Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Riot shields or bust.  

Cant beleive its taken the band 3 months to do this, and Fernando only agreeing to do something like this when told to him directly by the fans. If GNR want to look at being a top tier band this

2 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

 

Someone with Instagram, send him a list of NA 2016 shows.

If the selects had views like that they would be much cooler...

Like I posted in the other thread

Out Ta' Get Me  and My Michelle with Adler in Cincinnati...  Footage from South America with good shots of those crazy fans.  The Minnesota Paradise City.. That was the only one where Axl didn't sing over Slash leads near the intro.... Slash's solo from his birthday..  I know they released Out ta Get Me already but if they have superior performances of songs, they should go for it.  Like It's So Easy and Brownstone.. The ones they posted were weak. A killer Jungle would be cool. Did they do one of those yet? If so, it was obviously forgettable...

Would also love them to crop these things into single songs after.  That way I would share the select few good ones.. I tried sharing the first couple and most of them were so bad that people didn't like them.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/12/2020 at 4:28 PM, moreblack said:

Something had to make way for Shadow and Slither

Slither should go... well if Axl decides to dramatically improve how he sings it, it should stay because ordinarily that song makes crowds go crazy! when GNR play it, it's the equivalent of running when you're in a swimming pool😄

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

If the selects had views like that they would be much cooler...

Like I posted in the other thread

Out Ta' Get Me  and My Michelle with Adler in Cincinnati...  Footage from South America with good shots of those crazy fans.  The Minnesota Paradise City.. That was the only one where Axl didn't sing over Slash leads near the intro.... Slash's solo from his birthday..  I know they released Out ta Get Me already but if they have superior performances of songs, they should go for it.  Like It's So Easy and Brownstone.. The ones they posted were weak. A killer Jungle would be cool. Did they do one of those yet? If so, it was obviously forgettable...

Would also love them to crop these things into single songs after.  That way I would share the select few good ones.. I tried sharing the first couple and most of them were so bad that people didn't like them.

 

 

They could pick any show from the NA 2016 run and get fairly strong versions of Jungle, LALD, Nightrain, etc. There's a pro-shot Jungle from Download Festival that was posted months before the Selects video... it was definitely forgettable though.

I wouldn't share either of the first two, but the most recent one was pretty good. I don't know if anyone's split the videos up, but I can send you the remastered audio files if you want.

I wish they'd quit fucking around with 5-6 song videos and just do a proper live release. Throw a full show on youtube, warts and all.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

They could pick any show from the NA 2016 run and get fairly strong versions of Jungle, LALD, Nightrain, etc.

That was definitely the year for those songs.. and others..

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I wish they'd quit fucking around with 5-6 song videos and just do a proper live release. Throw a full show on youtube, warts and all.

That would be the best way to do it. Start with Download and then anytime they want to upload a new video just upload a new show instead of a Selects video.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

 

Someone with Instagram, send him a list of NA 2016 shows.

i want the whole NITL Tour from 2016 - 2020 on YouTube. So we can choose our favourite performances for our own playlist.

Link to post
Share on other sites

For me with Slash on Chinese I would say,

Good- Better, Chinese (I'm not saying they are better than the album versions, but he sort of thought these two out a little more and I think they are good renditions. They were highlights for me in 2016 when Axl was good and they seemed more fresh)

Okay- This I Love, Prostitute, Madagascar, TWAT (TiL is pretty disappointing because we all expected Slash to do a NR style monster on it. I think some shows in 2016 got really close to that and had some amazing solos. Then after a few reunion shows he lost all interest in the song and it falls to the "underwhelming category". Prostitute, Madagascar, and TWAT all fall in the "its fine" category. He doesn't stray too far from their album versions. Kind of boring, but not bad to listen to. If Slash and Duff are going to play Chinese songs, I'd rather they made them different but that's just me. 

Underwhelming- Sorry, Catcher in the Rye (He does stuff on Sorry but then the leads come and he noodles too fast most of the time. Same with Catcher)

Link to post
Share on other sites

ok, nice for what it's worth,  but would have been a smarter move to put out some new selects today on the "release anniversary day" with only UYI tracks

Edited by EricA
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GNRfanMILO said:

Okay, this is a good thing. I believe some people from here were asking for this.

But... this Chinese Democracy sounds a lot like Double Talkin’ Jive :lol:

 

It sounds like Frank is drumming on his lap. Axl wasn't that good either. 

Man how I hope he comes back in shape next year. But meh, he's gonna Vince it.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GNRfanMILO said:

Okay, this is a good thing. I believe some people from here were asking for this.

But... this Chinese Democracy sounds a lot like Double Talkin’ Jive :lol:

 

:facepalm: nando you had one job and one job only......

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, EricA said:

ok, nice for what it's worth,  but would have been a smarter move to put out some new selects today on the "release anniversary day" with only UYI tracks

Smart moves🤔... you may have to email Fernando about such a crazy idea! you can now reach him directly on Tiktok!

But yeah, it would have been cool to get the UYI anniversary selects, DTJ, Civil War, YCBM, NV, Dead Horse, Heavens door, Don't cry... ah well!! 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

For me with Slash on Chinese I would say,

Good- Better, Chinese (I'm not saying they are better than the album versions, but he sort of thought these two out a little more and I think they are good renditions. They were highlights for me in 2016 when Axl was good and they seemed more fresh)

Okay- This I Love, Prostitute, Madagascar, TWAT (TiL is pretty disappointing because we all expected Slash to do a NR style monster on it. I think some shows in 2016 got really close to that and had some amazing solos. Then after a few reunion shows he lost all interest in the song and it falls to the "underwhelming category". Prostitute, Madagascar, and TWAT all fall in the "its fine" category. He doesn't stray too far from their album versions. Kind of boring, but not bad to listen to. If Slash and Duff are going to play Chinese songs, I'd rather they made them different but that's just me. 

Underwhelming- Sorry, Catcher in the Rye (He does stuff on Sorry but then the leads come and he noodles too fast most of the time. Same with Catcher)

For me, his work on Madagascar is my favourite, I actually think he made the song better with the heavy Zeppelin(ish) riff he put over the top of it! As for all the rest I'd happily scrap them😄 TIL is the joke of all jokes though, you can't shut him up when he's soloing and then you get a song like TIL with a huge solo section... and he pisses all over it! that song is prime real estate for a monster solo (like the original). As Russell Crowe would say "Deaf ears mate"... He should have played something epic like NV, Estranged or Fall to pieces

I always wondered what Slash must be thinking in songs like Civil War where he's soloing in the outro and Axl comes back in early cutting him off. That's a question for the Appetite for distortion interview when he finally gets him... framed like "how much does it get on your nerves when Axl does this..." 😄

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...