• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Riot shields or bust.  

Cant beleive its taken the band 3 months to do this, and Fernando only agreeing to do something like this when told to him directly by the fans. If GNR want to look at being a top tier band this

LARGER! LARGER TEXT!!! I CAN'T READ!!!

22 minutes ago, dallasgnrfan said:

The model has changed-- in '91-'93 you toured to boost album sales as album sales was the main profit driver for the band.  Now it is the other way around, with tours being the bigger profit driver, hence the largely inflated ticket prices. 

We should have continued to buy albums. :facepalm:;)

• Like 3
1 hour ago, dallasgnrfan said:

The model has changed-- in '91-'93 you toured to boost album sales as album sales was the main profit driver for the band.  Now it is the other way around, with tours being the bigger profit driver, hence the largely inflated ticket prices.

Yep, tickets have just picked up the slack where albums used to be.

1 hour ago, PatrickS77 said:

Unironically yes.

Music being worthless and ticket prices being sky high is truly the worst timeline.

2 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

So they shouldn't say "we didn't make any money", they should say "we were too stupid to keep all the money we made". ;)

I believe that's what either Slash or Duff said in their book. That the managers were partying for their money, and they didn't know. Plus the fees. 

12 hours ago, dando said:

Axl will carry on forever with Guns, Slash left before, nobody knows he's off again.. Its easy money playing with Guns so why would he go?  Guns carried on before and would if it happened again 

I bet they wont be playing arenas or stadiums. What would axl do ask ashba to come back?.

7 hours ago, jamillos said:

I believe that's what either Slash or Duff said in their book. That the managers were partying for their money, and they didn't know. Plus the fees. 

It think the majority of the money went on axls after show parties, band day off days out and i thought the odd fine if they played late if there was curfews?.

The only thing slash matt and duff would buy on tour was probably liquor and drugs. I think they had low spending habits.

8 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

I really need to learn how, when and who in the industry changed the whole model.

Edited by Sydney Fan
10 hours ago, StayofExecution2020 said:

91/92

That's why they added another cycle in 93 without the big band so they can make some money

And so someone according to slash in his book, could afford their mult million dollar malibu home.

7 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

I really need to learn how, when and who in the industry changed the whole model.

1) Greed, 2) in the 90s, 3) the recording companies, producers, and all the other sharks who made an album cost a teenager a fortune, while the actual artist got like 10% of the price or whatever. I believe if the records cost like a half, a lot of people still would have been buying them back then. It's different now, with all the streaming etc., never to be the same. Basically the same debate as with burning and later downloading CDs and why. 
I remember Axl saying he reckoned two people would buy the UYI double album: each would buy one and copy the other one. Try suggesting something like this today...

Greed. The answer to everything. 

8 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

I bet they wont be playing arenas or stadiums. What would axl do ask ashba to come back?.

Pass... Him, Finck, bumble etc all know the tracks, hopefully Slash stays... There's absolutely nothing but someone asking what if at this point 

25 minutes ago, dando said:

Different sized arena's, the 3k place we saw slash wasn't the 20k arena we saw Guns 

Just because you didn't saw SMKC in a big arena it doesn't mean they didn't played them.

Stop spreading lies

• Like 1
57 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

Just because you didn't saw SMKC in a big arena it doesn't mean they didn't played them.

Stop spreading lies

I know the size of the place i saw Slash in... And it was probably 8 times smaller than the Arena... FACT... Myles & Slash have no pull at all for me, small band, unknown dreary songs from a terrible frontman... Gnr of 2006 / 10 / 12 always outsold slash in numbers through the door at a gig 

1 hour ago, Free Bird said:

Stop spreading lies

Exactly. They both played the same arena in Basel, Switzerland, 3 years apart, and both were not sold out.

Just now, dando said:

I know the size of the place i saw Slash in... And it was probably 8 times smaller than the Arena... FACT... Myles & Slash have no pull at all for me, small band, unknown dreary songs from a terrible frontman... Gnr of 2006 / 10 / 12 always outsold slash in numbers through the door at a gig 

Yes. You don't give a shit about them. That much is clear by now. That permeats and influences all your mentionings and opinions about them. 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Exactly. They both played the same arena in Basel, Switzerland, 3 years apart, and both were not sold out.

Yes. You don't give a shit about them. That much is clear by now. That permeats and influences all your mentionings and opinions about them. 

One gig in Switzerland or a full UK tour, probably 5/6 nights or so with pretty much sold out arena's are 2 different things... Go to a myles forum then if their the big band.. The band aren't bad, the frontman is... Weak as piss 

10 minutes ago, dando said:

Never denied that. I saw them in a club with other 2499 people. That doesn't change the fact that they played big packt arenas in Europe as example on Poland.

1 minute ago, Free Bird said:

Never denied that. I saw them in a club with other 2499 people. That doesn't change the fact that they played big packt arenas in Europe as example on Poland.

The point im trying to make is filling one arena per country in mainland Europe isn't hard.. Usually one show per country, the 2010/12 GNR lineup played a tour if 5/6 shows in the UK,Not one gig... Pretty much sold out arena's... Apart from one argumentative weird Austrian know it all... That cant be denied 

Filling one arena per country isn't hard, filling several on a tour in one country is more of a deal 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, dando said:

The point im trying to make is filling one arena per country in mainland Europe isn't hard.. Usually one show per country, the 2010/12 GNR lineup played a tour if 5/6 shows in the UK,Not one gig... Pretty much sold out arena's... Apart from one argumentative weird Austrian know it all... That cant be denied 

Filling one arena per country isn't hard, filling several on a tour in one country is more of a deal 

Whatever, psychic loser.

11 minutes ago, dando said:

That's not what you were saying. Besides, no... GNR 2010/12 didn't sell out anything.

• Haha 2
  • Gordon Comstock changed the title to NITL live videos on youtube
  • downzy locked this topic
  • downzy unlocked this topic