Jump to content

NITL live videos on youtube


Recommended Posts

2016 was in my opinion one of the great years for GNR ever since 1993.  I truly hope there is a way for Axl to return to that level and while under quarantine has figured out how, because to me 2016 compared to now is like a night and day thing

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeeeeaaaa!  Thankyou who ever arranged this, communication in this bleak period was needed.   Axl sounds soooo good and looks really into it and happy even though sitting on a 'throne'.   They are the greatest band in the world here, how wonderful to have been there.:heart:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

New Rose was good, but I find Duff to be fairly consistent in his performances :D My Michelle was a lil airy in spots but still infinitely better than I could do! Great performance from Axl. Coma was an absolute listening pleasure. This I Love: I prefer Slash's solo on the Houston version but I'm super glad they aren't ignoring TIL, it's a personal favourite of mine. Out Ta Get Me: I wish to the gods above that we could have seen the Cincinnati version with Stephen but ah well. November Rain...I find it absolutely disgusting that Team Brazil thought it was acceptable to skip out on 'dling dling what the fuck was that!?'

Great stuff overall!

7 minutes ago, DurhamGirl said:

What is it with the crowds, are Americans more subdued (no offence meant just genuinly curious).

I've noticed they are, and not just with guns. South American crowds seem to be much more mobile (see AC/DC Live at River Plate), but I imagine as a result that that makes NA crowds safer to be in :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This vid and thread are keeping me entertained while waiting. Woke up early at 6.30 this morning to get down to my record store for Record Store day, arrived at 7.15 and already a fucking huge queue, incredible. Doubt my main wanted purchase (Mansun) will have any copies left. Will pick up some jazz instead I think. Will watch the NITL properly when I get home. 

And on the subject of RSD - Guns should totally do this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Houston, finally. A huge improvement from the last series, the best so far. A quick recap for this time:
1. Shots of Dizzy and Melissa — wow, they are in the band actually! 
2. Sound is still mediocre, the audience is barely heard and during OTGM there were level fluctuations (how is it even possible of professional level?)
3. ...however I liked cinematography and editing during Houston show with its long and always close up shots — give as the full show!
4. And, of course, we finally got Axl in form for the whole video.  
5. It was a little boring to watch Axl sitting and these static long-range shots from Mexico... Well, as for me, I don't need more shows of spring 2016 (at least on video).

Well, I think it would be an obvious logic, that if you can't mix it properly, then give us at least a proper image with large stadiums and decent play from Axl — therefore, we need more from 2016. And that is gonna be my prayer for Fernando, tell him please, if you gonna cross by. 

And well, now we know that there is a Houston footage (I mean, its existence was obvious, but we've just got a piece of actual evidence), so give us Houston. I am even ready to pay for it.

 

 

Edited by nikothebellic
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Why do the audio levels fluctuate so much?

In Out Ta Get me the song literally doubles in volume half way through.

I'll say it again, all this effort, all that production, all that artistry, to be NULLIFIED at the final hurdle due to AWFUL post-editing work....and then they click upload. Crap.

Edited by SMG
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

There’s something about Axl’s tone during the Mexico shows. November Rain sounds brilliant with the mid voice he uses and the other that stands out is Estranged. I dunno if it’s still on YouTube but check it out if possible and you’ll hear what I mean.

Houston, what can I say? I have no problem. The GOAT.

I also ate too much Pizza and drank too much beer last night as I’ve woken up with a face like a smacked arse.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ToonGuns said:

This vid and thread are keeping me entertained while waiting. Woke up early at 6.30 this morning to get down to my record store for Record Store day, arrived at 7.15 and already a fucking huge queue, incredible. Doubt my main wanted purchase (Mansun) will have any copies left. Will pick up some jazz instead I think. Will watch the NITL properly when I get home. 

And on the subject of RSD - Guns should totally do this.

I suggested to Fernando that the extra vinyl could be split from AFD box (b-sides/Sound City) for RSD after someone asked if they would be individually available. He had replied to that person to say there were no plans at that time and I said RSD would be perfect. I have the LNL box so have the vinyl anyway but don’t care for ‘exclusivities’ and wouldn’t feel cheated if they were available separately....everyone should have the chance to have them!!??

1 hour ago, Dean said:

There’s something about Axl’s tone during the Mexico shows. November Rain sounds brilliant with the mid voice he uses and the other that stands out is Estranged. I dunno if it’s still on YouTube but check it out if possible and you’ll hear what I mean.

Houston, what can I say? I have no problem. The GOAT.

I also ate too much Pizza and drank too much beer last night as I’ve woken up with a face like a smacked arse.

😂

  • Like 2
  • GNFNR 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SMG said:

Why do the audio levels fluctuate so much?

In Out Ta Get me the song literally doubles in volume half way through.

I'll say it again, all this effort, all that production, all that artistry, to be NULLIFIED at the final hurdle due to AWFUL post-editing work....and then they click upload. Crap.

I’m sure someone said the downloaded the video and the volume issue was sorted??

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ok had a proper chance to watch this now. Thoughts...

ADVERTS - seriously what the fuck. Time them between songs. I literally got an advert WITHIN THE LAST BAR OF COMA (litrrally just before "memories to survive"), total mood killer.

New Rose - okay. Not much else to say.

My Michelle - was the sound off for anyone else, i.e. a slight delay? The screen was c. 0.5 of a second ahead of the sound. Either that or they had rerecorded parts.

Coma - amazing. My only slight gripe is that Frank was rushing the tempo a touch near the start, and I thought I heard a duff chord (I.e. a wrong chord, not duff) from Richard during the solo.

This I Love - good vocal, considering how complex and difficult it is. I doubt anyone in the world could do it justice with the same levels of rasp. Maybe dropping it a key would help. The kick-in during the second pre-chorus was epic. I don't mind the noodly solo, but I can see how noodling would result in a hit or miss result. Slash really needs to work something out a bit more structured if they play this song again. 

Out To Get Me - as many have said before, appalling QC with the sound volume jumping mid way through the track. Be warned if listening on headphones! The soft female backing vocals which work well on some songs diminish the anguish of this song (never noticed this live before). Axl on fire. Great version.

November Rain - at one point this was my favourite GnR song. Now I'm just a bit bored of it. However this was a good version.

Finally - love Slash's t-shirts.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, ToonGuns said:

Ok had a proper chance to watch this now. Thoughts...

ADVERTS - seriously what the fuck. Time them between songs. I literally got an advert WITHIN THE LAST BAR OF COMA (litrrally just before "memories to survive"), total mood killer.

New Rose - okay. Not much else to say.

My Michelle - was the sound off for anyone else, i.e. a slight delay? The screen was c. 0.5 of a second ahead of the sound. Either that or they had rerecorded parts.

Coma - amazing. My only slight gripe is that Frank was rushing the tempo a touch near the start, and I thought I heard a duff chord (I.e. a wrong chord, not duff) from Richard during the solo.

This I Love - good vocal, considering how complex and difficult it is. I doubt anyone in the world could do it justice with the same levels of rasp. Maybe dropping it a key would help. The kick-in during the second pre-chorus was epic. I don't mind the noodly solo, but I can see how noodling would result in a hit or miss result. Slash really needs to work something out a bit more structured if they play this song again. 

Out To Get Me - as many have said before, appalling QC with the sound volume jumping mid way through the track. Be warned if listening on headphones! The soft female backing vocals which work well on some songs diminish the anguish of this song (never noticed this live before). Axl on fire. Great version.

November Rain - at one point this was my favourite GnR song. Now I'm just a bit bored of it. However this was a good version.

Finally - love Slash's t-shirts.

Also got an advert at the moment in Coma.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...