NITL live videos on youtube

On 7/8/2020 at 1:44 PM, GNR_RNR said:

From the videos I've heard of it the performance was fine, I'm sure Axl shattering his foot probably impacted his vocals somewhat but sounded decent regardless.

Makes zero sense why they would sit on that especially when it's got some nice fidelity video.

It's an important piece of GNR history that would be a nice thing to share with the fans.

Might be a Lawsuit a Judge Named Sharon is the judge of a case that may or may not involve GNR.

8 hours ago, valengf said:

Fuck the Troubadour show. Give me the Out Ta Get Me and My Michelle w/ Steven Adler pro shots 

That's what I want too.

7 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Yeah, that was all very anti climatic for me.. I was absolutely in cloud 9 when the rumors about the reunion started coming true. I was literally like a kid on Christmas Eve for weeks or even months.. All the way until they started releasing pictures the day of that Troubador show.  I saw the second keyboard setup for Smurfette.. There was no Izzy, Steven, Matt or even Gilby... It was apparent Axl didn't take it seriously enough to improve his voice or image.. The clips I heard were kind of weak.. I lost excitement for the Vegas show I had tickets to. The show was a great time and I rocked out with my cock out for 3 hours but it was painfully obvious that reunion wasn't going to be what it could have been. The actually performance itself wasn't very impressive.. Axl's shortcomings were obvious and the band never really hit their stride until that Detroit show.  

I agree. Once we saw what the lineup was I lost some of the excitement which honestly never came back.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

That's what I want too.

I agree. Once we saw what the lineup was I lost some of the excitement which honestly never came back.

RIR 2001 - Ritz 2012 -and Trobadour 2016 was so.... idk how to say it.... "desilusional". But here i am. Im a sadist.

And release whatever with a good edition work. This only killing time until we get the good old stuff.

Edited by axlvai
On topic.

5 hours ago, feli1269 said:

This argument is just so stupid.

Kid Rock was 44 years old in that vid

Axl Rose in 2010 Tour was 48 years old, and you know how killer he sounded that year. He's now 58 and singing the best he can, so if you don't like it, go and listen Nickelback. 

We're just complaining about the no release of NITL Selects.

I'd rather be deaf & blind than go see Nickelback, i agree with some of your points... Axl isn't the man he was but hes doing what he can.... Its the amateur management that's holding a big band back 

• Like 2

Guns are a true rock n’ roll band of old-school thinking guys – in certain aspects concerning this whole new internet thing. And as such, it’s crucial to have a management containing PR/media people who know what the fans want, which is not rocket science after all – an average fan could come up with a Release Project schedule within 30 minutes. As we know, there are bands like Metallica and others who somehow have managed this. GNR is a band that painfully needs help in this regard, yet to our misfortune, we’ve gotten the exact opposite. The more essential it is – in our case – the less of the content we get. Classic.

And the only thing that really happens is that you get a shitty content, you defame it (naturally), the author reads the feedback, gets all butthurt and invests even less energy into preparing anything else in the future. Vicious fucking circle. Tons of potential lost every year. And with the said old-school guys not giving a damn (that’s what they’ve hired those hacks for), what’s the way out? Suggestions don’t work, we’d have had tons of stuff by now if those people (TB) were actually competent or at least cared enough to hire someone who is. But that’s not gonna happen, is it. 
I don’t know, man. Just a bit of complaining here. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

Halestorm released their full Download Festival show from last year. Not sure why GnR can't do the same. I think if they did that (instead of just a few select songs of questionable quality) that would keep most of us here happy for quite a while.

Download released it not the band, download filmed it and i take it the band needs to buy the footage off the festival 

On 7/10/2020 at 10:47 AM, Creed said:

Dude, you are deaf and blind :P everyone in the comments section agree that this just awful. Axl has to stop singing high notes. He should re-arrange all songs, even if it will sound completely different. But different in a positive way is fine. 

If i doubt use Rock In Rio, which is always a shit show and audio... Id rather watch an iffy GNR gig than Nickleback, yes this was bad on YouTube, was it as bad stood there watching it? Download sounded different stood in a crowd to the selects videos sounded. This isn't great but rio live has always sounded bad, go back to 2001 & 2011, even rock in rio (lisbon 06) wasn't great audio

1 hour ago, Creed said:

Dude, this is not Kid Rock...even impersonators are better than Axl at this point.

Tbf Kid Rock has a decent voice and vocal ability but was much younger than Axl is now there.

And I've rarely hear an Axl impersonator I  think sounds decent.

I do agree it would help to change up how he sings some songs or even parts of songs. In that YCBM it sounds mostly fine but if he switched up to a lower voice for the verses I think it'd sound better and really let him push in the breakdown at the end.

1 hour ago, dando said:

If i doubt use Rock In Rio, which is always a shit show and audio... Id rather watch an iffy GNR gig than Nickleback, yes this was bad on YouTube, was it as bad stood there watching it? Download sounded different stood in a crowd to the selects videos sounded. This isn't great but rio live has always sounded bad, go back to 2001 & 2011, even rock in rio (lisbon 06) wasn't great audio

There's the old issue - 'download sounded different stood in a crowd to the selects videos sounded'. 

It always sounds better when you're at these things- the atmosphere, the fact it's loud so you don't notice etc etc. That's fine-it's a live gig. You're supposed to be enjoying it. 

But there's no getting around the fact the Download show was, at best, very very average. Personally I'd call it 'weak' based on the video. People I've shown it to have laughed out loud at it, sadly. 

It's great if people there enjoyed it....but arguing it was a great show just flies in the face of the audio and visual evidence put before us to see. 

Edited by allwaystired
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

There's the old issue - 'download sounded different stood in a crowd to the selects videos sounded'. 

It always sounds better when you're at these things- the atmosphere, the fact it's loud so you don't notice etc etc. That's fine-it's a live gig. You're supposed to be enjoying it. 

But there's no getting around the fact the Download show was, at best, very very average. Personally I'd call it 'weak' based on the video. People I've shown it to have laughed out loud at it, sadly. 

It's great if people there enjoyed it....but arguing it was a great show just flies in the face of the audio and visual evidence put before us to see. 

Weak? The weak points, definitely YCBM. SCOM and the end of Coma, everything else wasn't bad. Based on a video🙄 its a different sound at a gig than you sat in your bedroom watching YouTube. It wasn't a weak show, it just had weak points

1 hour ago, Creed said:

Sure, its always the sound engineer at Rio who failed. The NITL selects sound slightly better than RiR. They should release stuff from the past (1985-2006). NITL isnt a good portfolio. 

With it being called NITL Selects you've got 0% of anything else, if you want 2006 just watch Rock AM, there's plenty out there, even House Of Blues 01 is a decent gig 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

ahhh.. gotcha.. That would be amazing.. For that fact it will never happen... Out Ta Get Me was consonantly a song that this band kicked ass at and Axl sounded great on for quite awhile... Until right about the time when they rested it.. Axl kind of struggled the last few times they played it. And for that fact, if they do "Select" it, they will probably pick one of the very few performances that Axl struggled.. 

That it’s just amazing. Why won’t they upload some of that and 2016 material where Axl voice was on fire 

2 minutes ago, dando said:

Weak? The weak points, definitely YCBM. SCOM and the end of Coma, everything else wasn't bad. Based on a video🙄 its a different sound at a gig than you sat in your bedroom watching YouTube. It wasn't a weak show, it just had weak points

With it being called NITL Selects you've got 0% of anything else, if you want 2006 just watch Rock AM, there's plenty out there, even House Of Blues 01 is a decent gig 

You've missed my point again- it was weak, as shown by the reaction to the video. Most people who have seen it are at best indifferent. 

As you say it's different when you're there- which is my point.  You get involved, you get sucked in, you don't notice the quality as much. That's normal. 

Based on the video.....people are saying it didn't sound very good. Because it doesn't. Videos highlight the actual quality of the gig as opposed to the atmosphere. 

You can tell people how much you enjoyed it, how good you thought it was WHEN YOU WERE THERE but you won't convince anyone it wasn't an average/weak performance. Because they've seen the performance in a high-quality recording which highlights how they sound and look. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

You've missed my point again- it was weak, as shown by the reaction to the video. Most people who have seen it are at best indifferent. 

As you say it's different when you're there- which is my point.  You get involved, you get sucked in, you don't notice the quality as much. That's normal. 

Based on the video.....people are saying it didn't sound very good. Because it doesn't. Videos highlight the actual quality of the gig as opposed to the atmosphere. 

You can tell people how much you enjoyed it, how good you thought it was WHEN YOU WERE THERE but you won't convince anyone it wasn't an average/weak performance. Because they've seen the performance in a high-quality recording which highlights how they sound and look. 

Watch its so easy from that show and tell me it's weak in any way, Jungle was good, like I said there was probably 3 or 4 poor sounding tracks, the usual ones... There's not been a brilliant sounding gig from start to finish since 16, there's always something weak, usually it was This I Love, then recently Better 

We're never going to get perfection, its an ageing rock band, not a 1992 version 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dando said:

Watch its so easy from that show and tell me it's weak in any way, Jungle was good, like I said there was probably 3 or 4 poor sounding tracks, the usual ones... There's not been a brilliant sounding gig from start to finish since 16, there's always something weak, usually it was This I Love, then recently Better 

We're never going to get perfection, its an ageing rock band, not a 1992 version 

They usually do It's So Easy well. That's standard. 

Look, I get it. You really don't want the gig you were at to be not a very good one.....but ask yourself- why do a forum full of fans opinions on it range from 'meh, it was average' to outright hostility? 

If your answer is 'because they weren't there' then you see my point. 

People are just calling a spade a spade here, based on what they're seeing. No one expects perfection....but they do expect better than this show. 

8 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

They usually do It's So Easy well. That's standard. 

Look, I get it. You really don't want the gig you were at to be not a very good one.....but ask yourself- why do a forum full of fans opinions on it range from 'meh, it was average' to outright hostility? 

If your answer is 'because they weren't there' then you see my point. 

People are just calling a spade a spade here, based on what they're seeing. No one expects perfection....but they do expect better than this show. 

Things will never change with GNR fans, moaning for the sake of moaning.. Nobody including you will change my mind that I saw a good gig there, not great but good! You sat at home wherever it is watching YouTube saying it was bad is pathetic, you've seen footage of half an hour?.. Ive seen worse GNR gigs that have had less hammer, stop complaining for the sake of complaining 

Standard for a bad gig was RIR 2011, absolute disaster from start to finish 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, dando said:

Just listened to above.  Please tell me this is a one off, if not then I just feel sad and frustrated.  Why does Axl carry on if he has lost it or maybe he just doesnt care.  Such a different attitude to the young Axl who, I am sure, would hate this voice.  Sad.

1 minute ago, DurhamGirl said:

Just listened to above.  Please tell me this is a one off, if not then I just feel sad and frustrated.  Why does Axl carry on if he has lost it or maybe he just doesnt care.  Such a different attitude to the young Axl who, I am sure, would hate this voice.  Sad.

It could be attitude, or know that crowds will be there, money rolling in and just turn up and preform? Who knows 

14 minutes ago, dando said:

Things will never change with GNR fans, moaning for the sake of moaning.. Nobody including you will change my mind that I saw a good gig there, not great but good! You sat at home wherever it is watching YouTube saying it was bad is pathetic, you've seen footage of half an hour?.. Ive seen worse GNR gigs that have had less hammer, stop complaining for the sake of complaining 

Standard for a bad gig was RIR 2011, absolute disaster from start to finish 

So you're writing off everyone on this forum who think the NITL footage isn't very good as "complaining for the sake of complaining?" 

Why are people "pathetic" for expressing their views on things? Because they don't think something is good they're "moaning for the sake of moaning?" 

And are you saying that because RIR 2011 was awful that sets some sort of "standard for a bad gig", and unless it's as bad as that fans aren't allowed to comment?! 

With all due respect the "moaning for the sake of moaning" gets trotted out on here any time any fan makes any comment. 

You can say that you liked this show, fine. But telling people they are "pathetic" for saying they thought the performance was average? Take a look at yourself and your attitude there. 

Fans on here HAVE AND WILL CONTINUE to call out this band when they turn in crappy performances where the band look bored and tired and Axl sounds half-arsed. And long may that continue. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

So you're writing off everyone on this forum who think the NITL footage isn't very good as "complaining for the sake of complaining?" 

Why are people "pathetic" for expressing their views on things? Because they don't think something is good they're "moaning for the sake of moaning?" 

And are you saying that because RIR 2011 was awful that sets some sort of "standard for a bad gig", and unless it's as bad as that fans aren't allowed to comment?! 

With all due respect the "moaning for the sake of moaning" gets trotted out on here any time any fan makes any comment. 

You can say that you liked this show, fine. But telling people they are "pathetic" for saying they thought the performance was average? Take a look at yourself and your attitude there. 

Fans on here HAVE AND WILL CONTINUE to call out this band when they turn in crappy performances where the band look bored and tired and Axl sounds half-arsed. And long may that continue. 

When have i said everyone? Stop moaning about stuff, if a new album dropped in an hour you'd have a problem with it

If you've such problems with the way they play, sound and release videos etc... Then why are u here? I'll tell you why, to complain about absolutely anything

I don't know why you're here tbh, like i suggested, to complain about complaining, you're the one with the poor attitude, it stinks.. Ive seen 13 GNR gigs and only one I'd call poor ( Leeds 2010), even Dublin wasn't bad and Axl threw all of his toys out of the pram 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, dando said:

When have i said everyone? Stop moaning about stuff, if a new album dropped in an hour you'd have a problem with it

If you've such problems with the way they play, sound and release videos etc... Then why are u here? I'll tell you why, to complain about absolutely anything

I don't know why you're here tbh, like i suggested, to complain about complaining, you're the one with the poor attitude, it stinks.. Ive seen 13 GNR gigs and only one I'd call poor ( Leeds 2010), even Dublin wasn't bad and Axl threw all of his toys out of the pram 

"Things will never change with GNR fans, moaning for the sake of moaning" - assuming you're referring to, you know, GNR fans there? No? 

I always enjoy the - "if you don't like it why are you here" attitude. Perhaps because 99 per cent of this forum are capable of rational debate? That being a fan doesn't necessarily mean thinking everything the band do is great? That most of the forum can discuss things without calling people "pathetic" for thinking a YouTube video is pretty crappy? 

I could ask the same of you - why are you on a forum where most people aren't happy with the way things are going at the moment couldn't I? It seems to really anger you that people think the Download show footage was at best average, and that people dare express that opinion. A forum full of people expressing that opinion might not be an ideal place to go, blood pressure wise, if that's the case. 

I enjoy the fact too that you think because NITL selects have turned out to be crappy, and the performances they've chosen are pretty lame that I "complain about absolutely everything". Very, very far from it. I'd say I'm one of the more positive posters on here. Stick around a bit- I'm sure you'll come into contact with people who genuinely feel very negative towards the current state of play of the band. 

Edited by allwaystired
  • Like 1

Download wasn't torture, I think the best thing would be to shorten the set, something like 20 tracks or so, all to suit Axl's voice, if that means leaving out tou could be mine & sweet child then so be it.. Do what suits him, and Aerosmith... Yes tyler is still very good 

• Like 1