NITL live videos on youtube

35 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Supposedly, yes. Or at least that's what I was told. 

I was there when it happened and I can confirm that he didn’t say anything about charging for them.

It sucks that it will some songs only though. Most of the fundraising stuff that we’ve seen lately on YT is done with full concerts. I don’t know how they will make it work with just a few songs. 

Edited by GNRfanMILO
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, GNRfanMILO said:

I was there when it happened and I can confirm that he didn’t say anything about charging for them.

It sucks that it will some songs only though. Most of the fundraising stuff that we’ve seen lately on YT work with full concerts. I don’t know how they will make it work with just a few songs. 

Right on. Thank you for the clarification / correction! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RussTCB said:

One thing I think everyone needs to remember is that Fernando did mention the possibly of this being a paid thing. He said it wasn't going to be like Metallica is doing it. So I hope everyone isn't waiting for this stuff to show up on YouTube. 

No. There is the option to set a youtube video as 'fundraising', go look at any of Nirvana's vids atm.

Most likely GNR will put out some Troubadour vids and put all ad revenue to that fundraiser. 

44 minutes ago, GNRfanMILO said:

It sucks that it will some songs only though. Most of the fundraising stuff that we’ve seen lately on YT is done with full concerts. I don’t know how they will make it work with just a few songs. 

26 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Right on. Thank you for the clarification / correction! 

21 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

No. There is the option to set a youtube video as 'fundraising', go look at any of Nirvana's vids atm.

Most likely GNR will put out some Troubadour vids and put all ad revenue to that fundraiser. 

See above where this was already clarified. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Creed said:

Is this really from 2017? Just 1y after his hearing loss?

And don't forget Joe Cocker who was in his prime with 50+. There are guys who still got it. 

I remember watching this and being buzzed that Brian was back on stage.

Will be cool to hear a new album with him on it.

You can hear the strain in his voice a bit here, he has the same issue Axl has in that a lot of the setlist he is used to performing is v high and driven.

20 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Just to clarify, I was wrong and apparently he did NOT say they would be charging for the uploads. 

In that case, I'll stick with my initial feeling: we'll get a few clips, heavily edited, in a montage style,  probably overlaid with the studio recordings of the tracks. 

I really do think people are letting their expectations get way out of control on this one. 

• GNFNR 1

5 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

In that case, I'll stick with my initial feeling: we'll get a few clips, heavily edited, in a montage style,  probably overlaid with the studio recordings of the tracks. 

I really do think people are letting their expectations get way out of control on this one. 

Normally I'd be just as cynical as you, but I remain cautiously optimistic. Fernando has said they'll post footage from the Troubadour show, and even if we 'only' get that much, it's still better than nothing. So, as much as I give TB shit for their behaviour, I'll give them credit where it's due: this is the first time in a decade that they seem to be listening to fans and trying to give us something we want.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Normally I'd be just as cynical as you, but I remain cautiously optimistic. Fernando has said they'll post footage from the Troubadour show, and even if we 'only' get that much, it's still better than nothing. So, as much as I give TB shit for their behaviour, I'll give them credit where it's due: this is the first time in a decade that they seem to be listening to fans and trying to give us something we want.

Did he say that? I was under the impression that he said they would do some fund raising for the venue, rather than release clips from it.

In the past he has definitely said that footage won't be seen....

Just now, allwaystired said:

Did he say that? I was under the impression that he said they would do some fund raising for the venue, rather than release clips from it.

In the past he has definitely said that footage won't be seen....

He said they wouldn't post the full concert, but he implied that select songs from that show will be what they upload first.

The 'fundraising' would come from releasing those videos, there are tons of bands doing that kind of thing on youtube now - the ad revenue goes to 'x cause' and people can choose to donate, but it's not like they'll be charging people to watch individual songs.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

He said they wouldn't post the full concert, but he implied that select songs from that show will be what they upload first.

The 'fundraising' would come from releasing those videos, there are tons of bands doing that kind of thing on youtube now - the ad revenue goes to 'x cause' and people can choose to donate, but it's not like they'll be charging people to watch individual songs.

Fair enough. 

We'll have to wait and see what emerges....but I fear the time delay will mean some heavy and severe editing going on. 

16 hours ago, t-p-d-a said:

I'm pretty sure that:

Slash and Myles Kennendy can
- release a New Album
- doing a Amerian & Europe Tour
- release a CD+DVD Box of a live concert

BEFORE

Guns N' Roses release a YouTube Clip

I would love that.

10 hours ago, SAU3R said:

Easy, Brownstone, CD, DTJ should definitely be in and a strong Jungle 2016..then maybe some things from 2017 as well, Nightrain, Maddy, Don't Cry, Seeker and from 2018/19 maybe Shadow and Locomotive 

Those are good choices. Would love to hear the current version of You're Crazy as well.

Didn't they upload random standalone songs around 2010-20011 on their channel?  I remember some one off uploads here and there of various songs like Estranged.  To me I sense that that may be what will happen now, just a couple songs here and there

1 hour ago, WhazUp said:

Didn't they upload random standalone songs around 2010-20011 on their channel?  I remember some one off uploads here and there of various songs like Estranged.  To me I sense that that may be what will happen now, just a couple songs here and there

estranged, KOHD and CD from La Plata 2011. Screen feed with shitty audio 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, RussTCB said:

That would certainly be cool. 

I sure as hell wouldn't, but apparently they're going to attempt to sell it in some fashion. 

AFD and illusions period and troubador are the only shows im willing to pay to see. Was their any video footage of when GNR supported motley during 87?.