NITL live videos on youtube

1 minute ago, Rovim said:

don't want to derail this thread but I respectfully disagree. I suggest you go back and check out some 2010 shows. I'm not saying he was good, I'm saying he was fuckin' great so I can't accept what you're saying.

I saw them in 2010 in person, and I loved the show! I thought he was good. Fuckin' great is kept for 2006. But you're right we're going off course here 😄

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

Yep. It's a bubble here for sure in terms of GNR. It just seems that mockery of the band has really ramped up recently. 

I thought LALD was a horrible mess, but SOYL was solid. The others fine. Perhaps I'm being overly generous here, or maybe I'm simply comparing them with the last Selects which I really didn't like. I don't know. 

Don't get me wrong here, I'm not going to 'go to bat' for these Selects, or call anyone out for hating them, but I didn't think they were quite the car-crash others think they are. Maybe as you say, my standards have slipped, and a relatively relaxing Christmas has made me more generous than I should be! 

It's really really sad how they've fucked up the hype and anticipation. I really don't like the idea of a band I'm so passionate about being a laughing stock for people who like music and a cheap high-street clothing brand for those that don't. 

I really do want them to turn it around and show people what makes them such a great band again. Knock the endless touring on the head and find some enthusiasm and passion, in whatever way they can. A few more years of being the punchline of music-website jokes and shooray for tolerance!ing YouTube video views would be an absolutely tragic end. 

I mean, with the last 2 selects capping off an already lackluster year, it's not hard to see why mockery and frustration escalated.

I don't really get the hype over SOYL, there was some good performances in 2018 but it's really overrated on here IMO. Axl honestly sounds like a parody of himself on this selects version, his voice is shot and had been for at least a year before this performance.

And yea, it sucks that a band that could be and should be great has become such a shell of what it was even 4 years ago, nevermind in their prime. I'd like to think new music would light a fire under them but at this point I don't even think that would do it, unfortunately.

1 hour ago, Tom2112 said:

December 2009, but he sounded pretty much just like he did that from that point to the last show in 2010... as a night 1 show he sounded fucking great in comparison to the night 1 shows he does these days. He sounded 1000% better than he does today, I'm not saying he was bad, just that there was clear signs that he wasn't quite match fit so to speak. 

2009-2010 was kind of like the UYI tour condensed into 1 year as far as Axl's voice goes - it was a bit rough in '09 and the early '10 shows but there was still plenty of power in his voice, for most of the year he was great, and by the Australian leg his voice had thinned out a bit but was still pretty good.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I mean, with the last 2 selects capping off an already lackluster year, it's not hard to see why mockery and frustration escalated.

I don't really get the hype over SOYL, there was some good performances in 2018 but it's really overrated on here IMO. Axl honestly sounds like a parody of himself on this selects version, his voice is shot and had been for at least a year before this performance.

And yea, it sucks that a band that could be and should be great has become such a shell of what it was even 4 years ago, nevermind in their prime. I'd like to think new music would light a fire under them but at this point I don't even think that would do it, unfortunately.

2009-2010 was kind of like the UYI tour condensed into 1 year as far as Axl's voice goes - it was a bit rough in '09 and the early '10 shows but there was still plenty of power in his voice, for most of the year he was great, and by the Australian leg his voice had thinned out a bit but was still pretty good.

100% agree with everything here! 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ToonGuns said:

Just noticed there's a fuck up in Black Hole Sun - towards the end of the solo either slash or Duff end a chord progression too early (after 7 times round instead of 8) while Richard is still shredding.

It’s just another reason for the hammering it’s taking in the press (see link to savage review on previous page).

Utterly beggars belief that they would choose a weak year AND a show where Axl had a cold to show the world. :facepalm:

Its almost like management think they are immune to criticism which flows from bad performances like this. I’d wager any one of us could select a better representation of the tour.....simply choose 2016/early-mid 2017 for the tougher ones and mid 2017 onwards for the stuff which is consistent like ISE/Brownstone etc. Not bloody difficult.

Edited by DTJ80
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

There's a thread about it somewhere where we could suggest stuff for the boxset.

I agree with all of this. End the tour in 2017, new album in 2018 or 2019.

You're right about has another thread about UYI boxset.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

They've been a joke for a lot longer than most people on here would like to believe...

Did you really think it wasn't bad? How far have peoples standards fallen that this is acceptable? I read people saying he sounds good on SOYL, and that might be true in the context of the whole video, but even that song doesn't sound objectively good.

Totally agree with your last sentence though. It's almost impressive how they managed to fuck up all the hype and anticipation they had in 2016.

They fucked up the hype because of seeing money in their eyes and doing a second EU tour and a third US tour. They should have done a new album while the iron was hot, as when they were ready to tour, they were touring with a new album and could have negotiated the touring money in their favour even more.

• Like 2

On 12/30/2020 at 5:08 PM, TeeJay410 said:

why didn't it make Appetite? 

Because there were similarities to Jungle like the "Shananana" part which they since changed.. 

Live and Let Die - This was actually one of the songs this line up kicked as at in 2016. Why not pick a kick ass version?

Shadow was pretty good

BHS - Didn't like the original and their version is even worse..  Mostly due to to Axl.. He sounds bad all around on this one.  

KOHD was ok.. Same as everyone said 100 times.. I don't mind the jamming nut way to much Fortus soling and he is way too loud.. The arrangment isn't very good. Ditch the oooh oohs and bring back the Hay Hay Hays... They could still really kick ass at that this song.

Paradise City - Not bad over all. I wish someone would finally tell Axl noone needs to hear Mickey over Slash lead lick during the intro. 

Melissa's vocals are too loud and so isn't Fortus...
Axl looks like a bafoon with that scarf and Jacket.. He could pull of looking like a bafoon back in the day when he sounded great and actually had some stage presence.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

Yes, yes, you are the only one.

Well, you and Minnie Mouse.

There are some bad recordings about I aggree, but for some of the CD songs it works I reckon. He's still got the rasp when he wants it. Like of Its So Easy or Out Ta Get Me. But then on the ending of Rocket Queen it's kinda fits

13 hours ago, ToonGuns said:

Just watched this / skipped through this. You can hear Melissa's "oooooh" backing vocals on SOYL exactly like the new studio version. Off topic I know but I'm convinced she sings on that (and Frank on drums).

Do you like the version of SOYL they released? if so, who cares if they did get Melissa to sing on it and Frank to drum on it! if anything it's a positive, meaning they successfully snuck into the studio without anyone knowing and recorded... that's hope! 🤣 

I know the problem you have is that they are suggesting this is 100% the old version, with just a new mix and master. I just see the positives because if this is what the current band can sound like in the studio I'm pleasantly surprised!

3 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Do you like the version of SOYL they released? if so, who cares if they did get Melissa to sing on it and Frank to drum on it! if anything it's a positive, meaning they successfully snuck into the studio without anyone knowing and recorded... that's hope! 🤣 

I know the problem you have is that they are suggesting this is 100% the old version, with just a new mix and master. I just see the positives because if this is what the current band can sound like in the studio I'm pleasantly surprised!

I never said I have a problem with anything, or that I thought it was negative. I was merely pointing out it sounded the same, to my ears. I wasn't looking to start a debate.

Yes I like the studio track, very polished sound and good track (although I could do without Frank's triggered click-track drums).

2 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Man, people really do not like this video :lol:

Honestly though what was @Fernando expecting when he uploaded this shit?

UNn2TP3.jpg

Well put the aside that we're talking about people on the internet, and people on the internet are usually the absolute worst!😄 Can't disagree though, it's like they were putting these videos out purposefully to piss on their reputation.  @Fernando You nailed it! Now, when ye start wanting to sell tickets put together a good video of the band, that means watching it before releasing and thinking "As performances go 'is this good' as mixes go 'Is this good" if the answer is no, pick another damn show! I can't remember the exact quote from Rock fuel in regard to GNRs management, but I believe they called them "Geniuses" 🤣

2 minutes ago, ToonGuns said:

I never said I have a problem with anything, or that I thought it was negative. I was merely pointing out it sounded the same, to my ears. I wasn't looking to start a debate.

Yes I like the studio track, very polished sound and good track (although I could do without Frank's triggered click-track drums).

I wasn't saying you did or didn't like anything, I was just curious✌️

• Like 2

I posted a few weeks back about GNRs legacy and how it’s not being cared for.....this video (and the choices of much of these Selects) is a perfect example of not thinking/caring about how the band will be perceived. Just a total shitshow and PR disaster really.

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

I posted a few weeks back about GNRs legacy and how it’s not being cared for.....this video (and the choices of much of these Selects) is a perfect example of not thinking/caring about how the band will be perceived. Just a total shitshow and PR disaster really.

It really is. We're kinda used to it at this point, but if you think about it...it's insane.