NITL live videos on youtube

2 hours ago, ToonGuns said:

This vid and thread are keeping me entertained while waiting. Woke up early at 6.30 this morning to get down to my record store for Record Store day, arrived at 7.15 and already a fucking huge queue, incredible. Doubt my main wanted purchase (Mansun) will have any copies left. Will pick up some jazz instead I think. Will watch the NITL properly when I get home. 

And on the subject of RSD - Guns should totally do this.

I suggested to Fernando that the extra vinyl could be split from AFD box (b-sides/Sound City) for RSD after someone asked if they would be individually available. He had replied to that person to say there were no plans at that time and I said RSD would be perfect. I have the LNL box so have the vinyl anyway but don’t care for ‘exclusivities’ and wouldn’t feel cheated if they were available separately....everyone should have the chance to have them!!??

1 hour ago, Dean said:

There’s something about Axl’s tone during the Mexico shows. November Rain sounds brilliant with the mid voice he uses and the other that stands out is Estranged. I dunno if it’s still on YouTube but check it out if possible and you’ll hear what I mean.

Houston, what can I say? I have no problem. The GOAT.

I also ate too much Pizza and drank too much beer last night as I’ve woken up with a face like a smacked arse.

😂

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

1 hour ago, SMG said:

Why do the audio levels fluctuate so much?

In Out Ta Get me the song literally doubles in volume half way through.

I'll say it again, all this effort, all that production, all that artistry, to be NULLIFIED at the final hurdle due to AWFUL post-editing work....and then they click upload. Crap.

I’m sure someone said the downloaded the video and the volume issue was sorted??

Ok had a proper chance to watch this now. Thoughts...

ADVERTS - seriously what the fuck. Time them between songs. I literally got an advert WITHIN THE LAST BAR OF COMA (litrrally just before "memories to survive"), total mood killer.

New Rose - okay. Not much else to say.

My Michelle - was the sound off for anyone else, i.e. a slight delay? The screen was c. 0.5 of a second ahead of the sound. Either that or they had rerecorded parts.

Coma - amazing. My only slight gripe is that Frank was rushing the tempo a touch near the start, and I thought I heard a duff chord (I.e. a wrong chord, not duff) from Richard during the solo.

This I Love - good vocal, considering how complex and difficult it is. I doubt anyone in the world could do it justice with the same levels of rasp. Maybe dropping it a key would help. The kick-in during the second pre-chorus was epic. I don't mind the noodly solo, but I can see how noodling would result in a hit or miss result. Slash really needs to work something out a bit more structured if they play this song again. 

Out To Get Me - as many have said before, appalling QC with the sound volume jumping mid way through the track. Be warned if listening on headphones! The soft female backing vocals which work well on some songs diminish the anguish of this song (never noticed this live before). Axl on fire. Great version.

November Rain - at one point this was my favourite GnR song. Now I'm just a bit bored of it. However this was a good version.

Finally - love Slash's t-shirts.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, ToonGuns said:

Ok had a proper chance to watch this now. Thoughts...

ADVERTS - seriously what the fuck. Time them between songs. I literally got an advert WITHIN THE LAST BAR OF COMA (litrrally just before "memories to survive"), total mood killer.

New Rose - okay. Not much else to say.

My Michelle - was the sound off for anyone else, i.e. a slight delay? The screen was c. 0.5 of a second ahead of the sound. Either that or they had rerecorded parts.

Coma - amazing. My only slight gripe is that Frank was rushing the tempo a touch near the start, and I thought I heard a duff chord (I.e. a wrong chord, not duff) from Richard during the solo.

This I Love - good vocal, considering how complex and difficult it is. I doubt anyone in the world could do it justice with the same levels of rasp. Maybe dropping it a key would help. The kick-in during the second pre-chorus was epic. I don't mind the noodly solo, but I can see how noodling would result in a hit or miss result. Slash really needs to work something out a bit more structured if they play this song again. 

Out To Get Me - as many have said before, appalling QC with the sound volume jumping mid way through the track. Be warned if listening on headphones! The soft female backing vocals which work well on some songs diminish the anguish of this song (never noticed this live before). Axl on fire. Great version.

November Rain - at one point this was my favourite GnR song. Now I'm just a bit bored of it. However this was a good version.

Finally - love Slash's t-shirts.

Also got an advert at the moment in Coma.

39 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

I suggested to Fernando that the extra vinyl could be split from AFD box (b-sides/Sound City) for RSD after someone asked if they would be individually available. He had replied to that person to say there were no plans at that time and I said RSD would be perfect. 

That is an excellent idea.

8 minutes ago, ToonGuns said:

That is an excellent idea.

Some folk would be annoyed I guess at losing the exclusivity - I genuinely couldn’t care less 😂. They were selling the rings and extras etc separately so stands to reason there must be vinyls kicking about.

And the boost it would give local record stores - people would be queuing BIGTIME to get their hands on them....and then picking up other stuff while in the shop.  He has a Q&A thread on Reddit - I’ll fire off another suggestion...what’s the worst that can happen! 😂

I really wish they had done OTGM and My Michelle from the Cincinnati show with Steven. That was the best performance of those 2 songs from the whole tour.

I'll watch the whole video in the morning but so far it seems like they didn't do anything to improve the mix (still has the blanket over the speakers sound) and I really wish they would slow down, specifically Coma. It sounds way too rushed.

• Like 2

Just now, MaskingApathy said:

I really wish they had done OTGM and My Michelle from the Cincinnati show with Steven. That was the best performance of those 2 songs from the whole tour.

I'll watch the whole video in the morning but so far it seems like they didn't do anything to improve the mix (still has the blanket over the speakers sound) and I really wish they would slow down, specifically Coma. It sounds way too rushed.

Agree re the tempos - it’s an easy fix so don’t know why they have it quicker.

I was just thinking - do we think the mix/quality has anything to do with the proposed live release that’s due? I mean - we can all rip the stuff off YouTube and make our own so if we can do that with A+ sound....where’s the ‘appetite’ for people to buy an official release? Maybe that’s why it’s not A+ quality for these videos (other bands may not take the same approach - MetallicAs stuff is always mixed well regardless of the medium). Just a thought - could be just tin-hat stuff....😂

14 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

Agree re the tempos - it’s an easy fix so don’t know why they have it quicker.

I was just thinking - do we think the mix/quality has anything to do with the proposed live release that’s due? I mean - we can all rip the stuff off YouTube and make our own so if we can do that with A+ sound....where’s the ‘appetite’ for people to buy an official release? Maybe that’s why it’s not A+ quality for these videos (other bands may not take the same approach - MetallicAs stuff is always mixed well regardless of the medium). Just a thought - could be just tin-hat stuff....😂

Idk I'm not sure that has anything to do with the mix. I think they're just being lazy and using a board mix instead of redoing it from scratch.

3 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

Idk I'm not sure that has anything to do with the mix. I think they're just being lazy and using a board mix instead of redoing it from scratch.

Could be - as I say, it could just be me and conspiracy theory stuff 😂

I like that you can really hear the synth work at the ending of 'This I Love'.

That video of 'Out Ta Get Me' is amazing. Band on fire, they all look cool. (Just needs the audio spike sorted, they should be able to do that without taking the video down by contacting YouTube).

Coma was basically the best possible version we could ask for. (Honestly comparable to any 90's performance)

Hope we get WTTJ in the next selects (Alongside maybe KOHD?).

This video shows that 2016 will produce better clips, so hopefully they stick with that. I'd say mostly take performances from 2016 and add songs that were added at a later date (SOYL, Dead Horse, Locomotive etc)

1 hour ago, DTJ80 said:

Some folk would be annoyed I guess at losing the exclusivity - I genuinely couldn’t care less 😂. They were selling the rings and extras etc separately so stands to reason there must be vinyls kicking about.

And the boost it would give local record stores - people would be queuing BIGTIME to get their hands on them....and then picking up other stuff while in the shop.  He has a Q&A thread on Reddit - I’ll fire off another suggestion...what’s the worst that can happen! 😂

No it's a good idea. You could still make it exclusive. I picked up a Dio vinyl this morning limited to 300 units globally. Amd I supported a local father / daughter business who now have £80 of my money, and I have excellent limited edition vinyls by Brian Eno, The Who and Dio.

Re: the adverts. I saw a tip in the YouTube comments section to skip to the end of the video and then hit replay to lose them. It costs them earnings, I guess, but the way the ads have been clumsily placed makes it their own fault. It’s not a coincidence the ads come in after the songs have started or are about to end, it’s a mistake by whoever’s responsible.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ToonGuns said:

No it's a good idea. You could still make it exclusive. I picked up a Dio vinyl this morning limited to 300 units globally. Amd I supported a local father / daughter business who now have £80 of my money, and I have excellent limited edition vinyls by Brian Eno, The Who and Dio.

Awesome - I picked up a few gems in the past on RSD.....Rush’s Cygnus EP, Alice in Chains EP spring to mind. Good on you for   supporting them. 👍

17 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Just watched this again......

That OTGM sound issue is still there- the quality improves significantly half way through. 

Also....I'm damn glad I watched it live. Those adverts are ridiculous, thrown in mid song! My GF said "watching this is like your Mum walking in while you're having a wank and asking you what you want for your tea"! 

Use adblocker 

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/adblock-—-best-ad-blocker/gighmmpiobklfepjocnamgkkbiglidom

Edited by Gibbo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Just watched this again......

That OTGM sound issue is still there- the quality improves significantly half way through. 

Also....I'm damn glad I watched it live. Those adverts are ridiculous, thrown in mid song! My GF said "watching this is like your Mum walking in while you're having a wank and asking you what you want for your tea"! 

😂