NITL live videos on youtube

3 hours ago, TOS--LOA said:

Ugghh I hate to be negative all the time, and I applaud the band for playing the song and management for putting it out... But I would be fired if I submitted this mix to even my lowliest clients. I mean Jesus what kind of rank amateurs are involved with this and what kind of narcissism is at play where they think that the bare minimum they do is always good enough? 

@Fernando

1 hour ago, ToonGuns said:

They would make more money though?! It just needs intelligent management and marketing.

The general public could care less about the former lineup. How well did the Vegas HOB show sell with the 2014 lineup? The money is with Axl and Slash. That’s all the band cares about. That’s all “management” cares about as well. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

The general public could care less about the former lineup. How well did the Vegas HOB show sell with the 2014 lineup? The money is with Axl and Slash. That’s all the band cares about. That’s all “management” cares about as well. 

Yes. But they can do both. Release historic stuff from any era while continuing in whatever format they want.

And I know I'm in the minority compared to the general public, but I'd throw more money at 2002 / 2006 stuff than I would the current mishmash line up (yes Slash is back but Axl is in worse form, Fortus poses his way around gigs, and Frank is bland).

17 hours ago, Sweersa said:

You're probably right :(

Unless, the current lineup breaks up (again)

2011 Chicago was an amazing show.

Ah there was some scattered good shows, but overall that was not a great year vocally. Must check out that show that though! besides the hogan ears guy I loved that era so much!

4 hours ago, TOS--LOA said:

Ugghh I hate to be negative all the time, and I applaud the band for playing the song and management for putting it out... But I would be fired if I submitted this mix to even my lowliest clients. I mean Jesus what kind of rank amateurs are involved with this and what kind of narcissism is at play where they think that the bare minimum they do is always good enough? 

100% agree. 

The bare minimum is enough though, most people watch videos with atrocious mixes and it's like we're hearing two different things! I call that mix garbage, others would say "This ROCKS!!!🤯 Come back to *Enter specific country* GNFNR are still the best RNFNR😍😍😍". Anybody with working ears should be able to hear that A) Axl sounds very poor B) the mix is dogshit.

I commend them for releasing something hardcore fans REALLY wanted to hear! and I commend them playing it in the first place, but as I said weeks/months ago when the idea of them releasing this song in a selects came up "They won't release it, Axl sounded way off" I was wrong🤣 The quality control is not there obviously! You truly have to wonder how these selects are chosen. I'm guessing it's a blindfold job - pull a piece of paper out of a hat, at random, then mix the track with all channels muted and then press upload.

1 hour ago, ToonGuns said:

Yes. But they can do both. Release historic stuff from any era while continuing in whatever format they want.

And I know I'm in the minority compared to the general public, but I'd throw more money at 2002 / 2006 stuff than I would the current mishmash line up (yes Slash is back but Axl is in worse form, Fortus poses his way around gigs, and Frank is bland).

Exactly - with live stuff they don’t really need to do too much with all the material we KNOW they have in the can.

Having a 2006 official release for example won’t affect any NITL official release - the casuals will flock to the NITL and the hardcore will go for both. As long as they don’t mass produce something daft like 10m copies of the 2006 gig then there is money to be made and keeps the fans happy.

A band of GNRs heritage SHOULD have a wealth of live releases showcasing the full history of the band. @FRANSAD said something recently which makes it all the more odd the reluctance to have more available - TB/GNR/UG seem ok with bootleg companies milking the life out of stuff like Ritz 88 or RIR 17 and depriving themselves of A) money and B) a bigger official discography but are happy to go after folk who share videos online for free?! Makes no sense. Anyway, it’s thanks to Fransad that we have the cool stuff we do.

I digress - we know the material is there in the vault and literally minimum effort would be needed to get it ship-shape for release (although I’d hope for the due care and attention the material deserves) and watch the money roll in....and fans rejoice.

Edited by DTJ80

15 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

You truly have to wonder how these selects are chosen. I'm guessing it's a blindfold job - pull a piece of paper out of a hat, at random, then mix the track with all channels muted and then press upload.

This.
I mean... what the F.
Is it F?
It probably is F.
Pure incompetence written all over it. 
Gotta be F. 

Edited by jamillos

The footage used for the locomotive video is so much better than previous ones. Interesting that they used the first performance from 2019 as the subsequent times they played it were definitely better (same for dead horse). Hopefully we get Dead Horse too. 

• Like 1

I cannot imagine involving myself in a project I was bored with and all pride in the end product null and void.  This is what has happened with Guns, they are all simply bored and so lost interest in what was once a great project thirty years ago.  Its money, pure and simple.

As a consequence are we going to get anything from them, I suspect not, I think a couple of years touring then they will exit the Guns n Roses stage to enter no more.

• Like 1

The band don't care, I doubt they're even aware the vids are being made and put online until they're up. We know Team Brazil is incompetent (that's being generous) and there's no pride in any work they do. We know Axl doesn't give a shit about fans and that the fan base have confused laziness for axl being a tinkerer who only wants to release the absolute best product.

In 2006 he gave an interview in which he said about CD 'You'll like at least a few songs on there' sure it may have been said in jest, but anyone who thinks he takes the ultimate pride in his work is crazy. He hasnt kept in shape for 10 years. His live vocals for the most part since 2011 have been terrible, and yet some people believe he is working his ass off making the perfect record!? I've been past his house in Malibu. If I lived there I would do fuck all to, he's already living the dream and when it comes to new music, he has zero motivation and is lazy. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, DurhamGirl said:

I cannot imagine involving myself in a project I was bored with and all pride in the end product null and void.  This is what has happened with Guns, they are all simply bored and so lost interest in what was once a great project thirty years ago.  Its money, pure and simple.

As a consequence are we going to get anything from them, I suspect not, I think a couple of years touring then they will exit the Guns n Roses stage to enter no more.

Thing is - if they were so ‘money obsessed’ then why are they not milking all the pro-shots/recordings to gather as much money as they can whist touring is off the cards??

That’s why I can’t see it’s ALL money related....if they were only driven by cash then they would have just hired some folk to mix/edit every pro-shot they have and released hem to watch the money roll in (if only).

The band wouldn’t need to do anything apart from give a final review and sign off.

• Like 1

I think its money. But 'money' is also a touchstone for broader things, I suspect. Managing money and building wealth for the generations to come is also adulting. Something these dudes didnt seem to get into until more recent years :lol:. Like, I mean, Guns fucked up so badly back in the day. I think they are looking to make up lost money. But also repair their sense of selves.

When Guns fell apart, Metallica went on as professionals and productive artists. Made Guns look like ineffectual little bishes. Biggest losers on the world stage.

I think part of the reunion is about trying to tend to and protect what theyve managed to piece back together? Just running the brand in a successful way is a healing and identity-affirming act.

So while they are money grubbing businessmen for sure, I think that the satisfaction of running the enterprise in a slightly more mature manner is also a motivating factor. Its redemption. Money is just the way of measuring it.

And in the looney tunes world of Guns, simply pulling off a tour with out a hitch is the obvious first baby step. And Guns are no more immune to the tides of late capitalism then the rest of the bands, hence trinkets along the way.

(This is an incomplete thought, that doesnt factor in why if being professional matters, then whats up with employing Fernando, etc. But I think that the answer to that is 'Axl is a unique fella.' But I think theres something in what Im saying to be fleshed out as maybe being one factor - of many - for why things are going this way. Maybe. I dunno?)

• Like 1

On 10/9/2020 at 5:35 PM, Tom2112 said:

I call that mix garbage, others would say "This ROCKS!!!🤯 Come back to *Enter specific country* GNFNR are still the best RNFNR😍😍😍". 

Haha- that's so, so accurate as to the sort of thing people say on social media! 

One of many reasons I hate that sort of shit. If it's not trolling it's hyperbolic sycophants. Neither are conducive to sanity! 

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, DurhamGirl said:

Mmmmm you have a point, all confusing...

It still doesn’t explain why they don’t release all the stuff they have recorded - utterly bizarre and it really makes me think it’s something to do with ‘record label politics’....just a guess though.

I wish they WERE completely motivated by money to the point they released everything - we’d love that!!!

• Like 2

On 10/9/2020 at 8:10 AM, TOS--LOA said:

Just to put my money where my my mouth is. Here's my mix. Mods delete this if it's against the rules. 

https://we.tl/t-ddTHJ4UUYE?src=dnl

If I could have a proshot from the earlier version of this band I'd love to see Nightrain and paradise city from Hellfest. It was odd as his voice was good for the 1st part of nightrain, but he came out like a demon for the 2nd half of that song and his mood totally shifted. He carried on with that demon voice in paradise city the whole way through. It was one of the only times he really out all out in that period between 11-14 and I feel like he couldn't give anymore if even wanted to.

Maybe the reason could be that they're taking younger, new fans into consideration. And if they released something from the 90s with Axl's chainsaw powerful vocals, they might be afraid that these young fans could get confused when hearing today's Axl live.
Maybe not, I don't know. Could be money, but that doesn't make sense, they can buy anything off. 

On 10/9/2020 at 8:02 AM, StayofExecution2020 said:

Nobody wants to see DJ Assba and Piss Shitman.

I'd love to see something from that release with a great raw mix... I don't want to see either of those guys, but I'll live with it if Axls voice is on.

Part of me is starting to think NITL was documented like the ‘93 tour, where all the audio was just mixed down after the show & saved to tape. Sounds insane in the modern age but it would explain why the mix is so bad on every select except Donnington, which was produced by the download festival.

23 minutes ago, t-p-d-a said:

What's up now? Didn't Fernando ask what we want to see next? Or it's paused because of respect? Sooner than soon?

He said he had the next batch ready to review about a week ago so I suppose it should be ‘soon’....I’d hoped they would have shown up by now!

• Thanks 1

On 10/17/2020 at 11:39 AM, DTJ80 said:

He said he had the next batch ready to review about a week ago so I suppose it should be ‘soon’....I’d hoped they would have shown up by now!

He reviews this stuff? And it still comes out?😲 wow! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3