Axl Rose vs. US. Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin

Everytime someone says "I'm not left or right-wing", he/she votes for the right-wing.

1 hour ago, nycgunner said:

Couldn’t disagree more strongly. Good journalism is more important than ever, especially in an age when too many live in their own echo chambers (Fox News, FB, Twitter) and an administration that perpetually lies (too many examples in the last 2-3 months to even site) and is plainly incompetent.  NYT, Washington Post, and WSJ, among others, are doing a fantastic job. Note I am not referring to Opinion sections, which are just that and of course have their own politically leanings. 

Yes, you won’t see “mainstream” media praise Trump because there isn’t anything to praise.  This is a man who needs his ass kissed to even bother doing his job.  A man who said he preferred to leave Americans on a boat plagued with this virus because he wanted to keep the numbers down.  A man who doesn’t want testing availability for you and me because the numbers will make “us” look bad (his words from yesterday, not mine)

Pretty sure I saw universal praise for GW Bush’s unity video from last weekend. People are starved for leadership. The only person that had an issue with Bush’s video was Trump.  He’s still sore Bush was chosen for McCain’s eulogy and Trump wasn’t welcome. But Trump likes his veterans who weren’t captured...

Thank God for real journalists who are exposing and combating the lies 

This. One side of the press/media is using facts and research. Fox News is like propaganda, including Trump's disregard for the Science and Public Healthy advisors. Those are not two sides of the same coin. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, nycgunner said:

Couldn’t disagree more strongly. Good journalism is more important than ever, especially in an age when too many live in their own echo chambers (Fox News, FB, Twitter) and an administration that perpetually lies (too many examples in the last 2-3 months to even site) and is plainly incompetent.  NYT, Washington Post, and WSJ, among others, are doing a fantastic job. Note I am not referring to Opinion sections, which are just that and of course have their own politically leanings. 

Yes, you won’t see “mainstream” media praise Trump because there isn’t anything to praise.  This is a man who needs his ass kissed to even bother doing his job.  A man who said he preferred to leave Americans on a boat plagued with this virus because he wanted to keep the numbers down.  A man who doesn’t want testing availability for you and me because the numbers will make “us” look bad (his words from yesterday, not mine)

Pretty sure I saw universal praise for GW Bush’s unity video from last weekend. People are starved for leadership. The only person that had an issue with Bush’s video was Trump.  He’s still sore Bush was chosen for McCain’s eulogy and Trump wasn’t welcome. But Trump likes his veterans who weren’t captured...

Thank God for real journalists who are exposing and combating the lies 

As someone who works for Bloomberg  LP, I have to say that it concerns me that people posts conspiracy theories and nonfactual stories on Facebook. People do not research things. If they do, they just go on Youtube and claim that's research. It scares me that legitimate news sources are not being looked upon. I was taught in college and working at Bloomberg how to research things and verify sources. I wish others can do the same. 

You are on point with this. Btw, Bloomberg wrote an article today. Steve Mnuchin elevated Axl to a new level. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, guitarpatch said:

There are plenty of threads here that pertain to an album release. Axl Rose having a back and forth Twitter response with the Treasury Secretary seems like it should be discussion worthy 

It seems Mr. Rose doesn’t have time to address his fans unless they’re hemorrhaging cash...

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Chester 524 said:

this whole thing has taught me two things... 1. Axl will never write "and" 

n'

2. I'm now dying for a Trump/ Axl twitter feud more than ever. 

The problem is Axl doesn't tag who he's tweeting at so Trump probably doesn't see them.

7 hours ago, registra said:

Seems like it can be blamed on anything but Trump and his administration(btw, what terrible leadership of Obama to not have testing kits for a virus that didn't even exist at the time. How terrible of him to only leave Trump with three years to prepare for something like this. 

3 years to prepare for this???? So you're saying that Trump should have had all these testing kits for a "virus that didn't exist" hypocritical..  Trump didn't just come out of nowhere and start blaming Obama or blame anyone at all. It was in direct response to being criticized for not having enough "testing kits" amongst other things.  He should have omitted the "inherited" part but if you read or saw the whole issue he was basically saying this is the same stockpile the Obama administration AND the Bush administration had. If this happened during their presidency would have been their fault that there weren't enough "'testing kits'?

The most important part that you and the media leave out is that he immediately followed that up with saying he didn't blame the other administration's because no one could have foreseen this happening. 

Edited by Tom-Ass
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Why does any and everyone that likes Trump ALWAYS reference the 'media' as some sort of big enemy? Is it because Trump always does? 

I'm not sure they know what they're talking about really, like they think 'the media' all sits in one little room and has meetings. Or they maybe think 'the media' is one big company, rather than a catch-all word used to describe the entire global communications and entertainment industries? 

What do they even mean by 'the media'? Is it essentially 'any newspaper, film or music outlet that disagrees with them'?

You often hear 'the media' blamed when some old fading celeb gets a few crap reviews. They always start blazing on about how 'the media has an agenda to get them' and the like, when the reality is that their new film/book/album whatever is just shit. 

The majority of the media has been pro liberal/democrat for a long time now. Not sure how anyone cannot see that. There are plenty of Liberal News Channels out there. CNN, MSNBC, NPR.. The late shows are all anti republican/conservative.. The View, Daily show and on and on and on.. The only big Conservative media outlet is Fox News...

This has been going on long before Trump...  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Probably, but it doesn't make it any better for him.

Isn't it funny that, from what I read, he or his team have ignored all the other public criticism towards him but chose to reply to a rock musician's criticism by asking him what he has done for his country? :lol:

Hah unless he was a big fan and had been following him?

Who knows.

Same way that Axl never replies to fans or gives updates on music but happy to push his political views on everyone.

Both are bad as each other in my eyes.

1 hour ago, Arnuld said:

I don’t enjoy “woke” Axl Rose. 

Dude this Twitter feud is the most "old Axl" since he tried to throw punches at the airport in 2009, or bit the security guard's leg in 2006 lol 

1 minute ago, vloors said:

Who knows.

Same way that Axl never replies to fans or gives updates on music but happy to push his political views on everyone.

The whole point is that it is not on the same level. One’s a rockstar and the other is the Treasury Secretary. Making music and updating fans isn’t and shouldn’t be considered on par with someone who should be focused on navigating through a financial crisis during a pandemic 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

Rose can comment on politics all he wants but then why should anyone listen to a rock singer who has been effectively washed up since 1993?

Because he’s saying that people shouldn’t travel around the USA during the pandemic. That’s not even a political statement. Nor is it woke. If one were to ignore this they might die. That’s why people should listen to Axl.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Rose can comment on politics all he wants but then why should anyone listen to a rock singer who has been effectively washed up since 1993?

I think the question we should all be asking isn't why we should listen to Axl Rose, but why is the information Axl Rose is saying actually more accurate and logically sound than the actual Treasury Secretary

• Like 4

7 hours ago, guitarpatch said:

Maybe we should be holding the Treasury Secretary and the President’s administration to a higher standard instead of lowering it to Axl Freakin Rose’s level? Seems like some have that issue and are trying to put them on some sort of even playing field 

Maybe Steve Mnuchin is (was?) an Axl Rose fan.  Who knows.

1 minute ago, soon said:

Because he’s saying that people shouldn’t travel around the USA during the pandemic. That’s not even a political statement. Nor is it woke. If one were to ignore this they might die. That’s why people should listen to Axl.

I don't see any reason why people should listen? Should they listen to Vince Neil also? Why should we be interested in what washed up hair rockers think?

Just now, WhazUp said:

Dude this Twitter feud is the most "old Axl" since he tried to throw punches at the airport in 2009, or bit the security guard's leg in 2006 lol 

True but I think the stuff he says on Twitter is fucking retarded for the most part. And he’s being a hypocrite for criticizing Mnuchin about travel when performed a stadium show at the start of the pandemic. 

• Like 1

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

I don't see any reason why people should listen? Should they listen to Vince Neil also? Why should we be interested in what washed up hair rockers think?

So they don’t die. I just said that :lol:

3 minutes ago, soon said:

Nor should they perform stadium shows for 100,000 people at the onset of the pandemic. 

Just now, Arnuld said:

Nor should they perform stadium shows for 100,000 people at the onset of the pandemic. 

Yes, that was ridiculous.

doesnt mean he’s wrong in his tweet though.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, vloors said:

Who knows.

He hasn't been following him. Maybe his wife has :lol:

Are you seriously comparing a high-level government official to a rock musician?