6 minutes ago, Gibbo said:

This when it started going to the shit after the axldc shows

It's the 2016-2017 break that made him sound like shit. Probably didn't rehearse at all during that time.

The Asian leg, right after this one, was fucking awful. Those Japan bootlegs are unlistenable.

• Like 1
  • Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Riot shields or bust.  

Cant beleive its taken the band 3 months to do this, and Fernando only agreeing to do something like this when told to him directly by the fans. If GNR want to look at being a top tier band this

2 minutes ago, GNRfanMILO said:

It's the 2016-2017 break that made him sound like shit. Probably didn't rehearse at all during that time.

The Asian leg, right after this one, was fucking awful. Those Japan bootlegs are unlistenable.

Watch the first show back after axldc. I just remember it sounded like shit

Edited by Gibbo
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, Gibbo said:

Watch the first show back after axldc. I just remember it sounded like shit

That's right. The first dates after AXL/DC were the ones from the SA leg, which were rough because Axl was reportedly ill. I mentioned them above, Argentina, Chile and Peru. 

He was noticeable better for the Brazil ones.

• Like 1

I feel like summer 2016 is the safest bet for any and all Selects (it's a shame the powers that be don't feel the same), but at least this is among the better of the SA shows if memory serves me correctly.

The mix is good, axl sounds fantastic, delighted we got sorry. Only negative so far is slashes shit noodling on Sorry, but we knew that already. If only we got this axl forever. and a new album every 2 years for a decade! 

• Like 1
Just now, TeeJay410 said:

This song is so obviously about Slash and him playing it is both cool and really weird.

Yes, but it also sounds damn powerful with this lineup

Just turned it on for 30 seconds of a CD song I didn't recognize and a snippet of No Quarter but Axl sounded good. Rocket Queen now.. Axl sounds pretty good so far... 2016 was it....

Just now, TeeJay410 said:

Watching 2016 shows is how you could talk yourself into an album of new material from this group really being something.

Except that that was Axl 5 years ago.... Big difference 

Can we watch this from the beginning somehow?