NITL live videos on youtube

5 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

It really, really, really isn't what fans do.

It's what lunatics do. 

Judging by your nickname you didn't have much adventures in your life, so stop being so frustrated and do something out of the blue with your life because you sound old already, I stand my point, and I don't need 2000 followers,are you still interested in this band cause u seem to me just an old fart

7 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

I actually had tickets....but I don't anymore, as I've lost that small bit of faith I had, and finances have got a lot tighter. I'm fairly confident now it will be the same thing....and I wouldn't want to see that. 

I mean… it would have been totally mental to have played yet another NITL leg in 2020, with just new lights or whatever, but can you imagine the same happening in 2021? 
Well, anything is possible with these guys, I guess. I know they’ve at least rehearsed HS, but the same was with Perfect Crime or OMG – and yet, nothing. 
I guess if nothing new appears at those summer gigs (provided they’ll happen at all), I think it’ll be safe to say that nothing new will emerge till the end of 2021 either, playlist-wise. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Trust me on this one. People hanging about outside celebrities houses hoping to gain access is absolutely fucking nuts. 

I'm about as jealous of you as I am of that guy that recently got jailed for hanging around Taylor Swift's house! 

Man I don't want acces, I just said I will go by his house I will ring the bell and that's it, no hard feelings, comprende? 

4 minutes ago, foreverguns said:

If you class ringing celebrities doorbells as 'having adventures' then, yep, I have none. Again, because I'm not a lunatic stalker. 

I'm an 'old fart' because I'm not interested in a band endlessly playing old material on a nostalgia drive? Interesting. 

Isn't it time you went off to ring old mens doorbells now? 

9 minutes ago, jamillos said:

I mean… it would have been totally mental to have played yet another NITL leg in 2020, with just new lights or whatever, but can you imagine the same happening in 2021? 
Well, anything is possible with these guys, I guess. I know they’ve at least rehearsed HS, but the same was with Perfect Crime or OMG – and yet, nothing. 
I guess if nothing new appears at those summer gigs (provided they’ll happen at all), I think it’ll be safe to say that nothing new will emerge till the end of 2021 either, playlist-wise. 

I honestly think that was the intention. We'll see though, but even if they were to swap some things round watching that Wichita video just makes me feel sad.  

It's actually hilarious how pathetic Axl's clean voice sounds nowadays. Unless he's singing deep notes, he sounds horrific. 

I don't know what happened between 2002 and now to make Axl's clean voice sound like an old lady gasping for air, but I'd take Axl's 2001/2002 clean voice over modern Axl any day.

This tour has thoroughly destroyed the idea that "Axl's voice always gets better as the tour goes on". His voice showed a glimmer of hope in 2016, but has been absolutely toasts since some time in 2017. He's sounded consistently awful for years at this point.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, MildlyArtistic said:

It's actually hilarious how pathetic Axl's clean voice sounds nowadays. Unless he's singing deep notes, he sounds horrific. 

I don't know what happened between 2002 and now to make Axl's clean voice sound like an old lady gasping for air, but I'd take Axl's 2001/2002 clean voice over modern Axl any day.

This tour has thoroughly destroyed the idea that "Axl's voice always gets better as the tour goes on". His voice showed a glimmer of hope in 2016, but has been absolutely toasts since some time in 2017. He's sounded consistently awful for years at this point.

I've said it a hundred times, I'll say it again: he was great in 2016. Then AC/DC happened, where he sang like the devil, like he hadn't in 20 years. His decline started afterwards, being quite noticeable as early as in 2017.
I wonder if the 2016 stint - straining and demolishing his throat - and the immediate decline could have anything in common... 
I think it's clear as day. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, foreverguns said:

I just woke up and saw this, have my morning glass and listen to nite train 3 times in a row, it's killer, did you guys saw how happy is Axl? He gave us his best for that song alone, he still got it, no doubt about it! Thank you Ax you make my day! Later today I plan to go see Angus Young at his Holland residence I hope he is home! 

I’ve been following all the promo interviews he’s been doing and he’s been in Australia each time.

1 hour ago, jamillos said:

I've said it a hundred times, I'll say it again: he was great in 2016. Then AC/DC happened, where he sang like the devil, like he hadn't in 20 years. His decline started afterwards, being quite noticeable as early as in 2017.
I wonder if the 2016 stint - straining and demolishing his throat - and the immediate decline could have anything in common... 
I think it's clear as day. 

Asia 2017 was already shit. The last few good shows were the ones in Brazil in 2016, and even those were a few steps behind the NA leg.

He destroyed his voice with AC/DC, it's as easy as that. He probably didn't rehearse his voice between the 2016 SA leg and the 2017 Asia leg, and that's what really made it worse.

There's no coming back unless he goes trough some magical operation like Steven Tyler did. His current state can't be fixed with cardio and a vocal coach, his voice is toasted for good IMO.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, foreverguns said:

I just woke up and saw this, have my morning glass and listen to nite train 3 times in a row, it's killer, did you guys saw how happy is Axl? He gave us his best for that song alone, he still got it, no doubt about it! Thank you Ax you make my day! Later today I plan to go see Angus Young at his Holland residence I hope he is home! 

Angus is in Australia at the moment.

12 hours ago, Kranich said:

Just look at Steven T he is like Axl +15 in years and -20 in kilos and he sounds much better and consistent.

Steven sounds great, but it also helps that Aerosmith hired the keyboard player who's voice blends incredibly well with Stevens. They are doing ageing pretty well, I think Axl should follow their system and let Melissa take some of the vocal that he consistently shits the bed on.

• Like 1

I have to disagree with you regarding GNR sound, I wouldn't change a thing, this is how you hear the band live, I saw the many times from 2006 to 2018 and this is how they want us to hear them! In one word RAWGNR! OR Rock nfuckin roll or gnfnr

Jesus christ. You have to be joking (if so great trolling). Gnr right now are pure shit, if you think that's good or that you wouldn't change a thing! you need to go and see more concerts because your quality control metre is obviously misplaced!

The moment I hear GNR sound great I'll be the first person to celebrate! I'm not going to celebrate phoned in crap performances! 

"Axl looks so happy" yeah, wouldn't you look happy if you were being paid obscene amounts of money and all you had to do was show up and go through the motions? good for him!! but it's shit for anyone who actually enjoys listening to music, rather than 'enjoying the feeling / atmosphere' of being at a gig.

16 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Steven sounds great, but it also helps that Aerosmith hired the keyboard player who's voice blends incredibly well with Stevens. They are doing ageing pretty well, I think Axl should follow their system and let Melissa take some of the vocal that he consistently shits the bed on.

Plus it helps Tyler can sing in his natural singing voice too.

• Like 2

This and this, we should be greatful that we still see them perform for us, they didn't want our money, they have enough on their own, any time I get back home from a GNR concert I am in pure bliss and happiness for 1 month, not even my woman could get me that high, but we as fans we should respect them for performing our beloved songs night after night, who knows how this will last?but for this moment is still GNR, and they still have it, look at us in front rows, I bet u can see any of me or any of you down there 

I just love how positive you are even if I dont agree on some things :takethat:

1 hour ago, GNRfanMILO said:

Asia 2017 was already shit. The last few good shows were the ones in Brazil in 2016, and even those were a few steps behind the NA leg.

He destroyed his voice with AC/DC, it's as easy as that. He probably didn't rehearse his voice between the 2016 SA leg and the 2017 Asia leg, and that's what really made it worse.

There's no coming back unless he goes trough some magical operation like Steven Tyler did. His current state can't be fixed with cardio and a vocal coach, his voice is toasted for good IMO.

Would have to disagree. Europe 2017 was quite good.

• Like 1

Ok, I’ve gone through the whole thing (well, more or less), so here’s my two very brief cents:
1) Wichita L. is nice, although I’ve never paid too much attention to it. Will give it another listen, whether from this show or a different one. 
2) Nightrain is the only one out of the 3 Guns songs that is watchable. However, Axl’s voice at this point (2019) was completely shot, and I would even think that the singing must hurt him at times. It surely sounds like it. Also, interesting and funny how he uses that fake rasp in verses (basically same as in the CD chorus, where it actually belongs). 
3) I don’t believe for a single second that the musicians themselves have seen this footage... and said yes, this is it, this is what we want you to publish to represent us. Not only because of Axl, but also the sound. It actually reminds me of when I was around 17 and had a band – we asked the soundmen to record our gig through the mixing console on a cassette. Sound-wise, it wasn’t too far from this. 
In general, every day I have a feeling that I understand it less and less. Look, I am grateful that at least something is “happening”, but this screams of pure incompetence… 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Ok, I’ve gone through the whole thing (well, more or less), so here’s my two very brief cents:
1) Wichita L. is nice, although I’ve never paid too much attention to it. Will give it another listen, whether from this show or a different one. 
2) Nightrain is the only one out of the 3 Guns songs that is watchable. However, Axl’s voice at this point (2019) was completely shot, and I would even think that the singing must hurt him at times. It surely sounds like it. Also, interesting and funny how he uses that fake rasp in verses (basically same as in the CD chorus, where it actually belongs). 
3) I don’t believe for a single second that the musicians themselves have seen this footage... and said yes, this is it, this is what we want you to publish to represent us. Not only because of Axl, but also the sound. It actually reminds me of when I was around 17 and had a band – we asked the soundmen to record our gig through the mixing console on a cassette. Sound-wise, it wasn’t too far from this. 
In general, every day I have a feeling that I understand it less and less. Look, I am grateful that at least something is “happening”, but this screams of pure incompetence… 

I can't say I disagree with this, but I think too much criticism if being leveled at Axl, when the whole band just looked like they were going through the motions.

It had the 'another day at the office' feel throughout. I don't think anyone expects them to sound as they did in the 90s, but they looked like they were sleepwalking through this, which is far more of a problem to me than any sound issues. I'm not really one for analyzing the sound quality, the musicianship, the mistakes etc....but I really do want some spirit and energy in my live music. That's absolutely vital. 

I think sheer boredom HAS to come into it really. They simply need to be doing something new or different, for themselves as much as anything. I don't blame them on this - not one of us could carry on doing the same thing night after night and not feel stale. Variety is the spice of life. To me it didn't look like anyone was having much fun up there at all, and I do include Axl in that. 

• Like 2