NITL live videos on youtube

Quite enjoyed this selects, great song selection.

Generally a pretty good 2019 performance and the actually managed to get an NA crowd up moving, quite the feat. 

Proportionately more footage of Axl(good!) yet they still seem to be trying to put as little video of him as possible in there. 

One thing I'll say is that by focussing the footage on the stationary members of the band it makes them seem rooted to the spot. Yet you can see from the wide shots that Axl covers the whole stage. Just a weird side effect of their video editing. 

A good selects to end the year on, top 3 for me I'd say.

8 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Sorry I meant '16-'20 only, I think people are viewing 2016 through rose colored glasses, there's not much difference in Axls vocals to me since this whole thing started, he didn't get worse, he didn't get better. I mean what 2016 show apart from Houston can you say is much better than any 17-20? 1 better night doesn't make the other 3 years suddenly way worse. If you go back and listen to Vegas it's plagued by the same things as always.

In the case of Better I would argue that actually got better from 2017 onwards because Axl figured out how to sing the chorus in his low voice, which is really much better sounding than the cringworthy falsetto.

I agree with you, like I said I see buggar all difference between Axl on form in 2014 or 2012, and Axl in 2016. If you're being honest with his performance he was still struggling in 2016 even if he was rasping, same goes for 2009/2010.

50 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

Quite enjoyed this selects, great song selection.

Generally a pretty good 2019 performance and the actually managed to get an NA crowd up moving, quite the feat. 

Proportionately more footage of Axl(good!) yet they still seem to be trying to put as little video of him as possible in there. 

One thing I'll say is that by focussing the footage on the stationary members of the band it makes them seem rooted to the spot. Yet you can see from the wide shots that Axl covers the whole stage. Just a weird side effect of their video editing. 

A good selects to end the year on, top 3 for me I'd say.

I think you may need to get your hearing tested. Not that you can't hear, just that you are hearing things no one else can. Shadow of your love didn't sound too bad by recent standards. And I loathe to compare axl now to 86-93 era. But I think comparisons can be made to 2006 when KOHDs sounded like the greatest live vocal ever recorded. 2010 when LALD sounded like a monster or 2016 when most of these songs sounded ok. I wouldn't show these selects to anyone out of sheer embarrassment for axl. 

5 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

I think you may need to get your hearing tested. Not that you can't hear, just that you are hearing things no one else can. Shadow of your love didn't sound too bad by recent standards. And I loathe to compare axl now to 86-93 era. But I think comparisons can be made to 2006 when KOHDs sounded like the greatest live vocal ever recorded. 2010 when LALD sounded like a monster or 2016 when most of these songs sounded ok. I wouldn't show these selects to anyone out of sheer embarrassment for axl. 

I was pleasantly surprised that Shadow sounded pretty good. The rest? Axl sounds like shit. I hope he’s embarrassed, he should be. 

I really dig the editing on this (and the previous).  In my opinion, so many live videos are poorly edited.  I like this stuff.  Videos for the screen and the in person audience is different than what a video release should be - in my opinion.  Very different requirements.

Really digging Live and Let Die.

Shadow of Your Love.  Nice.  I haven't really listened to this.  This live version inspires me to go back

Black Hole Sun.  Killer

Knockin' on Heavens Door.  Inspirational

Paradise City.  Muy bien

I'm guessing this is it if they already got to Paradise City.  Here's to a new CD Q1 2021!

1 hour ago, JimiRose said:

And I loathe to compare axl now to 86-93 era.

Dude it's 2020

10 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

LALD was ghastly, obviously

It's simply baffling the vocal choice he makes for the LALD verses.  He kills the screams then goes to a really weak delivery, and has done since 2001!!

17 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

Dude it's 2020

It's simply baffling the vocal choice he makes for the LALD verses.  He kills the screams then goes to a really weak delivery, and has done since 2001!!

Yeah it just sounds weird. If you closed your eyes and didn't know better you'd think it was some of odd duet! Definitely one to drop from the setlist I'd say- I don't think many people would even miss it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rovim said:

Axl didn't struggle in 2010.

Watch reading festival welcome to the jungle, with a pro shot you can hear just how gassed he was singing those songs. He was definitely struggling which likely explains 2011.

Edited by Tom2112

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

I'm clearly in the minority here thinking this wasn't awful! 

LALD was ghastly, obviously, and if you're arguing otherwise then that's concerning.....but other than that? I genuinely thought it was solid with SOYL sounding good. 

Still.....I won't bother watching it again. 

It wasn't awful, but I wouldn't have released it either. And it definitely doesn't need repeat viewing unless you're into cruel and unusual punishment!

SOYL was ok, but his voice was a bit choked, Black hole sun sounded decent in comparison to Download festival or most other shows I heard. Live and let die was god awful as was Paradise city. 

I'm not advocating the censorship route of just showing the most carefully pruned songs, but a little more care would be great! there was no reason to release the show where Axl is sick, next up I suppose we'll get the behind the scenes of him puking and shitting his brains out in Dubai 2018 🤣

• Haha 1

I really don't get why he sings Live And Let Die the way he does. He could easily sing it in his natural Brownstone register and it would sound totally fine. Instead we get this awkward hybrid of somewhat raspy screams and verses that sound like Herbert from Family Guy. Just terrible. Even the screams on this particular version were weak, short, and very forced. He'd be best to sing the whole song naturally, drop the screams if they can't be done anymore, and voila. The overall performance would sound so much better. 

• Like 3