2 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I saw Duff play Dust N' Bones when he opened for Axl in 2011. It was great! GNR could definitely be playing it, even without Izzy. There's plenty of deep cuts that Axl would still sound great on, too (Down On The Farm, Pretty Tied Up, Bad Obsession, etc)

A lot of tracks--especially if Izzy came back-- could help Axls voice. 14 Years, Dust N' Bones, maybe a solo Izzy song, a TSI song for Duff, replacing Better with Sorry, Move to the City, the songs you mentioned, The Garden,  Breakdown even

• Like 2
  • Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Riot shields or bust.  

Cant beleive its taken the band 3 months to do this, and Fernando only agreeing to do something like this when told to him directly by the fans. If GNR want to look at being a top tier band this

LARGER! LARGER TEXT!!! I CAN'T READ!!!

Axl sounds pretty damn good on this RQ outro. Having soundboard/proshot of Slither was really cool too. I hope we get some videos pre-2018, something from the NA 2016 run or my 2017 shows would be really cool to see.

• Like 3
33 minutes ago, Dangom1 said:

The response so far from media outlets have been mostly very positive regarding the video posted👍

I cann't imagine most 'media outlets' are remotely bothered about GNR uploading a few crappy videos on YouTube! 

Outside of this board I'm yet to see or hear any mention of it. Because in the real world an old nostalgia-based band uploading a few crappy videos really isn't news. 

Edited by allwaystired
  • Like 3
2 hours ago, Dangom1 said:

The response so far from media outlets have been mostly very positive regarding the video posted👍

See below. 

2 hours ago, allwaystired said:

I cann't imagine most 'media outlets' are remotely bothered about GNR uploading a few crappy videos on YouTube! 

Outside of this board I'm yet to see or hear any mention of it. Because in the real world an old nostalgia-based band uploading a few crappy videos really isn't news. 

Haha, exactly. I sincerely doubt any "media outlets" care about this at all. Would love to be proven wrong with some links though. 

• Like 3

I haven't seen a single report about this on any of the usual media sites. That said, I have to admit that the YouTube comments seemed a lot more positive than I expected based on how brutal those usually are.

• Wow 1
18 hours ago, Alejandro GNR said:

Sorry from RiR 2017 is just terrible...he would never choose to sing it like that

The version of Sorry from the Apollo in 2017 is excellent - one of my favourites.

4 hours ago, adamsapple said:

This.

Since the casuals obviously couldn't care less about actual quality as long as Slash is doing Slash on stage they might as well make some hardcore fans happy with some of the good shit they certainly do have up their sleeves but not share. It's not like NITL didn't have plenty of really good to absolutely amazing performances. On top of my head Houston 2016 comes to mind for example. By posting anything BUT what many actual fans were suggesting, requesting and asking for all the time they just show once again how little they care. Too little, too late.

I'm among the first to bitch but I'm also jumping to praise the shit out of them whenever they offer something really cool. And for many reasons those "selects" posted so far were not cool. That's my personal opinion and I totally respect when people are happy with less than what's possible and enjoy what's being offered. I'm not. I've seen shaky cell phone bootlegs on YT that got me more excited and entertained than any of the "selects" so far.

I feel Houston was their best show but Axls singing will still suck for those who want Axl to be his older self.

He was very good to his new standarts, but lets not fool ourselves, he was weak where he’s always weak nowadays. Maybe a little bit better than the majority of shows, but for casual fans his voice will sound shot or like a cat drowning or any of those sad comments you may read in social media

November Rain, YCBM, SCOM all sound horrendous vocally...and Im a fan boy

Edited by Alejandro GNR
  • Like 1
On 6/19/2020 at 6:50 PM, EricA said:

Anybody else missing some noise from the audience here and there?

ok to be fair, there is some at SCOM, but most of the time it feels like watching a live performance without getting any concert vibe at all, but maybe it's just me, for whom it feels weird:shrugs:

It's not just you. Without crowd noise and shots of people standing still, it just ruins the vibe of the performance.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, adamsapple said:

I've seen shaky cell phone bootlegs on YT that got me more excited and entertained than any of the "selects" so far.

Same. Like that video that Frans made recently with WTTJ from the Troubador, that was really exciting to watch.

11 hours ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

Axl sounds pretty damn good on this RQ outro. Having soundboard/proshot of Slither was really cool too. I hope we get some videos pre-2018, something from the NA 2016 run or my 2017 shows would be really cool to see.

He almost sounded good, he was almost rasping but changed it to his mickivoice... 

30 minutes ago, wrolk said:

He almost sounded good, he was almost rasping but changed it to his mickivoice... 

He’s phrasing is really weird... “its such-a lonely”...“until”...

Sounds bad, his voice is bad and the phrasing and enaunciation is even worse, just like the “thunda” in SCOM

Edited by Alejandro GNR
  • Like 3

I cant remember very well... but it was a old show from 1991 when the mtrfckr say a great rant about some theme... 

And in some part of the rant he says: "... if you cant sing SHUT THA FUCK UP!".

what a very nice time to remember.

Edited by axlvai