NITL live videos on youtube

Well that was great. I'll go to bat for that video! The difference between that and the dreadful Download festival one is really really stark. Everything is better- but mostly it's the tightness and the energy that these performances had that is most noticeable. 

The whole concept is still 'unusual' in the GNR way of course- us being told there would be more NITL Selects videos, then this appearing out of the blue with minimal notice and the strange decision to merge songs from two random different shows....but I enjoyed this massively. 

I liked the filming- very few shots of the crowd is a good thing, as no one wants a reminder of how chunky, old and 'un rock n'roll' they all look compared to the hungry crowds of the 80s and 90s. So yeah....well filmed, band tight, performance great! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, allwaystired said:

Well that was great. I'll go to bat for that video! The difference between that and the dreadful Download festival one is really really stark. Everything is better- but mostly it's the tightness and the energy that these performances had that is most noticeable. 

The whole concept is still 'unusual' in the GNR way of course- us being told there would be more NITL Selects videos, then this appearing out of the blue with minimal notice and the strange decision to merge songs from two random different shows....but I enjoyed this massively. 

I liked the filming- very few shots of the crowd is a good thing, as no one wants a reminder of how chunky, old and 'un rock n'roll' they all look compared to the hungry crowds of the 80s and 90s. So yeah....well filmed, band tight, performance great! 

OTGM was unreal - there was a definite fire with the band....maybe because it was getting filmed??

I did think the camera angles on NR were odd - too much time zoomed out but that’s just nitpicking by me....based on the bootleg videos and this official one....Houston 2016 needs released in full officially. No doubt.

I wouldn’t have included new rose but that’s just me and the picture quality was great but for me at least the audio level was low at points but towards the end it was turned up and was superb. It also showed that Melissa is actually singing backup vocals and not just dancing. coma was great. 

1 minute ago, UncleJosh said:

Ok so this is weird. I think the audio issue was due to the stream.  I downloaded the video and while the stream topped out at 720p for me the dl was 1080p and I just relistened to Out Ta Get Me and there was no level change in the audio at all.

I’d hoped that would be the case that when uploaded it would be ‘fixed’ :headbang:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

OTGM was unreal - there was a definite fire with the band....maybe because it was getting filmed??

I did think the camera angles on NR were odd - too much time zoomed out but that’s just nitpicking by me....based on the bootleg videos and this official one....Houston 2016 needs released in full officially. No doubt.

Absolutely. Stick that full Houston show on a DVD/Blu-ray, package it up with audio CDs of the show and it's job done. An easy buy for me. 

Positives - they've actually released them. The sound mix is very good, almost professional sounding. 

Negatives - Bubble has been burst about Axl sounding good in 2016. sure he sounds better than 17-20, out ta get me he sounds really good actually. but compare this to 2010 or 2006, he's a shadow of then. Acdc he sounded great, but starting to believe we will never get a good live vocal guns n roses show again. Band sounded pretty good though. RIP Axls live vocal, now release some NEW MUSIC

3 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

Positives - they've actually released them. The sound mix is very good, almost professional sounding. 

Negatives - Bubble has been burst about Axl sounding good in 2016. sure he sounds better than 17-20, out ta get me he sounds really good actually. but compare this to 2010 or 2006, he's a shadow of then. Acdc he sounded great, but starting to believe we will never get a good live vocal guns n roses show again. Band sounded pretty good though. RIP Axls live vocal, now release some NEW MUSIC

There is footage of Houston 2016 ‘out there’ with pretty much every song available as a bootleg and Rocket Queen etc all sound great - RQ is not quite 2010 but better than 2012....there was definitely a spell in 2016 where he was strong. IMO anyway 😂.

• Like 1

On 7/21/2020 at 1:01 AM, DurhamGirl said:

I wondered how Slash felt about Axl's voice, he doesnt listen to it.  What I dont understand is Axl himself and how he feels abouut it, surely he must know how bad he can sound or maybe he just doesnt care anymore.

I doubt Slash is concerned with Axl’s voice. Slash described the tour as “surreal” and spoke in highly positive way, so I’m sure he is fucking thrilled to be in GNR, his band, playing his songs. Plus, and I’m just speculating, but I think all the band members are happy the legacy of GNR will end with original members representing the music.

• Like 1

If anyone has listened to Slash's IEM recordings, he doesn't even have Axl in the mix barely. I think Slash cares about his own playing and doesn't worry about much else.  I don't think he is one to watch or listen back to shows after the fact either so doubt he knows or cares much about how Axl sounds.

• Like 2