NITL live videos on youtube

16 minutes ago, ToonGuns said:

I think there needs to be an element of realism here.

Coma is a ludicrously difficult song to sing, particularly the last 3 minutes, and for an ageing man he sang it very well I think. He's never going to sing it the same as he did on a studio recording he recorded half his life ago.

He should have just used his speaking voice within the last three minutes like he did for some verses. It sounds sonmuch much better. 

I am just watching the Axl/Dc show from Philly 2016 which was weeks ago from GNRs Houston show. Axl was so on fire and that good in ACDC. I still cannot get why he is/was so shitty in GNR but that awesome in a foreign band. Its just like watching/hearing two different people. 

I am really glad that I saw Axl/Dc back then in Hamburg. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, zigzagbigbag said:

Don’t want to complain but are you guys seriously saying Axl nailed Coma?! You must be kidding.

If at all, it was ok. Nothing more. In fact, Mickey was always right about to come through. 

It was about as good as you could reasonably expect a 55-year-old Axl Rose to sound on it. I've been pretty critical of Axl over the last couple years but there's really not much to complain about in the newest video.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

It was about as good as you could reasonably expect a 55-year-old Axl Rose to sound on it. I've been pretty critical of Axl over the last couple years but there's really not much to complain about in the newest video.

Indeed, its the best video so far. But the best a 55 year old can offer?! Come on. 

As I said above, just watch any Axl/Dc show from 2016 and you see what this 55 year old guy named Axl is able to deliver if he wants to. It is lightyears away from that Coma performance. 

Edited by zigzagbigbag

2 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

A little update from Fernando:

DWwkciW.jpg

"as fast as Guns can" :lol:

This is literally one of the most positive fan/band relating comments I've seen regarding GNR!

The fact that Fernando is noting that he's taking a direct suggestion for which performances to pick is great.

5 minutes ago, zigzagbigbag said:

It is lightyears away from that Coma performance. 

That Coma performance was pretty flawless. 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, zigzagbigbag said:

He should have just used his speaking voice within the last three minutes like he did for some verses. It sounds sonmuch much better. 

I am just watching the Axl/Dc show from Philly 2016 which was weeks ago from GNRs Houston show. Axl was so on fire and that good in ACDC. I still cannot get why he is/was so shitty in GNR but that awesome in a foreign band. Its just like watching/hearing two different people. 

I am really glad that I saw Axl/Dc back then in Hamburg. 

Dude, Axl struggled with the ending of Coma even in his peak. A tiny bit of realism wouldn't hurt. Comparing AC/DC songs which are like tailormade for Axl's voice to one of the most difficult songs on the GNR setlist is kinda pointless.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zigzagbigbag said:

Indeed, its the best video so far. But the best a 55 year old can offer?! Come on. 

As I said above, just watch any Axl/Dc show from 2016 and you see what this 55 year old guy named Axl is able to deliver if he wants to. It is lightyears away from that Coma performance. 

I wouldn't compare the ending of Coma to anything from the AC/DC catalogue, it's not like he can bust out the Back In Black screams on something like that. The lines where he did scream sounded just as good as the 'ac/dc voice' though. In the context of how he's sounded for the last decade, and the delivery style of Coma, it was pretty damn good. If they were gonna upload any performance of Coma, I'm glad they picked this one.

• Like 2