NITL live videos on youtube

7 hours ago, ©GnrPersia said:

Abu Dhabi 2018. Dubai was 2017.

These are two diff. cities. 

Sorry you're right, but that image of Axl transcends 😄

12 hours ago, Rovim said:

1 show? the vast majority of the 2010 shows featured great vocals from Axl. 2010 was much better compared to later years when Gn'R was on tour vocally speaking is what I'm saying. Much better.

Listen to Osaka, he was gasping then too. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom2112 said:

Sorry you're right, but that image of Axl transcends 😄

Listen to Osaka, he was gasping then too. 

That's true. I don't understand why people are talking about 2010 with such a profound passion about Axl's vocals. 2009-2010 was the beginning of his decay from every aspect including vocals.

However I have to give credit to the man for his 2010 performances. It was obvious that he still had a determination to prove himself to the world. Gasping was there, but rasp was there too. He was still trying to run like crazy to both sides of the stage. 

By 2012 that motivation was completely gone and the band was in full circus mode. It got worse and worse from then on.

Last time Axl could legit sing with his signature techniques and rasp was 2006-07.

RIP the glory days.

Edited by ©GnrPersia
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

Hopefully trying to get fired? It's about time.

What's most bizarre is Fernando seemed so happy when the Houston 2016 selects got such a positive response. On Reddit he was saying how much he loved all the positive comments and hoped it would change things for the better. Then he gives us two rounds of 2019 selects. Does he really not the notice the drop in quality? Obviously he can't acknowledge it publicly, but when it comes to these choices...wtf. He mentioned awhile ago he was "reviewing" the next set, not "picking out", so maybe Axl chooses them himself or at least monitors what is going out?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ©GnrPersia said:

That's true. I don't understand why people are talking about 2010 with such a profound passion about Axl's vocals. 2009-2010 was the beginning of his decay from every aspect including vocals.

However I have to give credit to the man for his 2010 performances. It was obvious that he still had a determination to prove himself to the world. Gasping was there, but rasp was there too. He was still trying to run like crazy to both sides of the stage. 

By 2012 that motivation was completely gone and the band was in full circus mode. It got worse and worse from then on.

Last time Axl could legit sing with his signature techniques and rasp was 2006-07.

RIP the glory days.

My thoughts exactly! 

3 hours ago, MildlyArtistic said:

I don't know what Team Brazil aims to achieve by releasing Selects where Axl sounds absolutely fucking terrible. 

Force a reunion of the CD line up 😉

19 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

My thoughts exactly! 

Force a reunion of the CD line up 😉

Aint no way duff and slash will walk away from the sweet tour money, neither axl to a degree. But if axl thinks GNR could be making the same tour money with a new CD lineup go for it!. 

The comments on the GNR facebook page, if that happens will be priceless.

18 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Guns N' Roses' Cover of "Black Hole Sun" Is the Worst Karaoke You've Ever Seen

https://www.google.com/amp/s/exclaim.ca/amparticle/guns_n_roses_cover_of_black_hole_sun_is_the_worst_karaoke_youve_ever_seen

:lol:

So how does axl go from getting rid of helium mickey to 06 voice permanatly with 90% rasp.?.

45 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/exclaim.ca/amparticle/guns_n_roses_cover_of_black_hole_sun_is_the_worst_karaoke_youve_ever_seen

Good grief. They really are becoming a joke to people aren't they? 

As I've said before I didn't think this Selects was too bad......but the reaction it seems to have got is amazingly negative. When you've got articles being written about how bad it is, it's pretty concerning. 

They need to turn it around asap. 

The most annoying thing is they had it all laid out in 2016. It was all there....but now we're back to them being the butt of jokes everywhere because they pushed it too far, and beyond. 

Edited by allwaystired

43 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Bloody hell - that’s pretty savage!!! The more this kind of reaction becomes public then folk will need to take notice. Even if it’s as simple as stopping putting out horrid footage to be laughed at and forcing the good stuff to be released instead.

I'm not one to typically complain about the live videos, whether pro shot or fan shot.

They never really do the in arena/stadium mix justice. Soundboard, iem mixes are too unforgiving to be representative of the actual concert experience, etc.

But these Exit 111 are embarrassing. First of all, as a video editor, I notice within the first 20 seconds there's a mistaken flash frame that was just left in there. Very jarring, clearly inadvertent and unprofessional. Who the fuck is editing these??

It's POSSIBLE that was a live error on the part of the live video director at the concert -- and that's all they had to work with-- But unlikely-- And even still, there's ways around that.

then the performances themselves... It's not just Axl. The whole band lacks energy at this point! As if they've been on a neverending tour, and are sick of playing the same shit, over and over.

Like everyone has said. They have plenty of pro-shot stuff from 2016, that probably looks and sounds a lot better than what they've been posting.

Why wait forever, to release mistake laden shit and expose your weaknesses?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sydney Fan said:

Aint no way duff and slash will walk away from the sweet tour money, neither axl to a degree. But if axl thinks GNR could be making the same tour money with a new CD lineup go for it!. 

The comments on the GNR facebook page, if that happens will be priceless.

So how does axl go from getting rid of helium mickey to 06 voice permanatly with 90% rasp.?.

Oh I was being heavily sarcastic😄 The comments would ALMOST be worth it!

• Like 1

I can't believe they actively get Saskatoon removed but allow this stuff to be released.

There is nothing redeemable about any of these performances. 

If there is anyone alive that enjoys the current 15 minute KOHD I'm yet to meet them! 

It's all very disappointing.

Personally I am still wondering why Black Hole Sun was/is still a regular setlist piece - even in 2019 Chris had been gone for 2 years and the setlist was already bloated with covers as-is

It just isn't a song that I really clamor to hear anyone but the Soundgarden guys do anyways, with the exception being people who change up the vibe of the song and do their own thing with it like Norah Jones

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, ©GnrPersia said:

perhaps you need to go back and listen to some 2010 shows. People are still talking about it because Axl was on beast mode that year (for the most part)

• Like 1

RIP the glory days.

His AC/DC stint was IMO the best he’s ever sounded at points. 

• Like 1

I don't understand why people are talking about 2010 with such a profound passion about Axl's vocals. 2009-2010 was the beginning of his decay from every aspect including vocals.

You should check out the remaster Frans did recently of the Arnhem show. Axl sounded great on that one. And Bucharest 2010 might honestly be the best, most consistent show Axl's ever played - or certainly one of the best, anyway.

His cleaner singing voice was starting to go in 2010, but it was still fairly strong for the most part and not nearly as Mickey as '02 or '11-now.

Off the top of my head the only 'weak' shows that year were Reading and Sturgis... both of which were the first show after a break.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Good grief. They really are becoming a joke to people aren't they? 

As I've said before I didn't think this Selects was too bad......but the reaction it seems to have got is amazingly negative. When you've got articles being written about how bad it is, it's pretty concerning. 

They need to turn it around asap. 

The most annoying thing is they had it all laid out in 2016. It was all there....but now we're back to them being the butt of jokes everywhere because they pushed it too far, and beyond.

They've been a joke for a lot longer than most people on here would like to believe...

Did you really think it wasn't bad? How far have peoples standards fallen that this is acceptable? I read people saying he sounds good on SOYL, and that might be true in the context of the whole video, but even that song doesn't sound objectively good.

Totally agree with your last sentence though. It's almost impressive how they managed to fuck up all the hype and anticipation they had in 2016.

19 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

They've been a joke for a lot longer than most people on here would like to believe...

Did you really think it wasn't bad? How far have peoples standards fallen that this is acceptable? I read people saying he sounds good on SOYL, and that might be true in the context of the whole video, but even that song doesn't sound objectively good.

Totally agree with your last sentence though. It's almost impressive how they managed to fuck up all the hype and anticipation they had in 2016.

Yep. It's a bubble here for sure in terms of GNR. It just seems that mockery of the band has really ramped up recently. 

I thought LALD was a horrible mess, but SOYL was solid. The others fine. Perhaps I'm being overly generous here, or maybe I'm simply comparing them with the last Selects which I really didn't like. I don't know. 

Don't get me wrong here, I'm not going to 'go to bat' for these Selects, or call anyone out for hating them, but I didn't think they were quite the car-crash others think they are. Maybe as you say, my standards have slipped, and a relatively relaxing Christmas has made me more generous than I should be! 

It's really really sad how they've fucked up the hype and anticipation. I really don't like the idea of a band I'm so passionate about being a laughing stock for people who like music and a cheap high-street clothing brand for those that don't. 

I really do want them to turn it around and show people what makes them such a great band again. Knock the endless touring on the head and find some enthusiasm and passion, in whatever way they can. A few more years of being the punchline of music-website jokes and shooray for tolerance!ing YouTube video views would be an absolutely tragic end. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, jamillos said:

I'd like to know too. Can't imagine any such conversation between a fan and a label should be a secret. 

What exactly did they say - can you post it here? 

There's a thread about it somewhere where we could suggest stuff for the boxset.

11 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

Ive taken some time to listen to the 111 festival selects, and nothing positive to say.

The LA 2017 shows should have been the last,and new album planning beginning of 2018.  That would have saved them doing the EU 18 shows which were never consistantly good. 

The 111 festival show i think is onpar with the worst of the EU 18 shows. Why fernando wanted to upload this particular show, instead of any of the 16/early 17 shows, other than to antagonise ill never know. 

Uploading this show, shows the band members have no idea or zero care factor about these being uploaded, and these shows are representing the GNR name/brand. 🤭.

I agree with all of this. End the tour in 2017, new album in 2018 or 2019.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rovim said:

Osaka was 2009 iirc

December 2009, but he sounded pretty much just like he did that from that point to the last show in 2010... as a night 1 show he sounded fucking great in comparison to the night 1 shows he does these days. He sounded 1000% better than he does today, I'm not saying he was bad, just that there was clear signs that he wasn't quite match fit so to speak. 

8 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

December 2009, but he sounded pretty much just like he did that from that point to the last show in 2010... as a night 1 show he sounded fucking great in comparison to the night 1 shows he does these days. He sounded 1000% better than he does today, I'm not saying he was bad, just that there was clear signs that he wasn't quite match fit so to speak. 

don't want to derail this thread but I respectfully disagree. I suggest you go back and check out some 2010 shows. I'm not saying he was good, I'm saying he was fuckin' great so I can't accept what you're saying.