NITL live videos on youtube

1 hour ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

I'm not convinced that's true. How did Axl sound any better in 16/17? He has sounded the same the entire time, which is not good, except on certain songs which no matter what year, he always sounds good on (Seeker, ISE, Nightrain to name a couple). And then no matter what year, always sounds shit on (SCOM, PC, RQ, YCBM).

How many recordings from 2016/17 could you name that sound miles better than the last 2 years?

Nah, there were so many years where he nailed YCBM, PC, RQ! Obviously from 2011 on, those songs have suffered but even from 2011-2014. there were (a handful of) great performances of those songs. 

He was absolutely a stronger singer in 2016 than he was in 2018/2019... was he on top form? no, he was about as good as he was in 2014 for Vegas, or even 2012 in Vegas, but for some reason people think otherwise, because the band around him features Slash. 

In 2016 he could at least come out and sing WTTJ and nail it, he could also sing Better and TIL, by 2017 all those songs were getting weak, by 2019 WTTJ was hit and miss until the final chorus on the majority of nights. He was solid in 2016, he sounded cool in 2009/10 he sounded incredible in 2006/07, he sounded strong in the early 00s albeit his vocal were super clean, the 90s were up and down but he sounded great in 1993, same goes for the 80s a bit up and down - which could be said for his entire live vocal career really.

1 hour ago, Lies They Tell said:

This wasn't too bad. That Live N Let Die performance wasn't great, but it's the kind of a song that's never absolutely terrible either. There's always those badass screams at least.

SOYL is always good and this was no exception. It may not have been the best SOYL performance ever, but his voice was pretty good and he nailed the timing, so what more can you ask.

I honestly thought that the BHL performace was one of their best performaces of that song ever. I have very little to complain about that performance

That KOHD performace was pretty basic. No much to complain about it. Not much to praise about it either.

Paradise City was pretty bad. Probably a lot better than most performaces of that song from 2019. But they really should have picked a 2016 version of that song instead.

It really wasn't that bad, but it's weird that they don't post more videos from 2016.

This wasn't too bad. That Live N Let Die performance wasn't great, but it's the kind of a song that's never absolutely terrible either. There's always those badass screams at least.

SOYL is always good and this was no exception. It may not have been the best SOYL performance ever, but his voice was pretty good and he nailed the timing, so what more can you ask.

I honestly thought that the BHL performace was one of their best performaces of that song ever. I have very little to complain about that performance

That KOHD performace was pretty basic. No much to complain about it. Not much to praise about it either.

Paradise City was pretty bad. Probably a lot better than most performaces of that song from 2019. But they really should have picked a 2016 version of that song instead.

It really wasn't that bad, but it's weird that they don't post more videos from 2016.

Groundhog Day post of the year.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Tom2112 said:

Nah, there were so many years where he nailed YCBM, PC, RQ! Obviously from 2011 on, those songs have suffered but even from 2011-2014. there were (a handful of) great performances of those songs. 

He was absolutely a stronger singer in 2016 than he was in 2018/2019... was he on top form? no, he was about as good as he was in 2014 for Vegas, or even 2012 in Vegas, but for some reason people think otherwise, because the band around him features Slash. 

In 2016 he could at least come out and sing WTTJ and nail it, he could also sing Better and TIL, by 2017 all those songs were getting weak, by 2019 WTTJ was hit and miss until the final chorus on the majority of nights. He was solid in 2016, he sounded cool in 2009/10 he sounded incredible in 2006/07, he sounded strong in the early 00s albeit his vocal were super clean, the 90s were up and down but he sounded great in 1993, same goes for the 80s a bit up and down - which could be said for his entire live vocal career really.

Sorry I meant '16-'20 only, I think people are viewing 2016 through rose colored glasses, there's not much difference in Axls vocals to me since this whole thing started, he didn't get worse, he didn't get better. I mean what 2016 show apart from Houston can you say is much better than any 17-20? 1 better night doesn't make the other 3 years suddenly way worse. If you go back and listen to Vegas it's plagued by the same things as always.

In the case of Better I would argue that actually got better from 2017 onwards because Axl figured out how to sing the chorus in his low voice, which is really much better sounding than the cringworthy falsetto.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Lies They Tell said:

Even sadder than these performances are the low expectations a GNR fan has reached at this point, by thinking this wasn't that bad at all.

Sorry but that was really poor.

• Like 1

24/41

Shadow Of Your Life ✔️

Welcome To The Jungle
It’s So Easy ✔️
Nightrain ✔️
Out Ta Get Me ✔️
Mr. Brownstone
Paradise City ✔️
My Michelle ✔️
Sweet Child O‘ Mine ✔️
Rocket Queen ✔️

Patience
Used To Love Her
You're Crazy

Live And Let Die ✔️
Don't Cry
Double Talkin' Jive ✔️
November Rain ✔️
Dead Horse
Coma ✔️

Civil War ✔️
Yesterdays
Knockin' On Heaven's Door ✔️
Locomotive ✔️
So Fine
Estranged ✔️
You Could Be Mine ✔️

New Rose ✔️
Raw Power
Attitude ✔️
You Can't Put Your Arms Around A Memory ✔️

Black Hole Sun ✔️
Slither ✔️
Wichita Lineman ✔️

Chinese Democracy ✔️
Better
There Was A Time
Catcher In The Rye
Sorry
Madagascar
This I Love ✔️
Prostitute

• Like 1

I just dont understand what is going on...Black Hole Sun was so very poor, why does whoever is putting these together think we want to hear this stuff, I am sure there must be better

6 hours ago, gonzalo palmese said:

anything u can think of is management trying to sink the band in the ocean. THERE IS NO OTHER F*CKNIG EXPLINATION. 
The people who chooses this videos either r deaft and blind or dont know crap bout guns n roses. U have amazing performances from 16/17. Powerfull ones, and u pick a show where Axl is Sick? they choose the worst of him, why? why show him like that to the world? When we all know he has A LOT MORE cause we saw it on videos or live. Argentina 16 and 17, i was there KILLER NIGHTS THE 3 OF THEM. Cmon man ! it pisses me off so much cause i fucking love this band for more than 15 years, Axl is the reason im into singing, and see they treat this band like this, hurts and is such a bunch of crap. Im not even angry bout no new music, cause thats GnR world and i know it. But this? not even able to show a good freaking video? no audio editing. Grab Fucking Tokyo or Live era and make the band sound like that on studio man ! fix the sound ! Do something ! 
God damn. Yes i just finished watching and im letting it all out. got a lot more but well.. maybe in 6 months when "the shits.. i mean the hits.. keep on coming" 

Agree, I am flumoxed...

• Like 1

And to think that Axl was planning (at least) yet another year of touring with this voice…
The sound sucks as usual, but that’s a standard now. Any old TV pro-shot sounds better than these recordings from a “professional management”. 
In any case, no surprises. Nothing to write home about… or to watch again. 

5 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

Why couldn't we just get 1 2016 show in proshot or, God forbid, a professionally done one?

Because @Fernando and professionalism don't work together

4 hours ago, axlvai said:

Im glad to say this selects are over.

Idk why but BHS was the best of this one. 

Waiting for the UYI stuff... 2021 is the fkn year 

We don't know it's over. Fucknando only said it's the last of the Year

2 hours ago, Free Bird said:

Even sadder than these performances are the low expectations a GNR fan has reached at this point, by thinking this wasn't that bad at all.

Sorry but that was really poor.

Being realistic often comes off as sad. But honestly crying about Axl's voice day after day is a lot sadder in my opinion. 😄

14 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

If they were gonna do an all-covers select they should've at least used one of the 2017 shows with I Feel Good :axl:

I agree, would like to see that.

12 hours ago, moreblack said:

They never bother going through the hours of archived footage or audio they have. They weren't even remotely sharp when picking the performances for Live Era.

Yup

10 hours ago, TheDemocracyRose said:

Why don't we get a full show from US 2016. This is ridiculous... 

This is what happens with Axl and Fernandon't in charge.

I really hope they do a proper UYI anniversary next year, with a box set that we're all happy with. Otherwise I'm just waiting for the new SMKC record...

6 minutes ago, jamillos said:

People seem to believe that a UYI boxset is inevitable in 2021. Locked N' Loaded came out a year late, remember? Just saying. We also might get nothing at all. But yeah, it would be nice if they did something of the sort. 

I hope they release it on time, and @troccoli told us they're working on a boxset.