NITL live videos on youtube

57 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

Just because you didn't saw SMKC in a big arena it doesn't mean they didn't played them.

Stop spreading lies

I know the size of the place i saw Slash in... And it was probably 8 times smaller than the Arena... FACT... Myles & Slash have no pull at all for me, small band, unknown dreary songs from a terrible frontman... Gnr of 2006 / 10 / 12 always outsold slash in numbers through the door at a gig 

1 hour ago, Free Bird said:

Just because you didn't saw SMKC in a big arena it doesn't mean they didn't played them.

Stop spreading lies

Exactly. They both played the same arena in Basel, Switzerland, 3 years apart, and both were not sold out.

Just now, dando said:

I know the size of the place i saw Slash in... And it was probably 8 times smaller than the Arena... FACT... Myles & Slash have no pull at all for me, small band, unknown dreary songs from a terrible frontman... Gnr of 2006 / 10 / 12 always outsold slash in numbers through the door at a gig 

Yes. You don't give a shit about them. That much is clear by now. That permeats and influences all your mentionings and opinions about them. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Exactly. They both played the same arena in Basel, Switzerland, 3 years apart, and both were not sold out.

Yes. You don't give a shit about them. That much is clear by now. That permeats and influences all your mentionings and opinions about them. 

One gig in Switzerland or a full UK tour, probably 5/6 nights or so with pretty much sold out arena's are 2 different things... Go to a myles forum then if their the big band.. The band aren't bad, the frontman is... Weak as piss 

10 minutes ago, dando said:

Never denied that. I saw them in a club with other 2499 people. That doesn't change the fact that they played big packt arenas in Europe as example on Poland.

1 minute ago, Free Bird said:

Never denied that. I saw them in a club with other 2499 people. That doesn't change the fact that they played big packt arenas in Europe as example on Poland.

The point im trying to make is filling one arena per country in mainland Europe isn't hard.. Usually one show per country, the 2010/12 GNR lineup played a tour if 5/6 shows in the UK,Not one gig... Pretty much sold out arena's... Apart from one argumentative weird Austrian know it all... That cant be denied 

Filling one arena per country isn't hard, filling several on a tour in one country is more of a deal 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dando said:

The point im trying to make is filling one arena per country in mainland Europe isn't hard.. Usually one show per country, the 2010/12 GNR lineup played a tour if 5/6 shows in the UK,Not one gig... Pretty much sold out arena's... Apart from one argumentative weird Austrian know it all... That cant be denied 

Filling one arena per country isn't hard, filling several on a tour in one country is more of a deal 

Whatever, psychic loser.

11 minutes ago, dando said:

That's not what you were saying. Besides, no... GNR 2010/12 didn't sell out anything.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

That's not what you were saying. Besides, no... GNR 2010/12 didn't sell out anything.

Very far from it. Every show on the UK tour tickets were made available free through a 'seat filling' company....and it was still noticeably empty. They simply weren't a draw at this stage, to anyone. A shame, as I thought the show was great. But to say they were doing well commercially is madness and simply untrue. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Free Bird said:

They actually had quite few sell out shows, but only in certain markets/cities.

1 hour ago, dando said:

FWIW SMCK tended to do lengthy UK tours as well (and in Europe too).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_on_Fire_World_Tour

You can look back at the dates they played on wikipedia (no attendance though).

SMCK in 2014 (though in 2019 their Europe tour played slightly smaller venues).

I'd say SMCK were roughly equal in draw to Nu-GNR (but Nu-GNR was a noticable step bigger, brand recognition and all that).

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

Very far from it. Every show on the UK tour tickets were made available free through a 'seat filling' company....and it was still noticeably empty. They simply weren't a draw at this stage, to anyone. A shame, as I thought the show was great. But to say they were doing well commercially is madness and simply untrue. 

Nu-GNR obviously weren't a draw to the same level as they are now but especially 2006-2012 they acted as a pretty successful arena touring act (in some markets).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_Democracy_Tour

2012 saw them decline a bit in sales but they toured extensively so makes sense.

Edited by GNR_RNR

2 hours ago, Free Bird said:

Yes they did, you attended the shows did you, or worked at any of them... No, sat at home saying shit u cant back up

Manchester, Birmingham, london TWICE Belfast & Dublin... All sold out.. I was there, plus have a look on wiki... The words SOLD OUT appear a lot at uk shows 

2 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

Whatever, psychic loser.

Hiya pal... Still obsessed are u

Edited by dando
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, dando said:

Manchester, Birmingham, london TWICE Belfast & Dublin... All sold out.. I was there, plus have a look on wiki... The words SOLD OUT appear a lot at uk shows 

Right. Anyone not submitting to your shit is "obsessed". 

As for Wikipedia. Wouldn't be surprised if you were the one who wrote Sold out there.

9 hours ago, dando said:

Yes they did, you attended the shows did you, or worked at any of them... No, sat at home saying shit u cant back up

You don't have to tell me which shows I have attended. They were definitely not sold out. Seems like you are butthurt about something but I really don't care tbh. I believe you wouldn't even notice the closed sections if you're standing next to them.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

GNR did sell out shows in 2001-2014 end of discussion. Axl was playing to more people and bigger arenas then Slash ever did.

I don't think anyone said they never did, but it's a fact that audiences were getting smaller.

39 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

GNR did sell out shows in 2001-2014 end of discussion. Axl was playing to more people and bigger arenas then Slash ever did.

outside the US, yes,the New GNR 2011 Groupon Tour was a failure (5 years after the last US tour)

but  by 2012 they were playing the same venues ( US) with Slash playing  every 2 years or so, New GNR never had a tour as big as Velvet Revolver  2007 Summer Tour playing Amphitheatres(US only ),

New GNR played a total of  330 shows (13 years)

VR played 295 (4 years)

Slash Band is playing in bigger venues after every release.

Edited by felixGNR
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

They were still selling out stadiums in 2010, at least in South America.

Here in Argentina they sold out in 2010 in Velez Sarsfield stadium cause it was the first time Axl came back here...by 2014 they were playin at Ferro Carril’s stadium which is small and it was 60% full

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Alejandro GNR said:

Here in Argentina they sold out in 2010 in Velez Sarsfield stadium cause it was the first time Axl came back here...by 2014 they were playin at Ferro Carril’s stadium which is small and it was 60% full

El show de Ferro fue un papelon. Regalaron entradas por todos lados, y había hasta groupones de 2x1

Argentina 2014 had very poor sales, on the weeks prior to the show Almost every radio station was giving tickets away. Not even duff could save those sales. But the 2010 show was sold out and 2011 (same venue they played in 2017) was at least 80% sold 

12 minutes ago, alangarcianr said:

El show de Ferro fue un papelon. Regalaron entradas por todos lados, y había hasta groupones de 2x1

Argentina 2014 had very poor sales, on the weeks prior to the show Almost every radio station was giving tickets away. Not even duff could save those sales. But the 2010 show was sold out and 2011 (same venue they played in 2017) was at least 80% sold 

Cuando tocaron en el 2011 en el Estadio Unico en La Plata estaba lleno, si mal no recuerdo!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Conejote said:

Cuando tocaron en el 2011 en el Estadio Unico en La Plata estaba lleno, si mal no recuerdo!

In 2011, they played in Orfeo (Cordoba), Metropolitano de Rosario and La Plata. 10.000 people the first two shows, La Plata almost full

In Ferro 2014, it was an expensive show. That was one of the reason of the poor ticket sales.

In La Plata 2017, was too expensive. 130usd General Admission, 220usd VIP, 320usd "Preferencial". That's a fuckin ton of money for our shitty economy.

In River Plate 2016, VIP was 150usd. 

4 hours ago, felixGNR said:

outside the US, yes,the New GNR 2011 Groupon Tour was a failure (5 years after the last US tour)

but  by 2012 they were playing the same venues ( US) with Slash playing  every 2 years or so, New GNR never had a tour as big as Velvet Revolver  2007 Summer Tour playing Amphitheatres(US only ),

New GNR played a total of  330 shows (13 years)

VR played 295 (4 years)

Slash Band is playing in bigger venues after every release.

Slash is playing in bigger venues every new tour, here in Argentina 5 shows: Mendoza, Cordoba, Rosario and 2 in Buenos Aires. (killer shows, specially Teatro Rivadavia)

Edited by feli1269
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

They were still selling out stadiums in 2010, at least in South America.

That's possible, mabe they sold out something in Europe too, I don't know. I was reacting to the guy who basically said they sold out every show in Europe and SMKC were just playing small venues just because he haven't seen them in arenas. That's pure trolling. Of course Guns N Roses, with the weight of this brand and name, pulled more people to the shows than SMKC. But SMKC did well on its own and  getting bigger from record to record while GNR were doing worse from tour to tour.

Even after GNR reunited and Slash booked smaller venues for SMKC they started to co headline festivals or being the headliner on smaller stages. 

Without the reunion and with some more GNR songs in their setlist they would have reached 2014 GNR level by now easily and had probably passed them considering SMKC would have 2 more records in their catalogue in 2020 without the reunion than they have now.

Edited by Free Bird
  • Like 3

On 21.7.2020 at 4:31 PM, PatrickS77 said:

Well, the one arena I saw in Basel in 2012, the upper level was quite empty. Mönchengladbach didn't fare much better, I was told. And the Oslo show I saw in 2010 also wasn't close to a sell out.

Yeah. The albums saved them back in the day.

Tickets for Mönchengladbach have been on sale for about 10€ because of low ticket sales and the show still wasn’t sold out. 

• Like 1