Jump to content

NITL live videos on youtube: Wichita 2019 debuts today


Recommended Posts

50 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

The users complaining about not saying anything negative are so pathetic. That's the majority of the thread JFC:facepalm: take alook around as well. The past 5 months were trashing the band and fernando every thread.

 

Jesus Christ

As pathetic as the users who only complain about those who complain? Circular argument. So what if most of the thread is negative? If it bothers you so much head over to the other forum where there is nothing but praise. I would just say the consensus is that a lot of people on this particular forum didn't like it. I personally saw a lot of people giving credit where credit is due, and yes some people didn't like it at all.

For example, you said yourself that the sound mix is bad. That's a constructive, but nevertheless negative, opinion isn't it? And I agree. It's bad, but I honestly give them credit for being willing to put out something so dry where mistakes will be more obvious and stand behind it.

But now I can think of at least one other user who is going to jump on this to "correct" my opinion that it's bad. I just don't know why some people get so personally bothered by what strangers say on the Internet.

If someone told me James Bond was the shittiest thing to happen to film I wouldn't whine about it. I'd be curious as to what they thought about it. I like differing viewpoints. I don't like Marvel movies. Gasp. Am I wrong?

That's why I find places like HTGTH dreadfully boring.

  • Like 3
  • GNFNR 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Riot shields or bust.  

Cant beleive its taken the band 3 months to do this, and Fernando only agreeing to do something like this when told to him directly by the fans. If GNR want to look at being a top tier band this

LARGER! LARGER TEXT!!! I CAN'T READ!!!

23 minutes ago, James Bond said:

As pathetic as the users who only complain about those who complain? Circular argument. So what if most of the thread is negative? If it bothers you so much head over to the other forum where there is nothing but praise. I would just say the consensus is that a lot of people on this particular forum didn't like it. I personally saw a lot of people giving credit where credit is due, and yes some people didn't like it at all.

For example, you said yourself that the sound mix is bad. That's a constructive, but nevertheless negative, opinion isn't it? And I agree. It's bad, but I honestly give them credit for being willing to put out something so dry where mistakes will be more obvious and stand behind it.

But now I can think of at least one other user who is going to jump on this to "correct" my opinion that it's bad. I just don't know why some people get so personally bothered by what strangers say on the Internet.

If someone told me James Bond was the shittiest thing to happen to film I wouldn't whine about it. I'd be curious as to what they thought about it. I like differing viewpoints. I don't like Marvel movies. Gasp. Am I wrong?

That's why I find places like HTGTH dreadfully boring.

I have no issues with people complaining. I have issues with people crying about not getting what they want when its the thing they have been wanting for months and then act like they cant speak out.

 

It's like a kid having a temper tantrum about not getting a toy then when they get that toy they dont want it. 

 

Thats the diffrence.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

I have no issues with people complaining. I have issues with people crying about not getting what they want when its the thing they have been wanting for months and then act like they cant speak out.

 

It's like a kid having a temper tantrum about not getting a toy then when they get that toy they dont want it. 

 

Thats the diffrence.

That much I can agree with you, but I saw plenty of users who are typically very critical of the band giving Fernando credit for this. It wasn't entirely whiners.

Still, the people who aren't happy with this can continue to cry all they want and it doesn't bother me any. They don't have to like it.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, James Bond said:

That much I can agree with you, but I saw plenty of users who are typically very critical of the band giving Fernando credit for this. It wasn't entirely whiners.

Still, the people who aren't happy with this can continue to cry all they want and it doesn't bother me any. They don't have to like it.

Exactly I think you just misunderstood me.

  • GNFNR 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, F*ck Fear said:

One song.

Sailing.

I will never say a negative thing again, promise.

That is one of my all time favorite post-90s Axl moments ever.  That and the There Was A Time ending scream from Hammerstein 2006

Link to post
Share on other sites

Came here to see what everyone was saying about the NITL tour video being posted

Remembered why I stopped visiting GN'R forums. It ALWAYS devolves into "NO MY FAVORITE ERA OF THE BAND IS THE BEST! (BAND MEMBER) SUCKS HERE! (MY FAVORITE BAND MEMBER) IS THE SUPERIOR ONE!" 

Always. Without fail. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Axl Rose aka God said:

Came here to see what everyone was saying about the NITL tour video being posted

Remembered why I stopped visiting GN'R forums. It ALWAYS devolves into "NO MY FAVORITE ERA OF THE BAND IS THE BEST! (BAND MEMBER) SUCKS HERE! (MY FAVORITE BAND MEMBER) IS THE SUPERIOR ONE!" 

Always. Without fail. 

Hi

What would you have liked to see?

 

The way I interpret this thread is one of friendly discussion from folk who love this band and have done for a long time.  Just my take and I have found it interesting.

Edited by DurhamGirl
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ant said:

The critical responses are fueled by an underlying massive love for GNR. Its just doesn’t sound good. This is music, so that’s an issue.

This is one of the richest, largest, most storied bands in history. People don’t have around this forum to hand out participation ribbons to Fernando. Props to him getting some points on the board, but pointing out this is the absolute floor of the potential of NITL media releases and quality is just the truth. 

Great post...

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I am asking myself a few things:

1.

How many views of this video in what time frame are sufficient for GNR/TB to post more stuff? (By the way, the answer to this question indicates for whom they post this stuff, for us the hardcore fanbase or the mainstream which they do call „fam“). 

2. 

Which songs/performances are left to post anything without Mickey and without showing the last average joe that Axl cannot sing anymore? Is that Houston gig really that good that it can compete with classic stuff from the golden era? I haven’t heard it yet.

3. 

The band obviously still lives from their glory days in the 80/90s. They even promote this by still (re)releasing vintage-style merch only, e.g. all their TShirts are about AFD/Lies/UYI only. That alone shows that everybody in GNR camp perfectly knows what people want, the hardcore fanbase as well as the mainstream. In fact even their only release since the reunion was a recording from the 80ies. They do absolutely know that its only the stuff from the past which sells tickets to this day (evidence: there isn’t anything else which could support ticket sales ... besides toytrucks and laundary bags). 

So why the heck don’t they just release topnotch footage from the glory days?! THIS is what everybody wants and what this whole reunion is all about. In addition, its all there. They have tons of footage which is ready to be released. Just drop it. You don’t even have to cut out Axl before.

It’s obvious that the only reason for not releasing the old stuff is that it would give little shine on the old band members. It’s embarrassing that this fact holds GNR away from what EVERYONE really wants, fans and „fuckin fam“.  

Edited by zigzagbigbag
  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

So, I just watched the last DTJ from RIO and that was a much better video than this one.. High quality, could feel the vibe of the crowd and was a better overall performance on general.. Hopefully they can capture some of that in future videos..

I'd always expect a South American crowd to have more vibe than Salt Lake City. 

RIO has much better camera work. The one on SLC was poor. Too many shots from Row Z. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, nikothebellic said:

Yeah, I do! Actually, I even saved audio from Coachella pro-shots and keep it in iPhone for listening — they were mixed sound-wise with distinctive instruments and perfectly balanced crowd. And Nightrain from this show, which appeared later on SiriusXM, sounds perfect and is the best “Official” recording that we got from NITL. So, seems it depends on the venue — maybe festival teams are just more professional. 
 

Yet again, I’m not completely bitching the new release’s mixing...but it sounds like a video segment from a morning show. I think so anticipated live footage might have been treated better and produced to show all the mightiness of the band, not just to remind that they are still out there. 

That's how it should've sounded. Loud and punchy. Not like there's a blanket over the speaker. Almost sounds like there's a lot pass filter on the whole thing.

7 hours ago, Powderfinger said:

This is live music at its best: improvised... the fact is rock n roll bands aren’t orchestras. I personally like a bit of the sloppy and drunken vibe to my rock. 
 

But the clip I posted sounded fine to me, neither of the things you described. 
 

different ears and different tastes. That 93 clip has edge, the one released yesterday is sterile to me in comparison. But I get that’s some people’s thing.. 

What 1993 clip is this?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Three months for Guns N' Roses to put out three live songs, while Powderfinger literally reunites for a virtual show that will begin in half an hour:

 

wow had no idea. Was never a big fan, but I went through a phase when living is Aus. I'll defo check this out, thanks.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

Cant beleive its taken the band 3 months to do this, and Fernando only agreeing to do something like this when told to him directly by the fans.

If GNR want to look at being a top tier band this stuff should have been done months ago. Being appreciative isnt the point and we shouldnt have to be appreciative and kiss the bands arse when they do something like this. If the band want to keep the band in the public eye once we know what the future show dates will be doing these vids and putting them on the website keeps people interest. Its in the bands and TBs interest, not ours.

The backstage video footage that was put on the GNR website, and the fact that every NITL has video footage means that the band has access to video footage as it sees fit. Whoever is the video company , whether thats Universal or a third party is beside the point.

Who knows. Whoever manages the video footage, maybe fans like us. Who have approached the band numerous times to offer their services to put something like this together only to be ignored.

Sick of fans thinking we need to give praise and be appreciative when they do things like this. If GNR want to look at being a top tier band, doing these sort vids should be par for the course not just an excuse to throw the fans a bone every now and again. GNR should be seen as being the leaders and not the followers when  doing these sorts of band promotions.

👏👏👏 Agree 100%

And if I didn't care so much about GnR then it wouldn't matter to me so much how it looks and sounds. I'm being critical about it because I care a lot. I want my favorite band to look good and sound good.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

Bad* , Slashs guitar is way to high, there is no reverb no eq, no bass

nah again it's just not a A+ mix.

A dry mix isn't necessarily bad (in this case it's not great).

But just because something isn't exceptional doesn't mean it's trash (this forum is incapable of nuance ).

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

nah again it's just not a A+ mix.

A dry mix isn't necessarily bad (in this case it's not great).

But just because something isn't exceptional doesn't mean it's trash (this forum is incapable of nuance ).

*Some people* remind me of a certain forum owner (J.) so much that it's astounding... :D

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

Cant beleive its taken the band 3 months to do this, and Fernando only agreeing to do something like this when told to him directly by the fans.

That's not entirely true.

When releasing proshots was suggested by a fan to Fernando he said things were already in motion.

2 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

Sick of fans thinking we need to give praise and be appreciative when they do things like this.

Lmao continue to be an absolute goal post mover then. But then don't get annoyed when TB stops interacting with fans due to "complaints, complaints, complaints..."

The entitlement is unreal.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Bland, boring, uninspired and highly manipulative footage. Well done Guns, you've outdone yourself again. My favourite band reduced to this. :cry: At least I'm used to it by now.

Edited by Sisyphus
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jamillos said:

*Some people* remind me of a certain forum owner (J.) so much that it's astounding... :D

Yes we've had the run around of old fans on here suggesting that anyone not trying to slate then band is someone else.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

That's not entirely true.

When releasing proshots was suggested by a fan to Fernando he said things were already in motion.

Lmao continue to be an absolute goal post mover then. But then don't get annoyed when TB stops interacting with fans due to "complaints, complaints, complaints..."

The entitlement is unreal.

Why would this be entitlement.?. As a fan ive long accepted no new material will surface and that GNR are purely a touring band. However like everyone else i REALLY want to be surprised with new recordings.

I couldnt care if fernando does or doesnt deal with the online fan community. Why does fernando conduct doing interviews via reddit and not Nightrain, the bands own official fan club forum or on their own facebook page?. Strikes me as a strange way to deal with fans.

After seeing the amount of unflattering comments in the bands facebook site about the GNR kids book, TB  doesnt need to ask the fans what they want.

Edited by Sydney Fan
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Gordon Comstock changed the title to NITL live videos on youtube: Wichita 2019 debuts today
  • downzy locked this topic
  • downzy unlocked this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...