA tour in 2016.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, StayofExecution2020 said:

I know a Brazilian family who would probably live in the slums of Rio if it wasn't for axl

I don´t think so, Beta was living in LA before meeting Axl, she was the babysitter of Steph Seymour childrens

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, DurhamGirl said:

Why so verbally abusive?  Wow no wonder he keeps away from social media...

Bit rich when Axl's opening gambit was to call someone an asshole...or that time he came here to call Madison a cunt.

Edited by invisible_rose
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

Wow you got me there ... Nice rebuttal! 

I just find it funny that some people who criticize other people’s intelligence show no signs of having any of their own. 

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, invisible_rose said:

Bit rich when Axl's opening gambit was to call someone an asshole...or that time he came here to call Madison a cunt.

Are we sure Axl doesn’t consider himself an asshole at times?  He use to sing about it before November Rain. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, invisible_rose said:

Bit rich when Axl's opening gambit was to call someone an asshole...or that time he came here to call Madison a cunt.

Or you can say it takes one to know one. Don’t think he’s calling himself innocent here. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, downzy said:

Are we sure Axl doesn’t consider himself an asshole at times?  He use to sing about it before November Rain. 

 

Just now, guitarpatch said:

Or you can say it takes one to know one. Don’t think he’s calling himself innocent here. 

Sorry guys, I think you misunderstood my response. In this instance it wasn't directed at Axl, but at the person who suggested I was out of order for taking a shot at Axl by being 'verbally abusive' about his decision to take to social media to call someone else an 'asshole'.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, downzy said:

Are we sure Axl doesn’t consider himself an asshole at times?  He use to sing about it before November Rain. 

I mean, he did call himself King Dick. I'm fairly certain he's always been honest about being an asshole. I mean, really, it's fucking Axl - he's been calling people assholes, cunts, dicks, and various other references to genitals and orifices for the entirety of his career. If you don't know what you're getting with him by now...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Any political lyrics on a hypothetical new album will be my jumping off point more than this children’s book has been.

Axl has gone way too leftist for me at this point. Not my political cup of tea, and I say this as someone that generally leans right wing but is pretty liberal in regards to social issues.

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, invisible_rose said:

 

Sorry guys, I think you misunderstood my response. In this instance it wasn't directed at Axl, but at the person who suggested I was out of order for taking a shot at Axl by being 'verbally abusive' about his decision to take to social media to call someone else an 'asshole'.

I agree that it probably wasn’t the best choice or words.

Personally, I would have gone with the word “idiot” or “moron“ to describe any cabinet official who would promote the idea that Americans should travel around the country in the midst of a pandemic. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The Real McCoy said:

Any political lyrics on a hypothetical new album will be my jumping off point more than this children’s book has been.

GNR have always included elements of political commentary in their music. This would be nothing new. They did release an album “Chinese Democracy” after all...

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, downzy said:

GNR have always included elements of political commentary in their music. This would be nothing new. They did release an album “Chinese Democracy” after all...

It’s always been in general terms, for the most part. There’s no way I’m sitting through an album that’s nothing but bashing the Trump administration for 75 minutes.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • downzy changed the title to Axl Rose vs. US. Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin
  • RussTCB locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...