NITL live videos on youtube

Axl himself and everybody else in the Guns camp should have realised a long time ago that Axl DOES sound like Mickey most of the time, I don't think these comments should suprise them at all. If that was a problem they should have a) picked better videos where Axl does not sound like that or b) scraped the idea before the first "selects" happened.

Edited by El Guapo

The response has been overwhelmingly positive for the NITL selects.

People just want more of them and for them to be released on a regular schedule.

I'm still assuming they are working on these in the background, but as always a little communication would just smooth things out.

I never bought Slash's last DVD because I though LTD was terrible but just stumbled upon a pro shot Nightrain from that tour and it was great.. Better than any of these selects.. The band sounded better than Guns N' Roses currently does, the video quality was superb and Slash's playing is far better than it is with the current Guns lineup.  The outro leads are killer. The only weak link is Myles I guess but he isn't terrible.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Towelie said:

I am rooting for Slash to leave. It'd be satisfying seeing Axl be the one to get fucked over for a change.

Fuck knows what slash must be thinking when he hears mickey in his inear monitors. I give Axls vocals another 5 years tops.

5 hours ago, El Guapo said:

Axl himself and everybody else in the Guns camp should have realised a long time ago that Axl DOES sound like Mickey most of the time, I don't think these comments should suprise them at all. If that was a problem they should have a) picked better videos where Axl does not sound like that or b) scraped the idea before the first "selects" happened.

Im sure axl knows and if he has no rasp and his chords cannot be saved, then adjust the setlist to cater for his voice. He wont do that and still expects to sing Coma and YCBM. 

3 minutes ago, lame ass security said:

Wow, that's some eye opening stuff. Hell, Axl hardly even registers. 

I'd guess he's happy with what he hears on stage and just uses his IEM to hear himself a bit clearer, whereas Duff's IEM has Axl and Frank almost as loud as himself. (There's about 90 mins of Slash's IEM recording from the Osaka 2017 show, and 20-25 mins from Duff's IEM)

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, lame ass security said:

Wow, that's some eye opening stuff. Hell, Axl hardly even registers. 

5 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I'd guess he's happy with what he hears on stage and just uses his IEM to hear himself a bit clearer, whereas Duff's IEM has Axl and Frank almost as loud as himself. (There's about 90 mins of Slash's IEM recording from the Osaka 2017 show, and 20-25 mins from Duff's IEM)

Slash has himself loud and axl low thanks for this. All i can hear is alot of breathing.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NachoLZ said:

Why can't we never get a  great professionally recorded video, like solo Slash ones :( 

release new stuff, playing a nice tour with a fun setlist, release a live dvd. That's what a band does. Everyone has their opinions on the music of Myles Kennedy and Slash. For Guns N 'Roses, 2016 to 2017 would have been enough to celebrate their return. L.A. Dodger Stadium 2016 both nights would be enough material to make a Blu Ray / DVD, in fact they were recorded more than usual.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, t-p-d-a said:

release new stuff, playing a nice tour with a fun setlist, release a live dvd. That's what a band does. Everyone has their opinions on the music of Myles Kennedy and Slash. For Guns N 'Roses, 2016 to 2017 would have been enough to celebrate their return. L.A. Dodger Stadium 2016 both nights would be enough material to make a Blu Ray / DVD, in fact they were recorded more than usual.

Exactly. UYI took 3 years to promote a double album. NITL should have taken two years to promote the reunion, especially when nothing new was included and the world had already been toured by the end of 2017. 2018 and on should have been solely used for work on the new record. 

And I believe they did create something new during 2018-19, but probably way less than they could have. 

Edited by jamillos

15 hours ago, GnR Chris said:

Slash left on his own accord the first time too. 

I wouldn't be that bothered if he went again tbh, he seemed off his A game in 2018/19, some sloppy solo's and sounding not as good, maybe he's bored.. Nobody knows 

Easy one for Axl, IF slash walks & nobody knows a thing about it... Finck or Bucket return? Or give fortus the lead and call Gilby 

26 minutes ago, dando said:

I wouldn't be that bothered if he went again tbh, he seemed off his A game in 2018/19, some sloppy solo's and sounding not as good, maybe he's bored.. Nobody knows 

Easy one for Axl, IF slash walks & nobody knows a thing about it... Finck or Bucket return? Or give fortus the lead and call Gilby 

If Slash ever leaves again, there will be no more GnR. Axl (TB) unfortunately seems not to care a lot about an ongoing succsess of the band anymore. So why should he suddenly care about it without Slash ? Only to tour with a few puppets ? Never !  If you like it or not, Slash carries a lot of the b(r)and these days.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, EricA said:

If Slash ever leaves again, there will be no more GnR. Axl (TB) unfortunately seems not to care a lot about an ongoing succsess of the band anymore. So why should he suddenly care about it without Slash ? Only to tour with a few puppets ? Never !  If you like it or not, Slash carries a lot of the b(r)and these days.

Axl will carry on forever with Guns, Slash left before, nobody knows he's off again.. Its easy money playing with Guns so why would he go?  Guns carried on before and would if it happened again 

9 minutes ago, dando said:

Axl will carry on forever with Guns, Slash left before, nobody knows he's off again.. Its easy money playing with Guns so why would he go?  Guns carried on before and would if it happened again 

I doubt, and i hope that we'll never have to find out.

Edited by EricA
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, dando said:

Slash leaving would probably mean the end of GNR, because the casuals wouldn't buy tickets if they knew he was gone - and the only option for Axl would be getting back to Up Close and Personal stuff and the likes. Even if he hired someone like Zakk Wylde, they'd never get the numbers again, not to mention that Slash is essential for the sound and spirit of a real GNR record. So unless we're talking about getting back to ChinDem era and releasing CD II / leftovers, there's no way Guns could continue - at least not on this scale - without the top hat man, especially with Axl's worsening form...

• Like 3