1 minute ago, downzy said:

The last time I visited Nightrain there was all of four people on it.  It's a ghost town due largely to poor moderation.

Fernando won't come here anymore.   Apparently we committed the ultimate crime of allowing discussion of the leaks a few years ago, something he likened to facilitating the distribution of the leaks themselves.  I told him I don't need his empty and ignorant legal threats and haven't spoken to him since.  This was all in the context of me trying to explain to them that openly defending one of the worst GNR community trolls of all time isn't in their best interest from a PR perspective.  

Keep in mind, people also discussed the leaks on reddit at the time so... yeah...

Wow! I didn't realise you could be labelled enemy of the state for discussing something, but OK🤣 

Not just discussed either, there were links to find it on reddit. That's just a batshit crazy thought process, wonder who he learnt that from😋

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Riot shields or bust.  

Cant beleive its taken the band 3 months to do this, and Fernando only agreeing to do something like this when told to him directly by the fans. If GNR want to look at being a top tier band this

6 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Wasn't a fan of that Yesterday's.. To me that is one of the songs that this lineup just can't get right... The solo wasn't very good and neither was Axl.. People say he sounds good there? It sounds like Mickey to me.. I know it shouldn't matter but the chair videos kind of turn me off too.  Axl looks like Humpty Dumpty with his big belly sitting on top of his skinny little legs.. Props to him and the band making it work but I don't care to see it. I would rather see him walking around trying to command the stage. 

They nailed it back in the day but fucked it up for the complete NITL tour. I'm with you, I have both, Axl and Slash, heard worse on this song but even this good performance sounds weird.

Besides the amount of covers, that's a song I would drop and play Don't Cry every gig instead.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, downzy said:

The last time I visited Nightrain there was all of four people on it.  It's a ghost town due largely to poor moderation.

Fernando won't come here anymore.   Apparently we committed the ultimate crime of allowing discussion of the leaks a few years ago, something he likened to facilitating the distribution of the leaks themselves.  I told him I don't need his empty and ignorant legal threats and haven't spoken to him since.  This was all in the context of me trying to explain to them that openly defending one of the worst GNR community trolls of all time isn't in their best interest from a PR perspective.  

Keep in mind, people also discussed the leaks on reddit at the time so... yeah...

What an absolute cunt. Telling people what they can and cannot talk about? 

Why, god, why. Why us, why GN'R? Why couldn't F'nando have happened to some other band? 

• Like 4
22 minutes ago, jamillos said:

What an absolute cunt. Telling people what they can and cannot talk about? 

Why, god, why. Why us, why GN'R? Why couldn't F'nando have happened to some other band? 

Somebody send him to Nickleback!!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
10 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

There isn't one, there was a phone clip that I think is still on youtube. Fernando is apparently going to try and upload a pro shot if they have it in the archive. 

Side note, we should also ask him for the CDII album that was ready for release in 2014, while he's in a user friendly mood😄

That would be very cool if it came to fruition! I wonder if Axl ever recorded a cover for that song in the studio from that era. 

CDII from the CD era is a holy grail.

17 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

That would be very cool if it came to fruition! I wonder if Axl ever recorded a cover for that song in the studio from that era. 

CDII from the CD era is a holy grail.

There was an alleged leaked setlist of CDII years ago but I never was convinced of its legitimacy, but I do wonder what Axl intended to hit us with as a follow up to Chinese when he still had the vision of a trilogy. 

On Sailing, they allegedly hit the studio in London in '06, so who knows? Imagine that recorded in the studio? That'd be phenomenal.

29 minutes ago, Dean said:

There was an alleged leaked setlist of CDII years ago but I never was convinced of its legitimacy, but I do wonder what Axl intended to hit us with as a follow up to Chinese when he still had the vision of a trilogy. 

On Sailing, they allegedly hit the studio in London in '06, so who knows? Imagine that recorded in the studio? That'd be phenomenal.

That list was legit. Some had it several years prior to the Village leaks in '19, and the list contained Perhaps, Nothin, and Tonto.

On another forum, someone mentioned Axl playing CD songs for them in Axl's car back in 2003, one of which was "100 Cuban Skies" and the first song on that leaked list is Cuban Skies.

27 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

That list was legit. Some had it several years prior to the Village leaks in '19, and the list contained Perhaps, Nothin, and Tonto.

On another forum, someone mentioned Axl playing CD songs for them in Axl's car back in 2003, one of which was "100 Cuban Skies" and the first song on that leaked list is Cuban Skies.

Was that the one with the multiple versions of Knockin'? I don't have it handy, I've not seen it in about 10 years but until something comes from the horses mouth, it's best to take everything with a pinch of salt. Steve Hoffman's forum was when the chap made reference to Cuban Skies. Pretty cool story too.

11 minutes ago, Dean said:

Was that the one with the multiple versions of Knockin'? I don't have it handy, I've not seen it in about 10 years but until something comes from the horses mouth, it's best to take everything with a pinch of salt. Steve Hoffman's forum was when the chap made reference to Cuban Skies. Pretty cool story too.

No, but different versions of Knockin' were mentioned in a listing of the documents MSL allegedly had from the band, which further confirms their legitimacy as we now know alt versions of Knockin' were worked on during the CD era with the Village leaks.  

10 hours ago, Cory Trevor said:

I showed that Yesterdays video to my non gnr fan musician group chat and the responses were that Axl sounds awful and Slash sounds sloppy

Axl definitely doesn't sound excellent to me, but he's definitely not awful here either. I think it's a passable vocal version. I think the rest of the band are to blame here, tempos too fast, some of the placement of the bass drum hits are off and Slash has decided to change what I considered a perfect solo adding 25% more notes... god only knows.

Would love to see them pull the tempos back on a lot of the songs in the set. Heard Paul Stanley talk about how he likes to play like the studio and Gene likes to play faster for energy, and they constantly argued about it during the 80s. I think there's room for both, but sometimes too slow makes it drag and too fast makes it sloppy and impossible for the singer to get their correct air. Not saying that was Axls issue here, but there are plenty of examples within the set like YCBM that are faster than the studio and Axl struggles every night. 

The solo is a bit too sloppy and not as fluid as it could have been (but that is to be expected from Slash), but I still like it, loving the build up to the climax. I wouldn't want him to play it note for note like how he played it on the record anyway.

Edited by EvanG
  • Haha 1
17 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

i was there 

they need to release estranged from that night - torrential storm happening and axl/slash in top form

Yea, the best performance of Estranged from the whole tour was the 4/20/16 show.

4 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

Axl definitely doesn't sound excellent to me, but he's definitely not awful here either. I think it's a passable vocal version. I think the rest of the band are to blame here, tempos too fast, some of the placement of the bass drum hits are off and Slash has decided to change what I considered a perfect solo adding 25% more notes... god only knows.

Would love to see them pull the tempos back on a lot of the songs in the set. Heard Paul Stanley talk about how he likes to play like the studio and Gene likes to play faster for energy, and they constantly argued about it during the 80s. I think there's room for both, but sometimes too slow makes it drag and too fast makes it sloppy and impossible for the singer to get their correct air. Not saying that was Axls issue here, but there are plenty of examples within the set like YCBM that are faster than the studio and Axl struggles every night. 

If they slow some of the songs down then it'll have more groove and not just be a rushed affair (which makes Slash's playing more sloppy). I think that's one reason that a lot of his solos end up just being noodling.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

If they slow some of the songs down then it'll have more groove and not just be a rushed affair (which makes Slash's playing more sloppy). I think that's one reason that a lot of his solos end up just being noodling.

Win win in my book! Metallica were terrible for playing everything way too fast for years, but in the last year during the live streams they've brought back tempos and everybody including lars is sounding better (not perfect, but but better). Gnr may as well do it. It would make the band tighter overall, not saying to go on a click, just ease up a bit

• Like 1
1 hour ago, PirateRadio said:

Wouldn’t the drummer have to slow down the tempo? Yeah...

I think they work with a click track which is synced with the animation video on the screens

• Haha 1

The Matt's original ending heavy break was completely remodelled by Frank, and it lost everything. 

Generally, this is one of the songs that should be left in the past. It didn't sound too good even in 2016. Even Slash wasn't particularly breathtaking there, and I basically never criticize this guy...

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, t-p-d-a said:

I think they work with a click track which is synced with the animation video on the screens

Maybe for some of the CD stuff but not for the rest.

2 minutes ago, jamillos said:

The Matt's original ending heavy break was completely remodelled by Frank, and it lost everything. 

Generally, this is one of the songs that should be left in the past. It didn't sound too good even in 2016. Even Slash wasn't particularly breathtaking there, and I basically never criticize this guy...

Which song is this?