NITL live videos on youtube

On 15/06/2020 at 4:10 PM, Towelie said:

Oh, you can definitely tell Fernando thinks he's Gods gift. What kind of music manager releases a kids book using their own children's names? Fernando blurred the lines many years ago, he truly believes he is part of Guns N Roses. He refers to them as "his band", shows that "we played", tries to sell vanity project books about his kids under the GNR name. How Axl can't see what a wanker this guy is, fuck only knows.

The tune to Beggars and Hangers On must play constantly like a carousel in Slash's head when he's around Fernando and the rest of TB.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, THELINESMAN said:

Do you think TB even know Axl is struggling in these shows? Perhaps it is awkward to talk about and they are under the impression it's all amazing until they listen back (if they ever even do)....

I think they at least have somewhat of an awareness since the first go of this YouTube thing saw them choose some very neutral songs (ie. the ones Axl always sounds fine on). Nobody close to the band probably scrutinizes Axl as much as we do but nevertheless it's amazing that that haven't played it safe with 2016 yet. It'd be a shame to get a lesser Jungle from 2018 when there's some smoking hot performances of it from 2016 and even 2017 (the Toronto 2017 one springs to mind - crazy rasp on that one).

Perhaps it's coming in due time.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, THELINESMAN said:

4:24-4:29 

Admittedly doesn't sound as bad as I remember on the feed I watched! But he definitely drops an octave into a deeper rasp and misses a note (I feel evil now picking, I couldn't sing this well along with all the other stuff he sings!) 

Not your job to sing better, or as good. There's a reason he gets paid millions and because of that he should be nailing it or at least be good every night. The odds of getting a good Axl is way too low.

Anyway, you can be critical! Thats the main point I'm making.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, James Bond said:

I think they at least have somewhat of an awareness since the first go of this YouTube thing saw them choose some very neutral songs (ie. the ones Axl always sounds fine on). Nobody close to the band probably scrutinizes Axl as much as we do but nevertheless it's amazing that that haven't played it safe with 2016 yet. It'd be a shame to get a lesser Jungle from 2018 when there's some smoking hot performances of it from 2016 and even 2017 (the Toronto 2017 one springs to mind - crazy rasp on that one).

Perhaps it's coming in due time.

They all have in ears or hear some level of playback. They are fully aware of Axls weak points... but they are more interested in hiding the weaknesses than approaching him and saying something critical that could possibly lead to either a positive improvement in Axls singing, OR😏 Axl fires TB as his management.  I'd be happy with either!!

1 hour ago, UsedYourIllusion said:

They just didn't do channel/stereo separation on his guitar, kinda like the UYI bootlegs--i.e. Chicago and Oklahoma, the drums, audience are in stereo; but both guitars are in the center

I think I heard Richard's guitar there on the right channel. Or maybe it was Melissa adding her keyboard effects. 

1 hour ago, THELINESMAN said:

4:24-4:29 

Admittedly doesn't sound as bad as I remember on the feed I watched! But he definitely drops an octave into a deeper rasp and misses a note (I feel evil now picking, I couldn't sing this well along with all the other stuff he sings!) 

Yeah, it’s not that bad. 2019 was worse in my opinion

1 hour ago, nikothebellic said:

Download Festival? Really? The haven't found anything better? Beginning of the leg, Axl is still in "charging up" mode, and we've already seen footage from there. Seems to me it was just available from promoters. 

At least the camera work will be good :lol: