NITL live videos on youtube

3 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Yeah man, I was pleasantly surprised with the fan youtube vids when they palyed it.  I thought it was pretty good for this lineup with the potential to get even better with practice..  On the vocal effects, they definately didn't get it right! lol What the hell was that? They made him sound worse lol.. Who the hell is mixing this shit???  Just pump up the crowd noise or something...

probably why it hasn't been on youtube yet hahaha

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

What in the fuck was that?? Seriosuly.. That effect on Axl's voice was terrible. There was no way he used that duirng the actual show.. We all watched the fan recordings and didn't hear that shit.. Jesus.. Then Fortus is twice as loud as fucking Slash,.. This is such a Slash guitar song, I hardly want to hear Fortus at all nevermind that much louder than Slash. He doesn't capture the groove anyway.. 

Locomotive is an amazing song. It is cool that played it and chose to release it but atleast make it sound good. I don't even care if they doctor the shit up with overdubs at this point..  They aren't that great of a live band anymore as it is and they somehow manage to release a pro shot video that makes them sound worse than they already do... 

Just dig into the archives and remaster some shit from the classic lineups for us.. enough with this NITL crap.. wtf... 

The mix is so bad that I doubt they added any effects after the show. Axl used a similar effect back in 2010 and it wasn't noticeable during the shows but it's pretty obvious on the San Juan pro-shot. The thing that really annoys me is the album vocals in the background.

But yea... Locomotive is really a "Slash song" and he's way too low in the mix. Frank was alright but this song really needs a cracking snare sound and Franks kit just doesn't sound great.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Yeah man, I was pleasantly surprised with the fan youtube vids when they palyed it.  I thought it was pretty good for this lineup with the potential to get even better with practice..  On the vocal effects, they definately didn't get it right! lol What the hell was that? They made him sound worse lol.. Who the hell is mixing this shit???  Just pump up the crowd noise or something...

Regarding tge crowd noise is this from the show where the original fan video that was captured, had an annoying screaming chick down the front?.

4 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

It's cool that they actually released a Locomotive proshot, but yea it sounds bad. The mix is poor, and that phaser effect (or whatever it is) on the vocals is distracting, in a bad way. It's not the first time he's used that effect (see Rocket Queen on the San Juan 2010 show) but it's just a weird choice.

I don't know why Axl doesn't use his low/talking voice for the whole song, and have Melissa do the high vocals. It would sound so much better for them to harmonize throughout the song than for Axl to be switching back and forth.

2 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

What in the fuck was that?? Seriosuly.. That effect on Axl's voice was terrible. There was no way he used that duirng the actual show.. We all watched the fan recordings and didn't hear that shit.. Jesus.. Then Fortus is twice as loud as fucking Slash,.. This is such a Slash guitar song, I hardly want to hear Fortus at all nevermind that much louder than Slash. He doesn't capture the groove anyway.. 

Locomotive is an amazing song. It is cool that played it and chose to release it but atleast make it sound good. I don't even care if they doctor the shit up with overdubs at this point..  They aren't that great of a live band anymore as it is and they somehow manage to release a pro shot video that makes them sound worse than they already do... 

Just dig into the archives and remaster some shit from the classic lineups for us.. enough with this NITL crap.. wtf... 

I agree with both of you. Why is Fortus so much louder and why can't Fernando etc do anything right :facepalm: These guys are really good at messing everything up.

Honestly that fan video was so much better than this. At least in that one we can hear Slash properly. And yeah Axl is by far the weakest part of this band, which is such a huge opposite to Slash who kills it on this song. You can tell who actually practiced and prepared and actually cares about their presentation.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, El Guapo said:

Sounds like shit. Vocals are karaoke level bad, sound quality sucks as usual with the "selects" and what the fuck is Frank doing at the end? You can just hear they didn't really rehearse it as a band. It sucks and that's the truth.

Exactly what I wanted to say. That's one of the very best Sorum drumming in this outro but Frank just doesn't click with the band

• Like 2

8 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

Fernando has confirmed on Reddit earlier today that he has the next Selects ready for review! So we should hopefully get that sooner rather than later! Hope it’s as good as the last one. 👍

You posted that now in at least 3 threads:facepalm:, and now go and have a listen to the locomotiv upload. If THIS (the horrible mixing and the voice effects) is what Fernando does "by reviewing" the videos, congrats, tell him to stop it. 

Edited by EricA

38 minutes ago, EricA said:

You posted that now in at least 3 threads:facepalm:, and now go and have a listen to the locomotiv upload. If THIS (the horrible mixing and the voice effects) is what Fernando does "by reviewing" the videos, congrats, tell him to stop it. 

It’s so damned dead around here at the minute I just wanted to share that on any thread where there was any chat. 🤷🏼‍♂️

6 hours ago, NachoLZ said:

At the timestamp I left the video, you can see the Dodger Stadium 2016 proshot that was created with a real film crew...

oh please... they shoud release it on Blu Ray! It was professionell filmed(!) GOD DAMN IT

• Like 1

This stuff obviously wasn’t mixed for release and pulled straight from the source. What works live in a building often doesn’t translate elsewhere. At a certain point it’s not releasable for even a passing YouTube upload. It needs to be edited and remixed (if they even have multi tracks ) 

• Like 1

I realise its 1986-1993 is where I get my enjoyment of Guns from (and I wasnt around shucks) , Axl's voice on the later stuff can just be embarrassing, why does he do it or does he just not care, I dont get it and starting to find it all a bit sad, although their bank accounts must be happy.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, DurhamGirl said:

I realise its 1986-1993 is where I get my enjoyment of Guns from (and I wasnt around shucks) , Axl's voice on the later stuff can just be embarrassing, why does he do it or does he just not care, I dont get it and starting to find it all a bit sad, although their bank accounts must be happy.

Yeah the older stuff is definitely better.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

In Richards defense he nailed the rhythm guitar, I had the same issue too and I relistened again today and there comes a point when midway through the guitars switch levels and slash is bumped up in the mix. I've been critical of franks drumming in the past, but this was probably one of his stronger songs. The outro was a bit rough for him and he lacks the chops that Sorum had on this track but I was pleasantly surprised again with how he did on this. In terms of Axl's vocals that enhancer/effect on his voice was quite a poor choice

I was going on mygnr to see if there were some news (i know, i have too much hope) and i read that a new video has just been posted. A live version of locomotive, way tooo coool ! and after that, i saw the video.
1) It's probably the worst perf of Axl on this song. I really enjoyed some other recent performances and i think he can do it well but not really this time. The Exit 111 version was better (no effects on axl voice !)
2) All of you said it : Richard's guitar is way too loud !!
3) During the corus we can clearly hear the original Axl part from the album in the background. I just check it, that was also the case during the show (it's not added for the video)
4) Ok Axl have an effect on his voice but it's close to the album (it's probably the thing that i like the least in that song).

So after all, thank you because it's a awesome song and the video editing is cool, but as always, there're some stranges aspects.
They listened fans by chosing locomotive.
Not too bad :-)

Edited by 42è BCP

4 hours ago, DurhamGirl said:

Even the songs in a range that he is totally capable of he doesn't perform that great... sucks

19 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

That's a pretty close replication of the  vocal effect in the studio version... the actual vocal was just shite though. Started off so, so and by the 2nd verse it was a pure nose dive. Band was fairly good though, bit again they mixed it so weird, usually you can't hear Richard but this time all you can hear is Richard. This fucking band😅

Edit - theres really no other way to look at it, Richard nailed this song playing exactly to the record or close enough that I can't tell the difference.

Edited by Tom2112
  • Like 1