NITL live videos on youtube

7 hours ago, Towelie said:

But he can't sing. People have just lowered their expectations so much that they'll accept any shit that's offered. If a random man got up singing karaoke like that in a pub, he would be booed and jeered and laughed at. People give him a pass because he's Axl Rose and he can hide behind the great musicianship of players like Slash, Buckethead, Bumblefoot et al. But lets be real here for a moment, Axl Rose sounds like dog shit. I wouldn't dare play this to any of my friends or family, would you? 

He didn't hide behind those two.

The shitstorm started when AXL/DC stopped, so did Ron Anderson stopped.

This videos are just for us fans, any casual listener will feel sorry for Axl. Thats the truth whether we like it or not. He cant sing decent anymore on almost every song. You may still enjoy live shows cause he is a legend but thing for what they are.

I think the band sounded tight though, I dont get the criticism on their behalf on this video. Guess its all a matter of personal preferences

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SMG said:

This was soundboard in - Mixed - Then compressed. Literally the 3 stages a propper pro shot goes through. Just because you prefer Metallica's mixing quality better doesn't deter from the fact that this was a AAA production, you can even here the automation levelling of Axl's vocals  mid lines to make his (very weak) lines audible.

Long story short, the compression and automation worked MIRACLES here.

Thanks for ur wicked input 'METALLICA SOUNDS BETTER'.....ok?....

:)

So you're tellin' me this could be released as DVD/blu-ray? Without both guitars having its own channel?

Edited by Rayno

3 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

If the band were still looking to do a NA tour in 2020 this would there what 3rd or 4th NA tour?. Over the last 4 years they have toured Europe twice some Asian countires twice and Australia once :max:. I would like to think any casual fan who has wanted to see GNR would have done so by 2018/19. For the NA fans that should have been 2017.

There are always new fans, as well as the people that miss them every time completely unaware the bands in their city. So each time they play a city there's probably thousands of people seeing them for the 1st time. Not to forget the portion of the fanbase that just never get tired of those songs, and the other portion who would defend the band and their performances no matter the cost. Takeaway is the hits in a GNR set are never going away.... unless they play an intimate club date specific to nightrain subscribers... even then those loons would want SCOM.

Yeah Australia gets a rough go of it!

Edited by Tom2112
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, AxlSlashthebest said:

are you serious ????

pfff anyway if we don't complain we are wrong. Maybe TB are the worst managment in the world but maybe also .......we are the worst fans in the world !!! come on we get free pro-vidéo. Congratulation @Powderfinger I would love to hear you playing drunk !!!!

Love this version of rocket Queen of exept........you know !!!!

No, we are very easily pleased. We want them to release quality stuff, we want them to play quality shows... they release the first thing closest to hand and they play substandard shows that fool the casual listener. We want them to release new music, they openly discuss the record being ready etc. they do nothing further with it! 

ANY fanbase would buckle under this. This has been going on for some since '95!! we're the battered spouse!

We're not the worst fans in the world. We are the best fans in the world. We have stuck by and held on hope for years upon years, and most of the time it was annoying when things weren't happening! but now we have this pissy teenager throwing barbs at the fans who highlight their lacklustre approach? that's just not acceptable! 

Nobody is complaining that we got two free well shot (not calling it pro, it's amateur ;)) videos! I think everyone here is delighted they are doing it! but we are also deflated that the performances have been some of the weakest of the entire NITL tour. TB know they have a fanatic fanbase who know every detail of public knowledge regarding the band, they could easily ask "what are the top 5 concerts form 2016 to 2020". 

End of the day, this band kinda sucks now! I hope things improve though! Considering I was an obsessed fan from about 1999-2016 I can't believe how much my opinion has changed on them. 

Edited by Tom2112
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Not to forget the portion of the fanbase that just never get tired of those songs

Me.. I love seeing all the classics live.. Plus they haven't been here is 3 years.. And I go of tons of shows.. In my opinion they really do switch it up more than most bands. If people weren't analyzing set lists online every day it would be a non issue. 

3 minutes ago, DurhamGirl said:

Do you think Axl, Slash and Duff are enjoying themselves even if it is a cash grab?

I would say yes for the most part. I am sure there are nights they feel like shit and would rather not be up there but it must still be a high playing in front of all those people who are there you see your music. 

• Like 3

My two cents:

1. Axl wasn't that bad, guys. We've seen way worse. I think he did a decent job in Rocket Queen considering the current state of his voice, and his clean tone actually surprised me in good mix. It's not what you would excpect from Classic Era Axl but the performance itself wasn't embarrassing in any way.

2. Never had a thing against Richard Fortus, apart from the false promisses, but jesus, the guy makes terrible choices on GNR songs. He just tries so hard to shredd and adds nothing but silly licks on parts that requires nothing but basic rock n' roll. Hearing him this loud in the mix has made me love Gilby 100% more.

(Sorry if I over-bashed the guy, just woke up on a hangover, watched the video and his RQ playing made me very upset 😂)

3. Duff finally got some love on the mix and that alone made a HUGE difference.

Edited by jafeijo

2 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Me.. I love seeing all the classics live.. Plus they haven't been here is 3 years.. And I go of tons of shows.. In my opinion they really do switch it up more than most bands. If people weren't analyzing set lists online every day it would be a non issue. 

I would say yes for the most part. I am sure there are nights they feel like shit and would rather not be up there but it must still be a high playing in front of all those people who are there you see your music. 

They do and they don't. Maiden play the same set for a leg, and then change it, going on and on like that. GNR have their A set, and they mostly play that and then every couple of months they add a new song in... it's very similar night in and out whether you get Don't cry night 1 or Patience night 2. 

I agree though, if people weren't analysing every detail of the set then it wouldn't be such a big fan issue... but that is the way these things are now! bands plays a set, and it's instantly on setlist fm! I prefer not knowing.

I also love hearing all the classics too! I don't want to go and not see Jungle or NV! I want variation though, I hate being able to guess the next song! 

6 minutes ago, jafeijo said:

2. Never had a thing against Richard Fortus, apart from the false promisses, but jesus, the guy makes terrible choices on GNR songs. He just tries so hard to shredd and adds nothing but silly licks on parts that requires nothing but basic rock n' roll. Hearing him this loud in the mix has made me love Gilby 100% more.

I thought the same thing.

Although I did like his little funky rhythm riff in the middle of RQ.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rayno said:

So you're tellin' me this could be released as DVD/blu-ray? Without both guitars having its own channel?

You could absolutely get away with it. Any issues? Go back to the recordings and pan em more so people like you don't have a meltdown

13 minutes ago, SMG said:

You could absolutely get away with it. Any issues? Go back to the recordings and pan em more so people like you don't have a meltdown

This is NOT dvd quality. The people like you thing gave me a chuckle! you obviously mean people who like well mixed music. If you like to listen to dry mixes then fire ahead, the rest of the world enjoy just a little bit more of polish on the mixes. 

I'll put it this way, if this was a leaked video, then this would be incredible audio quality, everyone would be amazed by this! 

released in an official capacity with all the multitracks available to them to tweak, it's just lazy!

Edited by Tom2112
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

This is NOT dvd quality. The people like you thing gave me a chuckle! you obviously mean people who like well mixed music. If you like to listen to dry mixes then fire ahead, the rest of the world enjoy just a little bit more of polish on the mixes. 

I'll put it this way, if this was a leaked video, then this would be incredible audio quality, everyone would be amazed by this! 

released in an official capacity with all the multitracks available to them to tweak, it's just lazy!

The side-chain compression use on the band is used pretty fucking well here, Duff sounds thick and fat, exactly what a bass should be doing, the guitars are present and clearly audible, and a weak Axl Rose cuts through with enough definition that you can get with what he's doing.

People like YOU make ME chuckle!

• Haha 2

Rocket Queen...seriously...what the fuck??? :facepalm:

Whatever happened to the slide guitar solo, Axl half-assing the entire song, piss poor drumming/rhythm section, Slash pointless talk box noodling, Richard's aimless shredding...if they hate this song so much why do they even bother trying to perform it?

Just look at the crowd trying to clap along during the climax and the band isn't even picking up on it or giving them a reaction...while everyone does his own thing on stage not even looking at each other totally mailing it in. Just sad.

I would cut them all slack if this was from their first couple of shows together, but this was after playing the song how many times together in this lineup? 200? 300? They get a ton of money, had beautiful weather, good sound and a truly supportive and respectful audience and that's what they come up with?

I can't believe people still pay money to see this.

But hey nevermind, it's only the last song on side b of the greatest hard rock album ever made.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, KURT19 said:

I think Slither is great but the rest of it makes me sad.  
At this point, I’d like to see Slash, Izzy, Steven and Duff tour without Axl.  Call it whatever you want, but it would be more entertaining than this.

Seriously sad now...I never asked for this version of the band.

The Appetite lineup with Myles Kennedy instead of Axl would be great. It’ll never happen but sometimes it’s fun to play the what if game. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, SMG said:

The side-chain compression use on the band is used pretty fucking well here, Duff sounds thick and fat, exactly what a bass should be doing, the guitars are present and clearly audible, and a weak Axl Rose cuts through with enough definition that you can get with what he's doing.

People like YOU make ME chuckle!

Yeah the drums are mixed to the back, butied by the guitars and bass. Theres barely any oomph off the kick drum, no snap off the snare, the hats are hard to hear at times and the crash and rides are inaudible in places. You're fantastic for knowing the term side chain compression👏👏🙆‍♂️ but if you think this is great then you have no clue about good mixes. 

Also, the bass is overpowering, and it's NOT supposed to do that. 

I love talking to experts that know so much😄

• Like 1