NITL live videos on youtube

Audio in mono is a strange choice...strange and poor.

New Rose is way too fast, and some guitars are a little out of tune...I suggest to buy a Tc-Electronic Polytune 3 :)

Axl has the old "timing" problems...he's a little too fast sometimes, like he often did...but is still great in some parts!

Come is what you can expect from AXL in these times...not bad

It was definitely the best NITL select vid so far, because of Axl. And still, it hurts sometimes listening to close when you are honest. The band sounds great on this but they sounded great on the other vids too, IMO.

So the best way for me to enjoy this is to not fully concentrate on Axl. He nailed OTGM and a lot of other parts though, so nothing to complain about, really.

Some even discovered noodling during the November Rain solos. :lol: I couldn't figure it out but...  but each to his own I guess.

All in all it was fun to watch and I'm still hoping for more. Seems like Fernando enjoys the positive comments and considers even fan choises for next vids.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, El Guapo said:

Yeah, nothing to complain here, really. It's not great that you can't here the audience at all again, sounds kinda sterile because of that.

And, but that's completly subjective, I'm just super tired of the same old songs over and over again.

Ha this is a American audience. All you can normally hear is slurping drinks, rustling of popcorn and crunching of Nachos! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Lies They Tell said:

Dude, Axl struggled with the ending of Coma even in his peak. A tiny bit of realism wouldn't hurt. Comparing AC/DC songs which are like tailormade for Axl's voice to one of the most difficult songs on the GNR setlist is kinda pointless.

I agree. A bit of realism wouldn’t hurt; 

ACDC songs are tailor made for the voice of Axl Rose but GNR songs are not. 

This is your reality?! Respect. 

Coma aside, Axl hasn’t nailed any complete GNR song - let alone a complete GNR show - whith his characteristic raspy voice since at least 2017. In my opinion he even has not in 2016. But he was able to tour a whole AcDC tour without struggling a minute. In no way this has only to do with the arrangement of ACDC songs compared to GNR songs. In terms of some songs or some parts of songs maybe, but in no way in general. 

And, You know what: If GNR songs are that difficult for Axls voice and AcDc are that easy. Just rearrange the GNR songs to Axls current voice so that he is able to sing them. This is what professional musicians (should) do, especially if they tour for years and charge shitloads of money for tickets. There is NO excuse.

One again for the record: The current video is ok, including Coma. In fact, for me as a lifelong fan (and customer) Axls voice in this video is the absolute minimum what is acceptable. Nothing more. If some of you think, a vocal performance like this was topnotch ... well, each to their own.  

Edited by zigzagbigbag
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, zigzagbigbag said:

Coma aside, Axl hasn’t nailed any complete GNR song - let alone a complete GNR show - whith his characteristic raspy voice since at least 2017. In my opinion he even has not in 2016. But he was able to tour a whole AcDC tour without struggling a minute. In no way this has only to do with the arrangement of ACDC songs compared to GNR songs. In terms of some songs or some parts of songs maybe, but in no way in general. 

And, You know what: If GNR songs are that difficult for Axls voice and AcDc are that easy. Just rearrange the GNR songs to Axls current voice so that he is able to sing them. This is what professional musicians (should) do, especially if they tour for years and charge shitloads of money for tickets. There is NO excuse.

One again for the record: The current video is ok, including Coma. In fact, for me as a lifelong fan (and customer) Axls voice in this video is the absolute minimum what is acceptable. Nothing more. If some of you think, a vocal performance like this was topnotch ... well, each to their own.  

I really enjoyed the video - but have long said there should be a rejig of the setlist/tunings to maximise the current capabilities.

Edited by DTJ80

1 hour ago, zigzagbigbag said:

Literally "complaints, complaints, complaints..."

9 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

Top contribution. 

You guys are so incredible. Guys like you are the reason why GNR/Axl/TB get away with all the bullshit. Because as soon as you receive a little bit of „quality“ material, suddenly all the shit of the past is forgotten and, even worse, is not even allowed to be mentioned anymore by anyone else. Otherwise those people who speak the truth are tried to get silent with the allmighty „complaints, complaints, complaints“ argument. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GNR_RNR said:

This is so HTGTH, man, you'd love it over there. But from what I've seen after a peek or two, it's been quite dead over there lately, hasn't it? People don't seem to post or even log in, hmm. One can't help but wonder why... 

Edited by jamillos
  • Like 1

If you want to compare them to 90s footage.......then ok, no comparison, but this is a band that are much older now. These clips were as good as it can possibly be, and an excellent watch. I thought they were fantastic. 

Does it change anything going forward? Sadly, probably not. It's still the case that we need less touring in order that the live quality doesn't get further diluted, still desperately need new material, and still need some change to convince us they aren't just a touring nostalgia act. 

But you've got to give these videos credit for what they are - a great watch. 

Edited by allwaystired
  • Like 1

About half way through Coma, this is a great select, with the exception of New Rose, WTF. Skipped through most of that. I like Tommy's singing better than Duff's, but I'd skip through his too.

I forgot how bad Slash's This I Love solo is. Maybe they need DJ back for a few shows to show him how to play it. Haha

Edited by Sweersa

13 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

About half way through Coma, this is a great select, with the exception of New Rose, WTF. Skipped through most of that. I like Tommy's singing better than Duff's, but I'd skip through his too.

I forgot how bad Slash's This I Love solo is. Maybe they need DJ back for a few shows to show him how to play it. Haha

I love New Rose - always have. I’m surprised at how many people don’t! 😂

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Yeah, Slash's "solo" on TIL is just awful. It's like he's saying "this song is gay, therefore I'm gonna use it as 1.30secs to practise my noodling."

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Towelie said:

Yeah, Slash's "solo" on TIL is just awful. It's like he's saying "this song is gay, therefore I'm gonna use it as 1.30secs to practise my noodling."

His response to 'you changed some of the solos from CD' was "It just sounded like they were playing anything". To me, the solo in TIL are as good as anything Slash has played in the last 20yrs, an absolutely brilliant solo that built perfectly. Slash's TIL solo is a flurry of notes, there's basically no standout parts! Same goes for the outro solo on better (Richard shreds it too) and if they ever play Street Of Dreams, I'm sure they'll butcher that solo too.

It's not quite Bumblefoot 2006 double hand tapping in NV!! but it is still absolutely shit! When there's a great solo, you need to take your ego out and say "Ok, I'll play it close, but still add my touch".

1 hour ago, Sweersa said:

Me too! in fact the only non Axl song I've ever enjoyed was Tommy singing Motivation! that was a fucking great song and it actually maintained the energy! All the other non Axl songs and solos completely ruin the energy and flow of the show... Pink panther was 'ok' too.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, zigzagbigbag said:

It's not only my reality. It's kinda the reality that we all live in. It's no secret that Axl's written songs that he's not even capable of singing himself properly. He's admitted it himself! He couldn't sing songs like Coma and You Could Be Mine properly even in his peak, because he made those songs impossible to sing. He never even tried singing Don't Damn Me live, cause it can't be done properly. It's a fact that GNR songs in general have a lot more melodic variation compared to AC/DC songs. AC/DC songs have a lot more short bursts of screaming which fit Axl's voice perfectly. When Axl wrote GNR songs, he took his voice to it's limits and that was when he was at his peak. His voice is nowhere near what it once was these days, so it's no wonder that he doesn't sound perfect on them.

Coma aside, Axl hasn’t nailed any complete GNR song - let alone a complete GNR show - whith his characteristic raspy voice since at least 2017. In my opinion he even has not in 2016. 

I don't know about that. There's been some pretty darn close to perfect performances of SOYL. Why? Because in SOYL is pure screaming from start to finish, just like most of Brian Johnson AC/DC songs. Axl always sounds good when he screams. Anyway, I'm not here to argue about Axl's current voice. The last time we heard Axl, his voice was in a worse condition compared to 2016. My point was that there's a reason why Axl sounded better with AC/DC than with GNR in 2016. Because AC/DC songs fit his voice way better in general. But even in AC/DC concerts there were moments of Mickey here and there. The difference is that AC/DC songs have some rare moments when Axl has to use his Mickey voice, but GNR songs have tons of parts that don't really fit Axl's current voice, but every time he gets to scream, you can hear that Axl has the exact same power as he had with AC/DC. And I'm talking about 2016 Axl here.

It's not really that simple. If you're gonna rearrange the GNR songs to fit Axl's current voice, in most cases you'd have to change the songs completely, so they became barely recognizable. The thing is that Axl still hits the right notes usually. It's just that there's no rasp. So which one is more important, a raspy voice or hitting the right key? You seem to prefer a raspy voice, but I'd argue that the general public would disagree. I'd argue that for most casual fans it's much more important that the singer is singing in the right key. Casual fans may not even notice that there's some rasp missing, but if the song is completely rearranged, they will notice that.

That being said, I actually agree with you to some degree. I've been saying the same thing that some songs should be rearranged to Axl's current voice, but at the same time I do recognize the problems involved with that.

Anyway there's not much you can complain about when you look at this compilation of Houston and Mexico City. Out Ta Get Me sounds very close to classic Axl and every fault you can find is very minor. Live music isn't supposed to be perfect to begin with.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Lies They Tell said:

It's not only my reality. It's kinda the reality that we all live in. It's no secret that Axl's written songs that he's not even capable of singing himself properly. He's admitted it himself! He couldn't sing songs like Coma and You Could Be Mine properly even in his peak, because he made those songs impossible to sing. He never even tried singing Don't Damn Me live, cause it can't be done properly. It's a fact that GNR songs in general have a lot more melodic variation compared to AC/DC songs. AC/DC songs have a lot more short bursts of screaming which fit Axl's voice perfectly. When Axl wrote GNR songs, he took his voice to it's limits and that was when he was at his peak. His voice is nowhere near what it once was these days, so it's no wonder that he doesn't sound perfect on them.

I don't know about that. There's been some pretty darn close to perfect performances of SOYL. Why? Because in SOYL is pure screaming from start to finish, just like most of Brian Johnson AC/DC songs. Axl always sounds good when he screams. Anyway, I'm not here to argue about Axl's current voice. The last time we heard Axl, his voice was in a worse condition compared to 2016. My point was that there's a reason why Axl sounded better with AC/DC than with GNR in 2016. Because AC/DC songs fit his voice way better in general. But even in AC/DC concerts there were moments of Mickey here and there. The difference is that AC/DC songs have some rare moments when Axl has to use his Mickey voice, but GNR songs have tons of parts that don't really fit Axl's current voice, but every time he gets to scream, you can hear that Axl has the exact same power as he had with AC/DC. And I'm talking about 2016 Axl here.

It's not really that simple. If you're gonna rearrange the GNR songs to fit Axl's current voice, in most cases you'd have to change the songs completely, so they became barely recognizable. The thing is that Axl still hits the right notes usually. It's just that there's no rasp. So which one is more important, a raspy voice or hitting the right key? You seem to prefer a raspy voice, but I'd argue that the general public would disagree. I'd argue that for most casual fans it's much more important that the singer is singing in the right key. Casual fans may not even notice that there's some rasp missing, but if the song is completely rearranged, they will notice that.

That being said, I actually agree with you to some degree. I've been saying the same thing that some songs should be rearranged to Axl's current voice, but at the same time I do recognize the problems involved with that.

Anyway there's not much you can complain about when you look at this compilation of Houston and Mexico City. Out Ta Get Me sounds very close to classic Axl and every fault you can find is very minor. Live music isn't supposed to be perfect to begin with.

There's a simple solution for this: Write some new, inspired songs that you can comfortably sing live and that fit and represent your current self. You know, like musicians do. 

Edited by El Guapo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1