Jump to content

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, Towelie said:

I am rooting for Slash to leave. It'd be satisfying seeing Axl be the one to get fucked over for a change.

Fuck knows what slash must be thinking when he hears mickey in his inear monitors. I give Axls vocals another 5 years tops.

5 hours ago, El Guapo said:

Axl himself and everybody else in the Guns camp should have realised a long time ago that Axl DOES sound like Mickey most of the time, I don't think these comments should suprise them at all. If that was a problem they should have a) picked better videos where Axl does not sound like that or b) scraped the idea before the first "selects" happened.

Im sure axl knows and if he has no rasp and his chords cannot be saved, then adjust the setlist to cater for his voice. He wont do that and still expects to sing Coma and YCBM. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Riot shields or bust.  

Cant beleive its taken the band 3 months to do this, and Fernando only agreeing to do something like this when told to him directly by the fans. If GNR want to look at being a top tier band this

LARGER! LARGER TEXT!!! I CAN'T READ!!!

3 minutes ago, lame ass security said:

Wow, that's some eye opening stuff. Hell, Axl hardly even registers. 

 

I'd guess he's happy with what he hears on stage and just uses his IEM to hear himself a bit clearer, whereas Duff's IEM has Axl and Frank almost as loud as himself. (There's about 90 mins of Slash's IEM recording from the Osaka 2017 show, and 20-25 mins from Duff's IEM)

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, lame ass security said:

Wow, that's some eye opening stuff. Hell, Axl hardly even registers. 

 

5 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

 

I'd guess he's happy with what he hears on stage and just uses his IEM to hear himself a bit clearer, whereas Duff's IEM has Axl and Frank almost as loud as himself. (There's about 90 mins of Slash's IEM recording from the Osaka 2017 show, and 20-25 mins from Duff's IEM)

Slash has himself loud and axl low thanks for this. All i can hear is alot of breathing.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, NachoLZ said:

Why can't we never get a  great professionally recorded video, like solo Slash ones :( 

release new stuff, playing a nice tour with a fun setlist, release a live dvd. That's what a band does. Everyone has their opinions on the music of Myles Kennedy and Slash. For Guns N 'Roses, 2016 to 2017 would have been enough to celebrate their return. L.A. Dodger Stadium 2016 both nights would be enough material to make a Blu Ray / DVD, in fact they were recorded more than usual.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, t-p-d-a said:

release new stuff, playing a nice tour with a fun setlist, release a live dvd. That's what a band does. Everyone has their opinions on the music of Myles Kennedy and Slash. For Guns N 'Roses, 2016 to 2017 would have been enough to celebrate their return. L.A. Dodger Stadium 2016 both nights would be enough material to make a Blu Ray / DVD, in fact they were recorded more than usual.

Exactly. UYI took 3 years to promote a double album. NITL should have taken two years to promote the reunion, especially when nothing new was included and the world had already been toured by the end of 2017. 2018 and on should have been solely used for work on the new record. 

And I believe they did create something new during 2018-19, but probably way less than they could have. 

Edited by jamillos
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, GnR Chris said:

Slash left on his own accord the first time too. 

I wouldn't be that bothered if he went again tbh, he seemed off his A game in 2018/19, some sloppy solo's and sounding not as good, maybe he's bored.. Nobody knows 

Easy one for Axl, IF slash walks & nobody knows a thing about it... Finck or Bucket return? Or give fortus the lead and call Gilby 

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, dando said:

I wouldn't be that bothered if he went again tbh, he seemed off his A game in 2018/19, some sloppy solo's and sounding not as good, maybe he's bored.. Nobody knows 

Easy one for Axl, IF slash walks & nobody knows a thing about it... Finck or Bucket return? Or give fortus the lead and call Gilby 

If Slash ever leaves again, there will be no more GnR. Axl (TB) unfortunately seems not to care a lot about an ongoing succsess of the band anymore. So why should he suddenly care about it without Slash ? Only to tour with a few puppets ? Never !  If you like it or not, Slash carries a lot of the b(r)and these days.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, EricA said:

If Slash ever leaves again, there will be no more GnR. Axl (TB) unfortunately seems not to care a lot about an ongoing succsess of the band anymore. So why should he suddenly care about it without Slash ? Only to tour with a few puppets ? Never !  If you like it or not, Slash carries a lot of the b(r)and these days.

Axl will carry on forever with Guns, Slash left before, nobody knows he's off again.. Its easy money playing with Guns so why would he go?  Guns carried on before and would if it happened again 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, dando said:

Axl will carry on forever with Guns, Slash left before, nobody knows he's off again.. Its easy money playing with Guns so why would he go?  Guns carried on before and would if it happened again 

I doubt, and i hope that we'll never have to find out.

Edited by EricA
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, dando said:

Axl will carry on forever with Guns, Slash left before, nobody knows he's off again.. Its easy money playing with Guns so why would he go?  Guns carried on before and would if it happened again 

Slash leaving would probably mean the end of GNR, because the casuals wouldn't buy tickets if they knew he was gone - and the only option for Axl would be getting back to Up Close and Personal stuff and the likes. Even if he hired someone like Zakk Wylde, they'd never get the numbers again, not to mention that Slash is essential for the sound and spirit of a real GNR record. So unless we're talking about getting back to ChinDem era and releasing CD II / leftovers, there's no way Guns could continue - at least not on this scale - without the top hat man, especially with Axl's worsening form...

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

If Slash was to go, that would be the end of the band, without a doubt. 

They struggled hugely before in terms of sales, with many tickets for the later tours being given away free. The only attraction for a lot of people then was that it WAS GNR (i.e. it was that or nothing). Now every casual fan that is even remotely interested has seen them with Slash, there's not a chance in hell they'd pay again. 

They're not really paying again WITH Slash (they've ticked that box and moved on now), so without him the band wouldn't be a viable commercial concern anymore I don't think. There would be no selling point whatsoever. 

EDIT: Not that I can see him going at any point anyway. There would be no reason to leave, other than boredom, but I'mm sure the money coming in outweighs the boredom. 

Edited by allwaystired
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Slash leaving would probably mean the end of GNR, because the casuals wouldn't buy tickets if they knew he was gone - and the only option for Axl would be getting back to Up Close and Personal stuff and the likes. Even if he hired someone like Zakk Wylde, they'd never get the numbers again, not to mention that Slash is essential for the sound and spirit of a real GNR record. So unless we're talking about getting back to ChinDem era and releasing CD II / leftovers, there's no way Guns could continue - at least not on this scale - without the top hat man, especially with Axl's worsening form...

That. And I doubt that Axl has the passion, for lack of better word, to build it up again and carrying it on with him and his worsening voice being the only focal point of the show. If Slash leaves, Axl will pack it in.

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, dando said:

Axl will carry on forever with Guns, Slash left before, nobody knows he's off again.. Its easy money playing with Guns so why would he go?  Guns carried on before and would if it happened again 

Slash left before. Axl felt he had something to prove. There was fire. That fire is gone. Slash leaves. Axl closes up shop. It's not 25 years ago.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Slash leaving again would be hugely damaging to GNR as a brand. It'd set GNR back to a worse footing than 2014 but I think Axl would keep chugging along even if only for financial reasons. 

Personally think it'd be better for Axl to go solo, but I think even a nu-nu-nu GNR would be able to play theatres/arenas.

However I massively doubt Slash would consider leaving. The guys seem happy playing together. Slash and Duff have other projects to put music out on and Axl has put GNR back into the big leagues.

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Slash leaving would probably mean the end of GNR, because the casuals wouldn't buy tickets if they knew he was gone - and the only option for Axl would be getting back to Up Close and Personal stuff and the likes. Even if he hired someone like Zakk Wylde, they'd never get the numbers again, not to mention that Slash is essential for the sound and spirit of a real GNR record. So unless we're talking about getting back to ChinDem era and releasing CD II / leftovers, there's no way Guns could continue - at least not on this scale - without the top hat man, especially with Axl's worsening form...

It's all hypothetical but, If he left again, Duff is still around.. Axl would still fill arena's definitely in Europe, no idea about the U.S having only been to one there, Slash & Myles wouldn't fill the arena's that Guns minus slash would... Lets hope he stays, absolutely nothing suggests he's off

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Gordon Comstock changed the title to NITL live videos on youtube
  • downzy locked this topic
  • downzy unlocked this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...