NITL live videos on youtube

2 hours ago, Lio said:

Yeah, just enjoy it for what it is. If you can't, that's fine too. I can't imagine all the energy people waste on getting disappointed over and over again. Well, some people thrive on that of course.

It's funny how people who enjoyed this, are being labeled as easy to please, low standards and pretending as if everything is okay, while the critics of course only have valid criticism :rolleyes: We're all on a GNR forum, no need to be arrogant about other posters' taste.

apparently i'm be easy to please, because liked it.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Lio said:

It's either that or you have very low standards :P

I noted that Axl just show in Chinese Democracy song, instead with It's so Easy and DTJ he was an ghost.:D and can see Slash have beatiful hands.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

Take your rose covered glasses off imo Matt sounds very lethargic here.  Its sounds messy  and its all over the place given they were all drunk out of their minds and on the last show of the tour

This guy thinks this epic '93 performance is "messy" but loves the 2019 performance :question::question:

5 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

Take your rose covered glasses off imo Matt sounds very lethargic here.  Its sounds messy  and its all over the place given they were all drunk out of their minds and on the last show of the tour

That sounded like a lumbering snarling beast putting Argentina up against a wall. In the best way.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

This guy thinks this epic '93 performance is "messy" but loves the 2019 performance :question::question:

and your problem with that is?????

A performance where a band is playing while drunk, stoned out of their minds and at each others throats at the end of a  long tour  is not going to be as good as a sober band that actually knows what they are doing and have no issues with each other.

Slash can barley keep up with Matt in that video

Edited by Gibsonfender2323

Just now, Gibsonfender2323 said:

and your problem witht that is?????

A performance where a band is " drunk, stoned out of their minds and at eachother throats at the end of a  long tour  is not going to be as good as a sober band that actually knows what they are doing and have no issues with eachother.

I'll take drunk/stoned GnR over NITL every time forever LOL I cannot believe you actually typed that out and pressed submit 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Axl_morris said:

Give us Houston 16, dodger stadium 16, first Vegas shows and troubadour.

Seconded and I want the  first night at Foxboro and  Hartford 2017 since I was there as well.

6 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

I'll take drunk/stoned GnR over NITL every time forever LOL I cannot believe you actually typed that out and pressed submit 

Why? If you have ears you can hear slash barley keep up.  

Apparently my tastes makes me less lmao

6 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Fernando is going to look on here and say, ''well I gave them lot on mygnr exactly what they want and they're still fuckin' moaning'' haha. I am certainly no fan of the guy who seems preoccupied with embarrassing merchandising and acting like the wanker, but it seems sadomasochist in the extreme to utterly crucify the one occasion when he does produce something from the archives. Alright alright, it is fleeting (only three songs) and flawed but - as they say where I come from - ''it is better than nowt''. Slash is good at least. It ticks along. It is an enjoyable way to spend 15 mins under lockdown at least. It isn't the Ritz  - it isn't even the Tokyo VHS - but I have seen far worse performances. 

Slash screwing up Jungle in St Louis  1991 for one lol

38 minutes ago, Axl_morris said:

Give us Houston 16, dodger stadium 16, first Vegas shows and troubadour.

Dodger Stadium was such a great show - and with an added Steven Adler appearance I have been wanting to relive that show ever since I heard rumors of it being recorded :headbang:

• Like 1

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

I think I am a bit immune to Slash's mistakes. I actually would go as far to say I enjoy them. It is all part of his loose organic rock n' roll style. I see people criticising him here and think, ''who do they expect, Steve Vai?''. 

I think they do. Anyway everyone should like what they want

11 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

and your problem with that is?????

A performance where a band is playing while drunk, stoned out of their minds and at each others throats at the end of a  long tour  is not going to be as good as a sober band that actually knows what they are doing and have no issues with each other.

Slash can barley keep up with Matt in that video

Tell that to the Stones or Oasis lol

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I think I am a bit immune to Slash's mistakes. I actually would go as far to say I enjoy them. It is all part of his loose organic rock n' roll style. I see people criticising him here and think, ''who do they expect, Steve Vai?''. 

They’d rather him being fall down drunk making the same mistakes live or play it exactly like the record. His whole thing has always been teetering on the edge where you expect it to fall apart. That’s what makes it enjoyable. It’s loose  

His playing is always rushing going back over the years but that has always been pulled back from his rhythm section in a give and take. Maybe because they now play on a click it’s more noticeable? 

Edited by guitarpatch
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, guitarpatch said:

They’d rather him being fall down drunk making the same mistakes live or play it exactly like the record. His whole thing has always been teetering on the edge where you expect it to fall apart. That’s what makes it enjoyable. It’s loose  

His playing is always rushing going back over the years but that has always been pulled back from his rhythm section in a give and take. Maybe because they now play on a click it’s more noticeable? 

I think Frank said they played to click on and off like sometimes they don't need it but for longer songs like Double Talkin Jive, Coma etc. I dont think they use it on the shorter ones.

Here is what Frank said on @Gambit83s show.

And all three eras are really unique. The 'Appetite' songs don't sound like the 'Illusion' songs — they don't have the same feel. So, the toughest part… I mean, in a weird way, it's almost kind of like all of 'em, especially from the Sorum-Adler era. And what I try to do as a groove drummer is try to sit somewhere in between both drummers, so you still have a punk rocky, off-the-rails kind of feel, but then a nice, solid, dependable foundation, like Sorum gives you. So, it's kind of challenging. Now, the 'Chinese Democracy' stuff is more straight ahead. The challenges I have with that is playing it more like Brain played them, even though I was able to add some stuff myself later on, once I joined the band."

He continued: "The toughest part is finding the right groove in between those two eras — the first two eras — I think. And I think especially with Slash [guitar] and Duff [McKagan, bass] in the band now, because it was their era — they wrote that stuff; it's their music — I'm able to find a nice spot where those guys are really comfortable playing the songs, but I'm also comfortable playing from my heart without being cerebral and having to think too much about the parts. So, I would say somewhere in between those two drummers."

2 hours ago, guitarpatch said:

Metallica has thought out, monetized and hired people to handle their catalog of shows over the last decade. To think GNR can get something up and running similar in less than a month is a bit short sighted and simply not fair to compare. Apples and oranges 

It’s the first time they’ve done this. Let’s see what happens. If people respond well, maybe they will look into putting some more thought behind it. They certainly aren’t afraid of $ 

Why is not fair?! They've been touring since 2016 , 4 years already! And it took a world pandemic to release something and just 13 minutes! But we are talking about a man who took 20 years yo release an álbum.....

• Like 1