NITL live videos on youtube

10 minutes ago, downzy said:

For what it was I enjoyed it. I wasn’t expecting a fully mastered live performance. This was straight from the soundboard with nothing else done.  Reminds me of some of the soundboard bootlegs that have circulated over the years (Taiwan, Cleveland, etc). As a former musician it’s interesting to hear how professionals sound in a live setting without the wall of sound from that environment covering any flaws.

All in all and for what it was, it was a fun giveaway. 

Honestly just made me think of the old pro-shots from the UYI tour; audio is stereo, but the guitars aren't separated into either channel correctly, both kind of in the center. Not mixed, so instruments somewhat overshadow each other at certain portions. It's funny, if you're someone like me who loves bootlegged live shows, the crazy jumps in quality and variation amongst recordings. Saskatoon sounds better, in terms of the dynamic range and instrument levels, and it's from a 27 year old VHS tapes.

The Boston 2002 soundboard is pretty good, and yet ALL the Rock in Rio soundboard I've ever heard, no matter the artist, is just terrible. 

I enjoyed the songs though, can't wait for more

Edited by UsedYourIllusion
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, cqleonardo said:

well, Metallica sells their shows on their site... That's why it's "worked". I don't believe that GNR cares because they just put it in a shelf somewhere

Geez thats a fuckload of people attending!!!.

I think that it is a really promising sign that TB are doing this stuff, and I for one think that all in all it was a success. 

It got tons of fans onto this site and on Discord to all discuss the show as it was happening and gave us all a reason to be here at the same time for something.  Little things like that go a long way in terms of giving us reasons to keep going on GNR fan sites and discussing the band

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

I think that it is a really promising sign that TB are doing this stuff, and I for one think that all in all it was a success. 

It got tons of fans onto this site and on Discord to all discuss the show as it was happening and gave us all a reason to be here at the same time for something.  Little things like that go a long way in terms of giving us reasons to keep going on GNR fan sites and discussing the band

kumbaya

1 hour ago, axlvai said:

Well i didnt see it on time.... but i did just about some hours later.... and i read all the comments here. 

I dont want to sound a 'complainer complainer' but my general impresion of this is a 5/10. This is why: (in a very polite way)

- This sound bad in terms of mixing maybe??? Im not sound expert but its sounded like with no equalizer, a flat sound. This is not the real representation of the band going live. 

- The cam mix sucks ass (a not clean ass). That far cam its pointless if you dont zoom in next to when Axl or Slash gonna make the shit explode. The man who worked on this needs to see some UYI shows URGENT and REPLICATE the formula.

- Its time to finish some contracts with some hired members. FF first.

- I will not criticize the voice of the motherfucker bc he have bad and good days do in it. I saw the last show on Mexico (via streaming) and he kick some fkn ass there. 

- i didnt got a boner seeing this.... or my eyes on tears...... or my arms on goosebumps, they need more work. I will not see this video again. My 1st and last time. 

"INCLOSING!....." the video and audio mix fucked up the magic.

Adding some crap: When GnR released the 3D Bluray shit id got excited so much that i had to buy a new full HD TV with 3D and a good hometeather..... now if they will release a shit like this on 4k...... i dont will buy a new shit 4k tv OOH NOO. 

Just wanna say thanks for clarifying that it was "a not clean ass."

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, UsedYourIllusion said:

Honestly just made me think of the old pro-shots from the UYI tour; audio is stereo, but the guitars aren't separated into either channel correctly, both kind of in the center. Not mixed, so instruments somewhat overshadow each other at certain portions. It's funny, if you're someone like me who loves bootlegged live shows, the crazy jumps in quality and variation amongst recordings. Saskatoon sounds better, in terms of the dynamic range and instrument levels, and it's from a 27 year old VHS tapes.

The Boston 2002 soundboard is pretty good, and yet ALL the Rock in Rio soundboard I've ever heard, no matter the artist, is just terrible. 

I enjoyed the songs though, can't wait for more

I’ve never been nor would I ever pretend to be an audiophile so sound mixing/quality isn’t the most important thing for me. I get for those who are how this is a disappointment. What matters to me is getting to hear, whether decently mixed or not, a clean rendition of what is being recorded live. 

This also reminds me of my old band days when we would pay the sound mixer to record our shows. It was a great learning tool because we could pick up where we made mistakes. They were never mixed well, but well enough to notice where things went wrong if the did. I know people are complaining of not being able to hear everyone, but i watched and listened to it from my iphone with sound coming from my external speaker and could pick up almost everything, including Duff and Melissa’s backing vocals in CD (I think Duff fucks up after the first chorus). Bass isn’t pronounced but it’s still detectable (plus it’s bass, who gives a shit). 

And your right, Boston 02 was a great bootleg (even better show as I was in the audience that night). 

11 minutes ago, downzy said:

I’ve never been nor would I ever pretend to be an audiophile so sound mixing/quality isn’t the most important thing for me. I get for those who are how this is a disappointment. What matters to me is getting to hear, whether decently mixed or not, a clean rendition of what is being recorded live. 

This also reminds me of my old band days when we would pay the sound mixer to record our shows. It was a great learning tool because we could pick up where we made mistakes. They were never mixed well, but well enough to notice where things went wrong if the did. I know people are complaining of not being able to hear everyone, but i watched and listened to it from my iphone with sound coming from my external speaker and could pick up almost everything, including Duff and Melissa’s backing vocals in CD (I think Duff fucks up after the first chorus). Bass isn’t pronounced but it’s still detectable (plus it’s bass, who gives a shit). 

And your right, Boston 02 was a great bootleg (even better show as I was in the audience that night). 

Yeah, I know what you mean. I love the tracks on Live Era that don't have overdubs on the vocals, like You're Crazy, Don't Cry, Paradise City; despite the fact the album is brickwalled and loud. I still love listening to bootlegs, especially audience recordings, like the 1991 Stockholm shows, and the quality isn't soundboard. I just want good representations of how the performances are; so it's more about picking the right shows, than HiFi quality

• Like 1

Antifragile by Nassim Taleb. Good book.

Guns is a fragile band. Axl for all his good traits, such as defense of the value of art, seems like a fragile human. 

360p upscale to 1080 with a bad mix and horrid transcode? Video editing where a year one student could do better? Treating Axl like the wizard of oz?

No interest in this band anymore. No balls.

CD was cool. Praise robin.

I’m done with GNR.

byyyeeeeee

Edited by Wagszilla
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

It's a start. Be better and do more please. Auckland 2017 show would be great.

Yes

2 hours ago, gnr5 said:

Today I learned: this incarnation of GNR needs Matt Sorum

I've been saying that since the beginning of the reunion. Or Fitzy, he would totally blow everyone away.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Wagszilla said:

Antifragile by Nassim Taleb. Good book.

Guns is a fragile band. Axl for all his good traits, such as defense of the value of art, seems like a fragile human. 

360p upscale to 1080 with a bad mix and horrid transcode? Video editing where a year one student could do better? Treating Axl like the wizard of oz?

No interest in this band anymore. No balls.

CD was cool. Praise robin.

I’m done with GNR.

byyyeeeeee

No you are not

Is wrong to think Sorum was the worst Drummer for GNR and is a incomprehensible douchebag?

Edited by Gibsonfender2323

2 hours ago, Hank Moody said:

ank is the luckiest guy in rock n roll, got to be the drummer on one of the most anticipated reunions of all time, sucks a lot and is still employed (they should get either Matt or Fitzy to play for them, because for four years straight he has sucked and it kind of takes something away from this whole thing);

Franks been in this band since 2006 he knows the songs by heart. 

• Confused 1

1) I am grateful for the video, and please keep it coming in any case. 
2) However, I am not impressed, at all. Sorry. I can understand it’s probably just the beginning, and you chose "safe" songs in terms of Axl’s voice. But the sound sucks, the camera/editing people would deserve a slap, and the video quality is ridiculous. Why am I not too surprised? 
TV pro-shots from years ago have a better audio quality than this! As for the camera/editing, we barely see Axl, and there’s still that pestilence that the cameraman shows a guitarist’s right hand instead of the left one, which is entirely useless and idiotic. I thought these morons disappeared with the 90s TV, but apparently not. 
I hope to god if they ever release a NITL dvd, it won’t be of this "professional" quality...

Edited by jamillos
  • Like 2

Surely it’s obvious to everyone that the visual editing has nothing to do with the people tasked with doing the job. They’ve obviously been told no close up Axl footage is to be used. It’s embarrassing.

The trolls who criticise Axl’s appearance have clearly gotten to the man.

Edited by reayj2003
  • Like 2

Wow it is so obvious that Axl is not being shown on purpose. You can see from the stage-view shots that its when Axl is shown inhouse screens.. and now everytime Axl is supposed to be in camera they just show the far away stage view 😁 amazing.

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

Franks been in this band since 2006 he knows the songs by heart. 

1 hour ago, vloors said:

He for sure does not play them like he knows them by heart 

I remember at one of the Vegas 2016 shows he messed up PC. He kept going with the beat for the verse instead of doing the snare & kick thing from the intro.

1 hour ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

Sound the same to me tight groove and everything. 
Fitz is an overrated drummer just generic like Singer and Freese.

Lol ok