NITL live videos on youtube

56 minutes ago, DurhamGirl said:

I hope to heck youu never went, the famous deserve privacy just as we all do.   Why do you want to do this, is seems a bit out there

Because some people think is wrong I personally think not, and yes it was a silent building, no lights, no dogs nothing, maybe I can do better next time! 

17 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

I can't say I disagree with this, but I think too much criticism if being leveled at Axl, when the whole band just looked like they were going through the motions.

It had the 'another day at the office' feel throughout. I don't think anyone expects them to sound as they did in the 90s, but they looked like they were sleepwalking through this, which is far more of a problem to me than any sound issues. I'm not really one for analyzing the sound quality, the musicianship, the mistakes etc....but I really do want some spirit and energy in my live music. That's absolutely vital. 

I think sheer boredom HAS to come into it really. They simply need to be doing something new or different, for themselves as much as anything. I don't blame them on this - not one of us could carry on doing the same thing night after night and not feel stale. Variety is the spice of life. To me it didn't look like anyone was having much fun up there at all, and I do include Axl in that. 

Oh I agree. It baffles me why they haven’t just messed around with the set at that point, at least partially (doesn’t mean one new cover and one new t-shirt). Or what is it that really makes them do these lengthy inflexible tours, even though they’ve already made so much dough. 
Anyway, the purely musical side is very important to me, and I can therefore never stop asking why “they” (?) choose that which they choose… like this footage. Bizarre. 

10 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Oh I agree. It baffles me why they haven’t just messed around with the set at that point, at least partially (doesn’t mean one new cover and one new t-shirt). Or what is it that really makes them do these lengthy inflexible tours, even though they’ve already made so much dough. 
Anyway, the purely musical side is very important to me, and I can therefore never stop asking why “they” (?) choose that which they choose… like this footage. Bizarre. 

Oh it is bizarre for sure! Don't get me wrong, I pay attention to the music side to.....I'm just more willing to give it a bit of a pass-out if the show brings the goods in other ways. 

Why DO they keep touring? It is very odd. They don't look like they enjoy it much now, so it has to be money. 

23 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Oh it is bizarre for sure! Don't get me wrong, I pay attention to the music side to.....I'm just more willing to give it a bit of a pass-out if the show brings the goods in other ways. 

Why DO they keep touring? It is very odd. They don't look like they enjoy it much now, so it has to be money. 

Even though many things point towards that, I still refuse to believe it. I don’t believe it’s predominantly money. Never have, never will, don’t know why. I guess there’s just too much integrity in the guys, or at least in Axl. Through all the years we’ve been with him, if we learned anything, it was that the guy is not for sale. He’d said it before AfD was released and he kept saying it to all the money assholes throughout the 2000s… and I don’t feel he has or ever will change in this matter. Thankfully. The money thing being as the only – or even main – factor just doesn’t sit right with me. 
But do I have an answer? No. To be honest, I’m starting to be more and more suspicious of the Lebeis family and the whole Team Brazil influence, though. We’ve already had some wonderful experience with their PR skills, but let’s put that aside. However: to what degree goes their influence on Axl’s life? Beta was with Axl in his hardest times, and he’s accepted these people as his family (Merchnando having grown up there…) – which I can bow to and wish them all the best. But should they be basically gold diggers (and things would suggest that), what chances would Slash and Duff have if they wanted to tell Axl, look man, we need at least some additional – professional – people to handle our public affairs? 
And Beta could be the one keeping Ax in that cosy place where he’s just told every day to keep touring the greatest hits so that TB makes more money. It’s like what Merck was allegedly doing, all over again, only from a different side now! 
Or I’m completely wrong. You can read oceans of details and tidbits as a die-hard and yet end up knowing nothing, as per usual in the GN’R world…
Btw, pardon my English; I’m not a native speaker, and I’ve been drinking… :D

Edited by jamillos
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have no idea where this thought came from that it would be all about money for these guys. Because they sell mercandise? Who cares!

Because there's no new music? I think it's pretty obvious that  there won't be new music before they can actually promote the music with a tour. It's their comeback album for crying out loud. It's ridiculous to expect them to release it during a pandemic. We know that they were rehearsing Hard School before the pandemic, so that's a good sign that new music will see the light of day some day.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jamillos said:

Even though many things point towards that, I still refuse to believe it. I don’t believe it’s predominantly money. Never have, never will, don’t know why. I guess there’s just too much integrity in the guys, or at least in Axl. Through all the years we’ve been with him, if we learned anything, it was that the guy is not for sale. He’d said it before AfD was released and he kept saying it to all the money assholes throughout the 2000s… and I don’t feel he has or ever will change in this matter. Thankfully. The money thing being as the only – or even main – factor just doesn’t sit right with me. 
But do I have an answer? No. To be honest, I’m starting to be more and more suspicious of the Lebeis family and the whole Team Brazil influence, though. We’ve already had some wonderful experience with their PR skills, but let’s put that aside. However: to what degree goes their influence on Axl’s life? Beta was with Axl in his hardest times, and he’s accepted these people as his family (Merchnando having grown up there…) – which I can bow to and wish them all the best. But should they be basically gold diggers (and things would suggest that), what chances would Slash and Duff have if they wanted to tell Axl, look man, we need at least some additional – professional – people to handle our public affairs? 
And Beta could be the one keeping Ax in that cosy place where he’s just told every day to keep touring the greatest hits so that TB makes more money. It’s like what Merck was allegedly doing, all over again, only from a different side now! 
Or I’m completely wrong. You can read oceans of details and tidbits as a die-hard and yet end up knowing nothing, as per usual in the GN’R world…
Btw, pardon my English; I’m not a native speaker, and I’ve been drinking… :D

Well... sometimes drink is good for writing.

The problem with this selects or this band touring is THEY WAS SO FUCKIN GOOD IN THEIR PRIME TIME. And Axl and nobody can make what they made in the 80 y 90. 

Nothin more. Im still enjoying the UYI tour. Im not a nostalgic or whatever living on the past but just listen, compare and fix it.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Lies They Tell said:

I have no idea where this thought came from that it would be all about money for these guys. Because they sell mercandise? Who cares!

Because there's no new music? I think it's pretty obvious that  there won't be new music before they can actually promote the music with a tour. It's their comeback album for crying out loud. It's ridiculous to expect them to release it during a pandemic. We know that they were rehearsing Hard School before the pandemic, so that's a good sign that new music will see the light of day some day.

AC/DC put out a comeback album that went straight to number one. But you're right, this would be a ridiculous time to release new music.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, axlvai said:

Well... sometimes drink is good for writing.

The problem with this selects or this band touring is THEY WAS SO FUCKIN GOOD IN THEIR PRIME TIME. And Axl and nobody can make what they made in the 80 y 90. 

Nothin more. Im still enjoying the UYI tour. Im not a nostalgic or whatever living on the past but just listen, compare and fix it.

I’m with ya, but here’s the thing: even if Axl had a double – fuck it, triple – surgery on his vocal cords in order to sound like in AC/DC again, and even if Slash was shown how to stop being sloppy and start sounding like in the heydays again, and probably even if they hired Sorum again… it would never be the same. The reason being (obviously), it’s not the 80s or 90s any more. It could never be the same, look the same, sound the same, and have the same impact. The times have shifted, as we know – so it’s better to enjoy the old bootlegs (god knows we’ll get fuck all from the band) and try to get as many of them as we can in the best quality possible. 
And… people wanting Izzy and Steven back seem pretty much delusional to me. I'd like that – but our teenage years are gone, unfortunately. Now we have to deal with fucking Covid and Trump and oil wars. 
Still, love shall prevail! :D
Cheers. 

2 hours ago, AxlSlashthebest said:

Tyler had an operation that wa filming

Oh yeah - I know. My point was that Tyler had a naturally high speaking voice meaning his singing voice is easier to use - as opposed to Axl who has a deep speaking voice but an ‘unnaturally’ high singing voice which is part of the reason he has different issues to Tyler.

Its funny - on a similar topic, I listened to some recent John Fogerty (Creedence Clearwater Revival) and there is literally no distortion to his voice these days. He had this rasp thing going back in his heyday and the songs sound quite different when clean singing. He is about 15 years older than Axl to be fair.

Edited by DTJ80

12 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

The 16 and 17 shows had some ups and downs but mostly good. When the band started the 18 tour in Europe the wheels started falling off then, and were never consistantly good. Especially berlin.

Then we get to late 2019 with big axl, with the fruitbowl haircut that reminded me of elvis's vegas gigs before the end of his life.

Hearing the LA 17 shows as the last of the shows was a long setlist, and would have been an excellent way to end the tour and work on a new record beginning 2018.

Great post! You're absolutely right. My complaints were more specifically about how they sound as a band. Specifically playing everything too fast, having timing issues, tuning issues, and generally sounding chugging without any of that gnr swing. That's not to mention the obvious of Axl sounding like a caricature at times. And the mixes are doing them no favors. I was always a fan of Caram's work but Jesus dude these Selects are mixed embarrassingly. 

But you're absolutely right. They were still riding the momentum even after a noticeable drop in quality in 2017 and that would have been the perfect time to take a pause and come out with new material. 

• Like 1

omg people so much hate, i see the videos with some good weed and enjoy it a lot!! and i see them like 5 times live, yeah of course the guys are old, so what? they r pretty awesome!!  big fan, big tired of the eternal  touring, but also they r my favorite band ever, and i know i get so extricted some time becouse i see their videos so many times that i become bitchy, so i let myself relax smoke one and enjoy the fucking show and if i want a good old rasp just see the saskatom concert or rio 91 

;) 

btw i have problem to find locomotive, where is it?

38 minutes ago, darkside259 said:

omg people so much hate, i see the videos with some good weed and enjoy it a lot!! and i see them like 5 times live, yeah of course the guys are old, so what? they r pretty awesome!!  big fan, big tired of the eternal  touring, but also they r my favorite band ever, and i know i get so extricted some time becouse i see their videos so many times that i become bitchy, so i let myself relax smoke one and enjoy the fucking show and if i want a good old rasp just see the saskatom concert or rio 91 

;) 

Never made it to youtube. It is just on their fb, insta, twitter.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, darkside259 said:

;) 

Bro, I love the way you think. Roll one for me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Thing is All said he used the clean voice in 2002 as that's what he wanted Chinese to sound like vocal wise 

So if there not gonna release anything, then surely it would make sense to arrange a tour schedule that would help Axl push the rasp more, once or twice a week? 

Or they can release an album