NITL live videos on youtube

4 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

The Selects were a swing and a miss... how many people honestly watched this and hoped for more? This is just plain bad.

3 hours ago, El Guapo said:

Please, no more of these. It's too complicated for them to do it right, obviously.

I agree, I'm not interested in any more.

• Like 3

Personally I really liked the selects. They represented a rare instance of the band producing something for the fans during a dry spell when no other content was coming out. It'd be nice if we could start getting a "Selects" between the legs of tours to showcase the best performances.

HOWEVER the fact that there used to be countless fan channels that produced far more content of a much higher quality is simply ridiculous. GNR has such a passionate fanbase that would be more than happy to comb through old performances and find the best (no fan would have picked mostly 2018-2019 for instance) yet they are ignored.

As always, huge potential going to waste. 

8 hours ago, GNR_RNR said:

Personally I really liked the selects. They represented a rare instance of the band producing something for the fans during a dry spell when no other content was coming out. It'd be nice if we could start getting a "Selects" between the legs of tours to showcase the best performances.

HOWEVER the fact that there used to be countless fan channels that produced far more content of a much higher quality is simply ridiculous. GNR has such a passionate fanbase that would be more than happy to comb through old performances and find the best (no fan would have picked mostly 2018-2019 for instance) yet they are ignored.

As always, huge potential going to waste. 

I tried so hard to like them but I just couldn't get over the poor mixes. There's fan shot phone videos that sounded better. And I 100% agree with the bolded statement. I really liked all of those, esp @Gibbo @FRANSAD and the Noise Pollution channel (sorry don't remember his username). Lot of good quality content on those channels back then.

8 hours ago, axlvai said:

Gimme the mtrfckr UYI shows!

Yes 100%

• GNFNR 1

14 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

The Selects were a swing and a miss... how many people honestly watched this and hoped for more? This is just plain bad.

My comments on this, not that anybody has asked or will be overly interested! But nonetheless:

1. Axl's vocals are on the whole terrible though Shadow Of Your Love sounds okay.

2. It is difficult to determine just exactly what look Axl is going for here. Chelsea boots, ripped jeans, tshirt, leather jacket, shirt wrapped around the waste, gloves,  bling,  single fingerless glove, bandana, scarf, and backwards cap. 

3. Knocking On Heaven's Door is so boring that it is enough to make one consider actually doing so! Full of even more guitar wank and little substance.

4. The version of Paradise City is so fucking bad that it is hardly recognisable. If this was the first time I heard the song, I likely wouldn't want to hear it again. Vocally it is unbelievably weak. But it can be best summed up by noting that whistle that should announce the crescendo, comes in late, rendering it meaningless. Much like most of the performances.

5. If this video was my first encounter with GNR, I would not be rushing back.

Me and a mate are supposed to see GNR live in Glasgow in summer, though neither of us expect it to happen. Having now watched all the selects, I'm hoping that full refunds are issued as this is frankly bollocks on the whole. The odd moment in amongst the shite gives ya hope, but that's about it. 

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

The Brazil shows from 2016 were on NA levels. Really good stuff. Axl was ill (yeah, for real :lol:) for the first ones (Argentina, Peru and Chile) but he recovered and was firing on all cylinders for the Brazil dates.

Really, really looking forward to this one!

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

10 minutes ago, GNRfanMILO said:

The Brazil shows from 2016 were on NA levels. Really good stuff. Axl was ill (yeah, for real :lol:) for the first ones (Argentina, Peru and Chile) but he recovered and was firing on all cylinders for the Brazil dates.

Really, really looking forward to this one!

Positive feedback and excitement for these 2016 Selects and it hasn’t even happened yet. Who would’ve thought giving us what we want (2016 shows) would cause such a reaction?! :wow:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gibbo said:

This when it started going to the shit after the axldc shows

It's the 2016-2017 break that made him sound like shit. Probably didn't rehearse at all during that time.

The Asian leg, right after this one, was fucking awful. Those Japan bootlegs are unlistenable.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GNRfanMILO said:

It's the 2016-2017 break that made him sound like shit. Probably didn't rehearse at all during that time.

The Asian leg, right after this one, was fucking awful. Those Japan bootlegs are unlistenable.

Watch the first show back after axldc. I just remember it sounded like shit

Edited by Gibbo
  • Like 1