NITL live videos on youtube

On 4/20/2021 at 4:33 PM, MaskingApathy said:

If they slow some of the songs down then it'll have more groove and not just be a rushed affair (which makes Slash's playing more sloppy). I think that's one reason that a lot of his solos end up just being noodling.

100% this! I also think Fortus overplays the rhythm  at times to which at times to wish doesn't mesh well.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

So then it's Duff that wants it "so" fast. For sure it ain't the hired, employee drummer, that decides how to play it.

Your wrong here. Theres a interview with Frank I read awhile back saying how he tries and bring a new york style beat to the songs and adds his own fills.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, vloors said:

Your wrong here. Theres a interview with Frank I read awhile back saying how he tries and bring a new york style beat to the songs and adds his own fills.

I was referring to the tempo. Obviously they are not going to tell him every thing he hits on those drums. But I'm sure if there is something they hate, they would tell him.

Edited by PatrickS77
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

I was referring to the tempo. Obviously they are not going to tell him every thing he hits on those drums. But I'm sure if there is something they hate, they would tell him.

I wish I could find the video, but there was a performance of Yesterdays and Frank flubbed the fill going back into verse II, Duff shot him a look to kill... safe to say Frank played the album fill the next time they played😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

I wish I could find the video, but there was a performance of Yesterdays and Frank flubbed the fill going back into verse II, Duff shot him a look to kill... safe to say Frank played the album fill the next time they played😄

Thats the thing. The bass player relies on the drummer and vice versa. Duff would be first to notice the errors.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, vloors said:

Thats the thing. The bass player relies on the drummer and vice versa. Duff would be first to notice the errors.

As a guitar player I rely on the drum more than anything, if that isn't there the way I like it's a feckin' drag.... and the drummers going to be nagged incessantly... feel for Frank😄

Edited by Tom2112

2 hours ago, vloors said:

Best version of It's So Easy the whole tour... I think this one captures the energy of the performance and volume of the crowd better but there was another shot with better audio. Great stuff either way... 

Edited by Tom-Ass
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

I think they just don't care so much now (at least in Slash's case) since they couldn't get Matt. As mentioned earlier, Slash doesn't have any drums in his IEM, it's basically just his guitar and occasionally a line or two of Axl. Sometimes a little drums for a song intro like YCBM. So once the tour got going he probably decided it is what it is and didn't care anymore about what Frank was doing or how fast the songs were or whatever. His body language certainly points to that, with a few exceptions (like SOYL, Slither).

Like Matt said in his book, "It's just a gig."

30 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Best version of It's So Easy the whole tour... I think this one captures the energy of the performance and volume of the crowd better but there was another shot with better audio. Great stuff either way... 

Yea I remember seeing the other angled shot too. One of the great performances of 2017

2 hours ago, vloors said:

so that explains all the weird improvised "new york hip hop" fills on songs like its so easy 

36 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

"normal version

3 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

...what?

They played the songs "their way" in the CD years. When Slash and Duff re-joined the band, the songs changed. Must just be a coincidence, though...

both groups don't like each other so they play "far" away from each other 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

I think they just don't care so much now (at least in Slash's case) since they couldn't get Matt. As mentioned earlier, Slash doesn't have any drums in his IEM, it's basically just his guitar and occasionally a line or two of Axl. Sometimes a little drums for a song intro like YCBM. So once the tour got going he probably decided it is what it is and didn't care anymore about what Frank was doing or how fast the songs were or whatever. His body language certainly points to that, with a few exceptions (like SOYL, Slither).

Right. :facepalm: You should do something about your bias. It's showing. The hired drummer does something, which supposedly no one asked him to do and no one really likes, but affects the performance of everyone in the band, but no one gives a shit and doesn't really say anything. If you really believe that...

Edited by PatrickS77
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

Slash doesn't have any drums in his IEM, it's basically just his guitar and occasionally a line or two of Axl. Sometimes a little drums for a song intro like YCBM.

Wow.... This explain all of things I'm sayin' about Slash senseless playin' this four year... He is just listening himself...

But wait a minute... Slash decides what goes on his IEM , so it's entirely his fault... Not Frank... So if slash is not Listening the rest of the band... It's not Frank fault of some mistakes. It's Slash's that is not hearing what he should.

8 hours ago, Lies They Tell said:

Oh the irony of people here complaining about the too fast tempo of Franks's playing and then praising the super fast Taylor Hawkins version of It's So Easy.

Wait to see about the feel/vibe of the way Taylor is playin....

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Beto 22 said:

Wow.... This explain all of things I'm sayin' about Slash senseless playin' this four year... He is just listening himself...

But wait a minute... Slash decides what goes on his IEM , so it's entirely his fault... Not Frank... So if slash is not Listening the rest of the band... It's not Frank fault of some mistakes. It's Slash's that is not hearing what he should.

Wait to see about the feel/vibe of the way Taylor is playin....

I can never understand when these things come out. Hetfield has buggar all drums and just guitars and voice, Slash doesn't have vocals... why not have everything and boost your own bits? Preference at the end of the day and what makes them most comfortable, but when Slash says "Axl sang his ass off that night" what's his qualification to say that if he can't hear him🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Lies They Tell said:

Oh the irony of people here complaining about the too fast tempo of Franks's playing and then praising the super fast Taylor Hawkins version of It's So Easy.

I think if Frank played on Taylors set up most people here would have an entirely different opinion of him. Much prefer Taylors drum sound, I've covered my distaste for Franks boomy snare already.. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

I think if Frank played on Taylors set up most people here would have an entirely different opinion of him. Much prefer Taylors drum sound, I've covered my distaste for Franks boomy snare already.. 

I feel you... Have the same problem with Brain drum sound... 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

16 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

Source?

20 minutes ago, ChrisMaciel said:

Source?

Part of Slash and Duff's IEM recordings from 2017 leaked a while ago, I'll send them to you. Slash basically only has his guitar in his IEM, which some people seem to think means he can't hear the other guys. In reality, he can hear everything on stage and uses his IEM to boost his own sound.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Part of Slash and Duff's IEM recordings from 2017 leaked a while ago, I'll send them to you.

Thank you. I'm listening to it.

6 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Slash basically only has his guitar in his IEM, which some people seem to think means he can't hear the other guys. In reality, he can hear everything on stage and uses his IEM to boost his own sound.

Maybe those leaked IEM's are only one channel. Like the band is mixed in one ear and his parts are mixed on the other.

But i don't know for sure.