NITL live videos on youtube

9 hours ago, Sweersa said:

I know this would never happen, but it would be amazing if they put out some proper 2002, 2006, 2010, 2011, 2012 etc. pro shots. 

2012? We have AfD, and we have London 2012. That's more than enough for that not-so-good year imo... 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

Wasn’t that terrible. I’m glad we have something.

Never going to happen. Ever. 

Why?

Kiss released Kisstory covering all eras, Blacj Sabbath released a few live albums, Deep Purple have endless live stuff from all eras (good or bad)... why ignore something that happened. This is what I don't understand with Guns. You can't hide history. I'd love a 2002 and 2006 Live Era. Fabulous line ups, and in form Axl.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ToonGuns said:

Why?

Kiss released Kisstory covering all eras, Blacj Sabbath released a few live albums, Deep Purple have endless live stuff from all eras (good or bad)... why ignore something that happened. This is what I don't understand with Guns. You can't hide history. I'd love a 2002 and 2006 Live Era. Fabulous line ups, and in form Axl.

I'd agree with one exception: I don't think "2002" and "in form Axl" should be together in one sentence. He was weird, man. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jamillos said:

I'd agree with one exception: I don't think "2002" and "in form Axl" should be together in one sentence. He was weird, man. 

In a good way though. I thought 2002 was incredible. The band was as it should be- fired up, surreal, angry and with a point to prove. Arguably the best time I've ever seen them. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, allwaystired said:

In a good way though. I thought 2002 was incredible. The band was as it should be- fired up, surreal, angry and with a point to prove. Arguably the best time I've ever seen them. 

Oh I would have definitely wanted to see them live, which I didn't, but speaking purely about Axl's form (starting with NuGNR), it would be different years for me - 2006/07, 2009/10, 2016 and perhaps partially 2017, with 2001 not being bad either. The other years... I mean, 2002 was the first year he introduced the full helium, and while listening to it today and comparing it with say 2018, it was kinda better, it still was sub par in general. Not to mention he looked weird too (and I don't mean the clothes), but that's a different story. But original, unprecedented in terms of GNR? Definitely yes. 

1 minute ago, jamillos said:

Oh I would have definitely wanted to see them live, which I didn't, but speaking purely about Axl's form (starting with NuGNR), it would be different years for me - 2006/07, 2009/10, 2016 and perhaps partially 2017, with 2001 not being bad either. The other years... I mean, 2002 was the first year he introduced the full helium, and while listening to it today and comparing it with say 2018, it was kinda better, it still was sub par in general. Not to mention he looked weird too (and I don't mean the clothes), but that's a different story. But original, unprecedented in terms of GNR? Definitely yes. 

Which things were you listening to? I remember him being fantastic vocally at that point (2002), with 2006 being the best he's been since the 80s/90s by far. There's just no comparison with that year in terms of his performance. I can't see there ever will be again. 

30 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Which things were you listening to? I remember him being fantastic vocally at that point (2002), with 2006 being the best he's been since the 80s/90s by far. There's just no comparison with that year in terms of his performance. I can't see there ever will be again. 

I think I've heard (and definitely seen) everything from that era that was in a quality worth listening to. I guess this is where I disagree with some, but 2002 and 2006 are two years that are absolutely incomparable with each other. 2006 was the return of the good old Axl, and along with 2010 (and 2016 at least concerning AC/DC), his best years since the old era. 2002 was interesting... but bizarre, and the mickey was strong in that one. 

15 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Edited by jamillos

5 minutes ago, jamillos said:

I think I've heard (and definitely seen) everything from that era that was in a quality worth listening to. I guess this is where I disagree with some, but 2002 and 2006 are two years that are absolutely incomparable with each other. 2006 was the return of the good old Axl, and along with 2010 (and 2016 at least concerning AC/DC), his best years since the old era. 2002 was interesting... but bizarre, and the mickey was strong in that one. 

Interesting. I haven't listened to much from 2002 in ages to be honest (my GNR listening is fairly limited in general these days as there's only so often I can listen to the same limited amount of songs again and again) so perhaps I should go back and review. What's a good point to go to? (Help me out here - I can't actually remember what's out there other than HOB, which was 2001 and the awards show......so there might be things I have't heard.) 

Edited by allwaystired

2 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Interesting. I haven't listened to much from 2002 in ages to be honest (my GNR listening is fairly limited in general these days as there's only so often I can listen to the same limited amount of songs again and again) so perhaps I should go back and review. What's a good point to go to? (Help me out here - I can't actually remember what's out there other than HOB, which was 2001 and the awards show......so there might be things I have't heard.) 

I don't really have any favourites from that year to be honest. Just any soundboards or fan shots you have. Boston, Columbus, Leeds, Pukkelpop... The thing is, his form was pretty consistent that year. Worse than other years, but consistent, I have to give him that. It didn't really differ gig to gig, unlike during NITL. 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, TOS--LOA said:

Ugghh I hate to be negative all the time, and I applaud the band for playing the song and management for putting it out... But I would be fired if I submitted this mix to even my lowliest clients. I mean Jesus what kind of rank amateurs are involved with this and what kind of narcissism is at play where they think that the bare minimum they do is always good enough? 

Exactly my thoughts, I really still want them to do something cool, anything. But it's all shit! :D

They just don't care at all, that's the only explanation. :/

Edited by El Guapo
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1