NITL live videos on youtube

5 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

He reviews this stuff? And it still comes out?😲 wow! 

That’s what he said....😂

On a more serious note...I’m more and more convinced that the Selects aren’t ‘top tier/super quality’ because there are fans within the community who could take them and make a sweet NITL package rendering any official release worthless (or at the very least hamper/impact sales). Which is a shame as MetallicA have pristine quality on both YouTube and Official releases.

11 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

That’s what he said....😂

On a more serious note...I’m more and more convinced that the Selects aren’t ‘top tier/super quality’ because there are fans within the community who could take them and make a sweet NITL package rendering any official release worthless (or at the very least hamper/impact sales). Which is a shame as MetallicA have pristine quality on both YouTube and Official releases.

Gnr actively self-sabotage, but it isn't conscious. This is a really poorly run, lazy band that accepts 'good enough' as 'as good as it gets'.

• Like 3

I had a brief positive thought about these selects and why they for the most part suck.  Maybe they are reviewing footage for a Blu Ray/Streaming release and are releasing these for the fans but are saving the best pefformances for a release.. Decent thought anyway, but this modern day Gn'R so I doubt it..

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I had a brief positive thought about these selects and why they for the most part suck.  Maybe they are reviewing footage for a Blu Ray/Streaming release and are releasing these for the fans but are saving the best pefformances for a release.. Decent thought anyway, but this modern day Gn'R so I doubt it..

That’s my hope as well!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

Funnily enough I said exactly that 4 posts up 😂. So yeah - I agree with your thoughts....why post awesome quality video and potentially harm sales of an official release?

Edited by DTJ80
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

They released that Nuguns dvd, i don't think quality control is something they've ever heard of

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

But if they release a bunch of shoddy live selects then nobody in their right mind would say "can't wait for the bluray". They should build anticipation by releasing good quality performances and recordings. But this is modern gnr...

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

They released that Nuguns dvd, i don't think quality control is something they've ever heard of

Someone suggested that was only released as part of the tour/legal agreement with former management (name escapes me). So it was likely put out against Axls wishes and may explain why he isn’t even interviewed on it.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

Someone suggested that was only released as part of the tour/legal agreement with former management (name escapes me). So it was likely put out against Axls wishes and may explain why he isn’t even interviewed on it.

This is true. It was a legal matter with management. Think it was Azoff

If I would hazard a guess I think we'll be getting the Estranged from Philly because I saw a bunch of requests for that and probably Dead Horse although hopefully not the first time they played it where half the band fucked up. Other than I'm not sure although I would love to get the Catcher in the Rye from Boston. I think that's the best they played it. 

As far as the theories that they're purposely putting out low quality stuff, I would say yes and no. Yes they are not putting this audio/video through that expensive final production layer to get that DVD release sheen. But no they are not purposely putting out content with such obvious rookie mistakes as mono audio and unbalanced mixes. 

Just my 2 cents. 

You know, we are probably the most unlucky music fans about. We are crazy for a band who creates awesome music yet has a small discography and takes its time working on stuff.

We scavenge looking for awesome live material from throughout their career and it’s left to the community to source, ‘curate’ and share.

And specifically NITL......how can one of the biggest tours OF ALL TIME still be undocumented? We know for an absolute fact that professional recordings exist from the summer 2016 run where the band as a whole were on fire....but still we wait. And to make matters worse, any good sounding recordings that do surface (IEMs) end up being from when Axls voice was completely shot - again, talk about rotten luck...😂. Why oh why can’t an IEM/soundboard/pro-shot leak from summer 2016......crikey, just for once give us a break!! 😂

I do think we will get a NITL gig officially (eventually)...Fernando has confirmed as much......but like everything else we must wait.

Edited by DTJ80

6 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

You know, we are probably the most unlucky music fans about. We are crazy for a band who creates awesome music yet has a small discography and takes its time working on stuff.

We scavenge looking for awesome live material from throughout their career and it’s left to the community to source, ‘curate’ and share.

And specifically NITL......how can one of the biggest tours OF ALL TIME still be undocumented? We know for an absolute fact that professional recordings exist from the summer 2016 run where the band as a whole were on fire....but still we wait. And to make matters worse, any good sounding recordings that do surface (IEMs) end up being from when Axls voice was completely shot - again, talk about rotten luck...😂. Why oh why can’t an IEM/soundboard/pro-shot leak from summer 2016......crikey, just for once give us a break!! 😂

I do think we will get a NITL gig officially (eventually)...Fernando has confirmed as much......but like everything else we must wait.

I mean we do have some nice IEM's from 2016 from Vegas which are just pure blessing and the San Diego one from 2017 which is also really nice

But yeah, in general, we are unlucky af

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, MJRemastered98 said:

I mean we do have some nice IEM's from 2016 from Vegas which are just pure blessing and the San Diego one from 2017 which is also really nice

But yeah, in general, we are unlucky af

I heared the Vegas one recently (Double Shot) and it was inconsistent vocally (more than expected)....and bongo heavy too...😂. The band weren’t firing totally yet either with it being right at the start of the run. I was quite disappointed with it being a 2016 one.

Need to go back to the San Diego one - not heard it for a long time. I recommend the Japan IEMs from January 2017 as they were pretty good....not too far from the time Axl was on fire but not quite as good as then...there was a break in the tour at that time and it seems he had lost a bit of what he had mid-late 2016.

It’s just damned frustrating when you KNOW they have the good stuff but all we have seen is snippets in the Selects (Houston/Mexico) and they have Dodger recorded and who knows what else. 🤬

Edited by DTJ80