NITL live videos on youtube

33 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Smart moves🤔... you may have to email Fernando about such a crazy idea! you can now reach him directly on Tiktok! 

tiktok for real:wacko:...but hey, definitely corresponds to his level anyway.

to reach out to TB with crazy ideas is some other peoples cup of tea on here:ph34r:

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

The fact that each song was uploaded individually now gives me the impression that NITL Selects is over.

Oh well. Glad that they fixed the sound mixing on OTGM, at least!

I believe there is one more Selects left.

1) because of the post they did a few days ago (asking for suggestions).

2) because the playlist originally had 20 videos and after they fixed it now has 14. So maybe the next selects will be 6 songs long.

• Thanks 2

34 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

The fact that each song was uploaded individually now gives me the impression that NITL Selects is over.

Oh well. Glad that they fixed the sound mixing on OTGM, at least!

I think we will get at least one more - here was something on their Twitter asking about what we wanted to hear next.

• Thanks 1

I don't think NITL Selects is over. Nando asked the GN'R fam for song (or venue?) wishes. I'm pretty sure they will upload until a full NITL Setlist is complete, maybe with some rarities like Locomotive, Dead Horse and So Fine. And only one song per video is way better. I prefer this upload scheme

but why this damn loud gunshot at the end? It's really awful to listen with headphones

Edited by t-p-d-a
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, t-p-d-a said:

I don't think NITL Selects is over. Nando asked the GN'R fam for song (or venue?) wishes. I'm pretty sure they will upload until a full NITL Setlist is complete, maybe with some rarities like Locomotive, Dead Horse and So Fine. And only one song per video is way better. I prefer this upload scheme

but why this damn loud gunshot at the end? It's really awful to listen with headphones

Can't see Locomotive making it out of the station seeing as Axl didn't really give it a good performance in the 2 or 3 times it was performed... if there's absolutely no fucks given about the vocal quality then it might be released though!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, WhazUp said:

That OTGM video sounding great!  Damn it really drives home how Axl was in such fine form in 2016.  Hearing the stark contrast from that to now you really do have to wonder if it was indeed his stint with AC/DC that did some damage on his voice

Totally. Here’s hoping the enforced rest/break helps a bit with the voice.

20 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

Can't see Locomotive making it out of the station seeing as Axl didn't really give it a good performance in the 2 or 3 times it was performed... if there's absolutely no fucks given about the vocal quality then it might be released though!

I actually think Axl did a good job in Locomotive most of the times, besides some fuck ups with the tempo.

--

About the list: it's just a YouTube list. They can add (or remove) as many songs as they want, there's nothing indicating that they want to stop uploading videos. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

I actually think Axl did a good job in Locomotive most of the times, besides some fuck ups with the tempo.

--

About the list: it's just a YouTube list. They can add (or remove) as many songs as they want, there's nothing indicating that they want to stop uploading videos. 

We heard it through fan filmed videos..:Im not sure I want to listen to the soyndboard of those performances hahahaha

What does Axl think of his actual vocals??? Now thats an answer Id be interested in hearing

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

--

I remember those performances well and he was having trouble with the timing and vocal range... as they say "he went full mickey!" The band sounded decent on it though! 

Yeah me too, I think they will continue to upload things sporadically! I hope they continue to release a few more things when the next touring cycle comes around too, like the Metallica recaps from each city! It's a nice memento! I know Fernando isn't aware of how Metallica operate though, he doesn't follow the underground scene 😄

1 hour ago, Alejandro GNR said:

We heard it through fan filmed videos..:Im not sure I want to listen to the soyndboard of those performances hahahaha

37 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

I remember those performances well and he was having trouble with the timing and vocal range... as they say "he went full mickey!" The band sounded decent on it though! 

I think I heard different performances. From what I remember, he used his low register to sing most of the song, only having some trouble to go back to it after the chorus. Keep in mind, I'm just saying it wasn't that bad. The timing issues were def a thing, though. 

I remember I actually didn't like Slash's outro. He rushed out some phrases. I'm a huge fan of this particular solo in the record, so I may be biased. 

41 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Yeah me too, I think they will continue to upload things sporadically! I hope they continue to release a few more things when the next touring cycle comes around too, like the Metallica recaps from each city! It's a nice memento! I know Fernando isn't aware of how Metallica operate though, he doesn't follow the underground scene 😄

They could have so much more going on. 

There's a NY Times article about the rebirth of the guitar during the pandemic, with brands like Gibson and Fender selling more now than they did in years. There's a lot of kids there learning how to play it, and they won't search for current music, they will need to go old school. GNR is a great guitar band, and the more live performances, the greater the interest they could gather in this audience. That could also apply for a new record with some killer Slash solos, but yeah, let's not stretch it lol.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Kelmi said:

I wish they would release some 2016 version of Estranged and Civil War. 

I wish they played these two songs in 2010 and not only in 2011, and someone made a pro-shot. Too late now, Axl will never rasp them again, even though he could (definitely in 2016). 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Gordon Comstock changed the title to NITL live videos on youtube: Locomotive 2019 posted today