NITL live videos on youtube

If Slash was to go, that would be the end of the band, without a doubt. 

They struggled hugely before in terms of sales, with many tickets for the later tours being given away free. The only attraction for a lot of people then was that it WAS GNR (i.e. it was that or nothing). Now every casual fan that is even remotely interested has seen them with Slash, there's not a chance in hell they'd pay again. 

They're not really paying again WITH Slash (they've ticked that box and moved on now), so without him the band wouldn't be a viable commercial concern anymore I don't think. There would be no selling point whatsoever. 

EDIT: Not that I can see him going at any point anyway. There would be no reason to leave, other than boredom, but I'mm sure the money coming in outweighs the boredom. 

Edited by allwaystired
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Slash leaving would probably mean the end of GNR, because the casuals wouldn't buy tickets if they knew he was gone - and the only option for Axl would be getting back to Up Close and Personal stuff and the likes. Even if he hired someone like Zakk Wylde, they'd never get the numbers again, not to mention that Slash is essential for the sound and spirit of a real GNR record. So unless we're talking about getting back to ChinDem era and releasing CD II / leftovers, there's no way Guns could continue - at least not on this scale - without the top hat man, especially with Axl's worsening form...

That. And I doubt that Axl has the passion, for lack of better word, to build it up again and carrying it on with him and his worsening voice being the only focal point of the show. If Slash leaves, Axl will pack it in.

46 minutes ago, dando said:

Axl will carry on forever with Guns, Slash left before, nobody knows he's off again.. Its easy money playing with Guns so why would he go?  Guns carried on before and would if it happened again 

Slash left before. Axl felt he had something to prove. There was fire. That fire is gone. Slash leaves. Axl closes up shop. It's not 25 years ago.

• Like 1

I think Slash leaving again would be hugely damaging to GNR as a brand. It'd set GNR back to a worse footing than 2014 but I think Axl would keep chugging along even if only for financial reasons. 

Personally think it'd be better for Axl to go solo, but I think even a nu-nu-nu GNR would be able to play theatres/arenas.

However I massively doubt Slash would consider leaving. The guys seem happy playing together. Slash and Duff have other projects to put music out on and Axl has put GNR back into the big leagues.

55 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Slash leaving would probably mean the end of GNR, because the casuals wouldn't buy tickets if they knew he was gone - and the only option for Axl would be getting back to Up Close and Personal stuff and the likes. Even if he hired someone like Zakk Wylde, they'd never get the numbers again, not to mention that Slash is essential for the sound and spirit of a real GNR record. So unless we're talking about getting back to ChinDem era and releasing CD II / leftovers, there's no way Guns could continue - at least not on this scale - without the top hat man, especially with Axl's worsening form...

It's all hypothetical but, If he left again, Duff is still around.. Axl would still fill arena's definitely in Europe, no idea about the U.S having only been to one there, Slash & Myles wouldn't fill the arena's that Guns minus slash would... Lets hope he stays, absolutely nothing suggests he's off

18 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Slash left before. Axl felt he had something to prove. There was fire. That fire is gone. Slash leaves. Axl closes up shop. It's not 25 years ago.

Axl would carry on, There's easy options for him... Fans opinions dont matter at all, he's Finck, Ashba, even fortus could go to lead, I know none are ideal but it's easy 

12 minutes ago, dando said:

Axl would carry on, There's easy options for him... Fans opinions dont matter at all, he's Finck, Ashba, even fortus could go to lead, I know none are ideal but it's easy 

Fans opinions matter, if he doesn't get asses in seats. And now he knows he has Slash carrying the biggest load of the show. He has Duff carrying another load of the show. It's not all him. With all the clowns back in the band, it's back to all focus on him and him having to carry the show, with a voice that gets worse instead of better. And I do not believe that he would be content going from playing in stadiums back to playing in front of a couple of hundreds in theaters.

14 minutes ago, dando said:

It's all hypothetical but, If he left again, Duff is still around.. Axl would still fill arena's definitely in Europe, no idea about the U.S having only been to one there, Slash & Myles wouldn't fill the arena's that Guns minus slash would... Lets hope he stays, absolutely nothing suggests he's off

Axl wasn't filling arenas anymore in Europe in 2012. He had good sized crowds, but far from being close to sold out. By now everyone and their mama had the chance to see the real deal. A bucket list item. Why settle for Axl and the aliens?

Edited by PatrickS77
  • Like 3

31 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

I think Slash leaving again would be hugely damaging to GNR as a brand. It'd set GNR back to a worse footing than 2014 but I think Axl would keep chugging along even if only for financial reasons.

Except, finanically he doesn't need to. He is better off than ever. Set for this life and the next one. Financially there is absolutely no reason for him to carry on.

There is no way Slash leaves. Why would he? He gets to play his old hits and travel the world while raking in the dough. In between, he creates new music and tours with his friends in SMKC. He's got it made.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Fans opinions matter, if he doesn't get asses in seats. And now he knows he has Slash carrying the biggest load of the show. He has Duff carrying another load of the show. It's not all him. With all the clowns back in the band, it's back to all focus on him and him having to carry the show, with a voice that gets worse instead of better. And I do not believe that he would be content going from playing in stadiums back to playing in front of a couple of hundreds in theaters.

Axl wasn't filling arenas anymore in Europe in 2012. He had good sized crowds, but far from being close to sold out. By now everyone and their mama had the chance to see the real deal. A bucket list item. Why settle for Axl and the aliens?

Get ready for being told how he did sell out and how the Arenas were packed.......

Just now, DTV88 said:

There is no way Slash leaves. Why would he? He gets to play his old hits and travel the world while raking in the dough. In between, he creates new music and tours with his friends in SMKC. He's got it made.

I'm of this view for sure. He's got a sweet deal, as long as he doesn't rock the boat......which he isn't! 

12 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Except, finanically he doesn't need to. He is better off than ever. Set for this life and the next one. Financially there is absolutely no reason for him to carry on.

completely alright with u. All the big 3 have enought money to 3 more life !!! 

10 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Didn't know you were his accountant. 

9 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Get ready for being told how he did sell out and how the Arenas were packed.......

I'm of this view for sure. He's got a sweet deal, as long as he doesn't rock the boat......which he isn't! 

Yeah. It's that poster again. ;)

Slash would be stupid to fuck that up. He's having the best of both worlds right now, after seeing strangers ride his legacy for 2 decades.

1 minute ago, GNR_RNR said:

The band get a fraction of that. 

None of them will be hard up in any capacity but that's been true since the 80's.

Not if you listened to Axl and Duff, who claim their previous mega tour lost them money and touring with Nu-Guns in part was to get out of debt. And even a fraction of 500 mio. divided by 3 is a high 2 digit fraction.

1 hour ago, TheDemocracyRose said:

They will end this together...

That's for sure.. The question is: Will they tell us when the band ends or will they just stop doing anything and don't communicate their retirement? 

58 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

So 2012, Belfast, Dublin, Manchester, Birmingham and Barcelona that i went to... All near enough sold out, none of these we're poorly attended.. People turned out... Everyone's banging on like Slash has left.. Where's the dumb idea come from anyway?  

• Like 1