Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Riot shields or bust.  

Cant beleive its taken the band 3 months to do this, and Fernando only agreeing to do something like this when told to him directly by the fans. If GNR want to look at being a top tier band this

LARGER! LARGER TEXT!!! I CAN'T READ!!!

18 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Slash left before. Axl felt he had something to prove. There was fire. That fire is gone. Slash leaves. Axl closes up shop. It's not 25 years ago.

Axl would carry on, There's easy options for him... Fans opinions dont matter at all, he's Finck, Ashba, even fortus could go to lead, I know none are ideal but it's easy 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, dando said:

Axl would carry on, There's easy options for him... Fans opinions dont matter at all, he's Finck, Ashba, even fortus could go to lead, I know none are ideal but it's easy 

Fans opinions matter, if he doesn't get asses in seats. And now he knows he has Slash carrying the biggest load of the show. He has Duff carrying another load of the show. It's not all him. With all the clowns back in the band, it's back to all focus on him and him having to carry the show, with a voice that gets worse instead of better. And I do not believe that he would be content going from playing in stadiums back to playing in front of a couple of hundreds in theaters.

14 minutes ago, dando said:

It's all hypothetical but, If he left again, Duff is still around.. Axl would still fill arena's definitely in Europe, no idea about the U.S having only been to one there, Slash & Myles wouldn't fill the arena's that Guns minus slash would... Lets hope he stays, absolutely nothing suggests he's off

Axl wasn't filling arenas anymore in Europe in 2012. He had good sized crowds, but far from being close to sold out. By now everyone and their mama had the chance to see the real deal. A bucket list item. Why settle for Axl and the aliens?

Edited by PatrickS77
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

I think Slash leaving again would be hugely damaging to GNR as a brand. It'd set GNR back to a worse footing than 2014 but I think Axl would keep chugging along even if only for financial reasons.

Except, finanically he doesn't need to. He is better off than ever. Set for this life and the next one. Financially there is absolutely no reason for him to carry on.

Link to post
Share on other sites

There is no way Slash leaves. Why would he? He gets to play his old hits and travel the world while raking in the dough. In between, he creates new music and tours with his friends in SMKC. He's got it made.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Fans opinions matter, if he doesn't get asses in seats. And now he knows he has Slash carrying the biggest load of the show. He has Duff carrying another load of the show. It's not all him. With all the clowns back in the band, it's back to all focus on him and him having to carry the show, with a voice that gets worse instead of better. And I do not believe that he would be content going from playing in stadiums back to playing in front of a couple of hundreds in theaters.

Axl wasn't filling arenas anymore in Europe in 2012. He had good sized crowds, but far from being close to sold out. By now everyone and their mama had the chance to see the real deal. A bucket list item. Why settle for Axl and the aliens?

Get ready for being told how he did sell out and how the Arenas were packed.......

Just now, DTV88 said:

There is no way Slash leaves. Why would he? He gets to play his old hits and travel the world while raking in the dough. In between, he creates new music and tours with his friends in SMKC. He's got it made.

I'm of this view for sure. He's got a sweet deal, as long as he doesn't rock the boat......which he isn't! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Except, finanically he doesn't need to. He is better off than ever. Set for this life and the next one. Financially there is absolutely no reason for him to carry on.

completely alright with u. All the big 3 have enought money to 3 more life !!! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Except, finanically he doesn't need to. He is better off than ever. Set for this life and the next one. Financially there is absolutely no reason for him to carry on.

Didn't know you were his accountant. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Get ready for being told how he did sell out and how the Arenas were packed.......

I'm of this view for sure. He's got a sweet deal, as long as he doesn't rock the boat......which he isn't! 

Yeah. It's that poster again. ;)

Slash would be stupid to fuck that up. He's having the best of both worlds right now, after seeing strangers ride his legacy for 2 decades.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GNR_RNR said:

The band get a fraction of that. 

None of them will be hard up in any capacity but that's been true since the 80's.

Not if you listened to Axl and Duff, who claim their previous mega tour lost them money and touring with Nu-Guns in part was to get out of debt. And even a fraction of 500 mio. divided by 3 is a high 2 digit fraction.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheDemocracyRose said:

They will end this together...

That's for sure.. The question is: Will they tell us when the band ends or will they just stop doing anything and don't communicate their retirement? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Fans opinions matter, if he doesn't get asses in seats. And now he knows he has Slash carrying the biggest load of the show. He has Duff carrying another load of the show. It's not all him. With all the clowns back in the band, it's back to all focus on him and him having to carry the show, with a voice that gets worse instead of better. And I do not believe that he would be content going from playing in stadiums back to playing in front of a couple of hundreds in theaters.

Axl wasn't filling arenas anymore in Europe in 2012. He had good sized crowds, but far from being close to sold out. By now everyone and their mama had the chance to see the real deal. A bucket list item. Why settle for Axl and the aliens?

So 2012, Belfast, Dublin, Manchester, Birmingham and Barcelona that i went to... All near enough sold out, none of these we're poorly attended.. People turned out... Everyone's banging on like Slash has left.. Where's the dumb idea come from anyway?  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, StayofExecution2020 said:

91/92

That's why they added another cycle in 93 without the big band so they can make some money

Exactly. Even though I tend to take that with a bit of grain of salt. I can't really believe that they didn't make any money in '91/'92. But then again, compared to now, tickets back then cost nothing (even though people were still complaining about ticket prices), so maybe it is true.

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, dando said:

So 2012, Belfast, Dublin, Manchester, Birmingham and Barcelona that i went to... All near enough sold out, none of these we're poorly attended.. People turned out...

Very true.

Nu-GNR wasn't a instant venue sell out act but they toured arenas pretty comfortably in most of the  world. Especially impressive considering that (to this day) GNR seem to hate committing to bringing along good support acts for a tour.

 

6 minutes ago, StayofExecution2020 said:

91/92

That's why they added another cycle in 93 without the big band so they can make some money

Yeah that's what I remember the Skin N' Bones tour being referred to as in Slash's book (I think).

1 minute ago, PatrickS77 said:

Exactly. Even though I tend to take that with a bit of grain of salt. I can't really believe that they didn't make any money in '91/'92. But then again, compared to now, tickets back then cost nothing (even though people were still complaining about ticket prices), so maybe it is true.

Yeah it might seem crazy but looking at how cheap tickets used to be and the scale of the partying I can believe it.

They must've made a fortune on album sales though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

Very true.

Nu-GNR wasn't a instant venue sell out act but they toured arenas pretty comfortably in most of the  world. Especially impressive considering that (to this day) GNR seem to hate committing to bringing along good support acts for a tour.

They must've made a fortune on album sales though.

Well, the one arena I saw in Basel in 2012, the upper level was quite empty. Mönchengladbach didn't fare much better, I was told. And the Oslo show I saw in 2010 also wasn't close to a sell out.

Yeah. The albums saved them back in the day.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Exactly. Even though I tend to take that with a bit of grain of salt. I can't really believe that they didn't make any money in '91/'92. But then again, compared to now, tickets back then cost nothing (even though people were still complaining about ticket prices), so maybe it is true.

They did make quite some money, but their managers pissed it away without the boys realizing, and all the late-start charges weren't insignificant either. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Exactly. Even though I tend to take that with a bit of grain of salt. I can't really believe that they didn't make any money in '91/'92. But then again, compared to now, tickets back then cost nothing (even though people were still complaining about ticket prices), so maybe it is true.

Oh, they were probably blowing out cash left right and centre! I think it's highly likely they were spending more than they were earning. This was the era before ticket prices went bonkers. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, jamillos said:

They did make quite some money, but their managers pissed it away without the boys realizing, and all the late-start charges weren't insignificant either. 

So they shouldn't say "we didn't make any money", they should say "we were too stupid to keep all the money we made". ;)

11 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Oh, they were probably blowing out cash left right and centre! I think it's highly likely they were spending more than they were earning. This was the era before ticket prices went bonkers. 

Yeah. We are way to late to go to so many concerts. I could have seen half of the tour with the money I spent on this tour. :P

Edited by PatrickS77
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Well, the one arena I saw in Basel in 2012, the upper level was quite empty. Mönchengladbach didn't fare much better, I was told. And the Oslo show I saw in 2010 also wasn't close to a sell out.

Yeah. The albums saved them back in the day.

Absolutely not all shows were sellouts. But they sold well enough.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Gordon Comstock changed the title to NITL live videos on youtube
  • downzy locked this topic
  • downzy unlocked this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...