NITL live videos on youtube

Just watched the full video, probably my favorite selects so far. Jungle is amazing, ISE and Nightrain are also great even though there were definitely better Nightrains on this tour. Sorry was way better than I expected, RQ was also good apart from the „I see you standing“ part which was full on Mickey.. UTLH was okay, I don’t think there’s a single NITL version of this song where it was really great.

Also good to hear that Axl still easily nailed the high notes there without voice cracks like it was from late 2017 onwards 

Sound and video wise probably the best selects as well so far

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Free Bird said:

We don't really disagree here. Not saying Axl sounded perfect. Even at the beginning of the RQ outro he's struggling with his clean voice.

It's more like, we are on a point where we criticize them a lot. Kinda for everything. I mean, yeah, it's what they asked for after so many years of misleading this great band, but I feel like, if something's that good, we shouldn't point out every little mistake but appreciate one of the very few situations where they gave us something to enjoy, something that's even great, at least partly.

On Nightrain... maybe it was one of the weaker ones during the verses but both, Axl and Slash, nailed the most important part of the song. From the first solo on through to the end, that's what makes this song so special, that's greatness IMO. 

Maybe I'm way to easy to please but there will be enough opportunities to criticize them for future actions... and future missing actions ;)

And I don't disagree with most of this. I think there are aome with crazy expectations. This selects is very welcome. I'll acrually rewatch this one a few times! 

The negativity gets old I understand, but I like the balance when everyone else is hailing it a masterpiece😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, James Bond said:

Also fun to see them having a blast in the rain unlike a certain other concert from 2011 when the rains hit!

Fun fact: Axl busted out the yellow jacket again that night! It is actually the only time he wore it after 2011 I know about. I remember laughing out loud when he put it on mid-song during Sweet Child.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, PrimalScream said:

Fun fact: Axl busted out the yellow jacket again that night! It is actually the only time he wore it after 2011 I know about. I remember laughing out loud when he put it on mid-song during Sweet Child.

I mean, for everything Axl is and isn't, the man definitely has a sense of humour!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

The difference between this and the other more recent Selects is black and white. The tour should have stopped in 2018, and left everyone hungry for more. And I include the band members in that- they look so much more into it here. 

Very true, you can see and hear a lot more energy in this performance. 2016-2017 had lots of momentum and managed to re-establish GNR as a major act. 

I very much wonder if the 2018 tour was driven by the the AfD remaster? 

2 hours ago, allwaystired said:

The tour should have stopped in 2018, and left everyone hungry for more. And I include the band members in that- they look so much more into it here. 

I cannot argue with this statement at all. 100% agree.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

Well... i saw this lastnite. Awesome!!!

I was hearing ISE all morning and this selects is now the best!!!!

Great mixing video (with some exceptions... but great anyways). Like hearing AFD for the fisrt time. Ise and jungle wowww!.

Awesome to hear the public too. Idk what more to say, but i believe theyre working ward to make this shit good. Thanks a looooot.

Now... the "bad" things now heheheeh:

- Pay the retire check to the drummer. 

- Call Izzy n Sorum.

- RQ was saved thanks to Slash. Axl played too safe here. "Sorry for me" but this a low point with the drums. 4Tus is great there too.

Thanks. I needed this awesome select.

Now gimme my UYI proshot and fuck me im the ass with it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, The Matinator said:

Haven’t watched yet but I do think it’s lame they’re already repeating songs in these selects. They played something like 50 songs in this tour but here comes RQ & ISE again.

They might give a good version of some of the songs that were on shit selects, i'm fine with rollimg the dice. Only thing i'd like now is a pro shot of when they didn't mess up I feel good, or the most recent version of You're crazy because I thought that was a really fun new version

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think it would be great (and devious) if TB, put one of their people on here to ask our help. Just like the forum member who is linked with the uyi boxset. 

We scrap it out over the best shows, and then the best of the best gets pinned to the op. They win because people hear the band sounding incredible, and they haven't had to go through the shows yo figure which ones are the hidden gems. We win because we get pro shots of performances we like. 

I don't think this will happen, but it would be a great idea nonetheless.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

I think it would be great (and devious) if TB, put one of their people on here to ask our help. Just like the forum member who is linked with the uyi boxset. 

We scrap it out over the best shows, and then the best of the best gets pinned to the op. They win because people hear the band sounding incredible, and they haven't had to go through the shows yo figure which ones are the hidden gems. We win because we get pro shots of performances we like. 

I don't think this will happen, but it would be a great idea nonetheless.

Fernando asked for help on reddit then ignored advice anyway

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

I thought it was good. Well filmed and good sound - if we had this gig as a pro-shot based on this footage I’d be fairly pleased. Nightrain was a bit too fast for my liking but that’s a very minor quibble.

All hail the 2016 footage!!

• Like 1