NITL live videos on youtube

19 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Axl's I think, here's RQ from a remastered version tho: https://voca.ro/1dnGCIUs7e0Z

It really sounds like he'd been touring for too long. You can tell he's trying for rasp but his voice just fails him at times during the show, and when he does get some consistent rasp like in WTTJ or Nightrain it sounds very forced, unlike the 2016 shows.

That's not a pleasant listen. The band sound pretty good... well, the middle section is a bit of a mess, the Prince guitar under the talk box? I'll pass. Also the splash on the off-beat? never heard that before, cool but possibly too much when Richards doing a funk rhythm.. Richards solo should have ended much, much sooner too. Every-time I thought it was wrapping up he started again😅 Axl though, he takes the biscuit (extra value pack). Sounds awful. Punchy mix though

• Like 1

On 4/23/2021 at 12:39 AM, gabmmor said:

However, I find all this tempo subject so silly. Lots of people who complain about it loves listening to Ritz 88 and don't say a word about the rushed songs

You can get away with playing some songs at a faster tempo.. But there are clearly songs in their set that suffer from it.. Like November Rain.. You just loose the vibe.. Rocket Queen as well.. There are a bunch.. I don't think it helps Axl either during the songs he noticeably cannot keep up. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, slash23579 said:

So in the description it says we’ll get The Godfather theme, SCOM, and TWAT at least. Hopefully TWAT is good, I don’t really remember how that sounded in 2016.

I don't remember Axl. In 2016 he probably sounded good but Slash didn't, based on the fan videos and Periscope streams.

1 hour ago, slash23579 said:

So in the description it says we’ll get The Godfather theme, SCOM, and TWAT at least. Hopefully TWAT is good, I don’t really remember how that sounded in 2016.

Plus Better, and probably My Michelle with Steven, and You Could Be Mine.

Steven's in the trailer they posted on twitter:

and in that trailer Axl is wearing the same vest that he wore in Chile, during YCBM: https://streamable.com/2q0zsk

29 minutes ago, SAU3R said:

So we have TWAT, Better, SCOM and YCBM in one  video? Thats gonna sound like Disneyland, we‘ll get a proper Mickey fest… 

I'm assuming TWAT (and maybe Godfather/SCOM) will be from the 4.20.16 Mexico show (the video of Yesterdays they posted a while ago is from the same show). It was the first time they played it so it's not the best, but it's alright for a throne-era performance. Honestly I'm just glad we're getting at least one pro-shot song with Steven.

Looking back at the Selects…when the band were good they were REALLY good. Just watching OTGM from Houston again….absolutely cracking.

If only a soundboard/IEM or god forbid an official release of this gig actually happened. 😭

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 3

14 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

and in that trailer Axl is wearing the same vest that he wore in Chile, during YCBM: https://streamable.com/2q0zsk

They could make a pretty cool song out of that live Better intro jam...but probably won't.

13 minutes ago, GoBucky said:

They could make a pretty cool song out of that live Better intro jam...but probably won't.

The intro jam is just the bridge of the song. It's the groove under the part right before "I never wanted you to be so full of anger" bridge. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

The intro jam is just the bridge of the song. It's the groove under the part right before "I never wanted you to be so full of anger" bridge. 

Ah, I guess I need to listen to the song again 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

My buddy Christian made that vest. One of my favs! 

Just now, Nesret said:

Thanks for pointing this out again!

Of course, that still didn't stop some from saying stuff like "Slash made that song 1000x better by adding a whole new original sleazy riff to it that sounds so much more GnR!"

Haha - that's pretty much what I think! It did sound better to me, whether the riff is original or not. And I say that as a big fan of the CD era of the band. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Nesret said:

Thanks for pointing this out again!

Of course, that still didn't stop some from saying stuff like "Slash made that song 1000x better by adding a whole new original sleazy riff to it that sounds so much more GnR!"

Right on. Yeah, Better is my favorite GN'R song and even I missed the connection. 

When I heard the new intro at the Vegas show, I was like" well fuck. Way to improve what I already love Slash & Duff!". 

Then soon after someone on here was like "um, they didn't improve anything, they just copied the bridge to the beginning". 

I feel really dumb lol

20 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Right on. Yeah, Better is my favorite GN'R song and even I missed the connection. 

When I heard the new intro at the Vegas show, I was like" well fuck. Way to improve what I already love Slash & Duff!". 

Then soon after someone on here was like "um, they didn't improve anything, they just copied the bridge to the beginning". 

I feel really dumb lol

Maybe Duff didn't really add much, but Slash made the double bends and palm-mute riff that plays before the original Robin riff kicks in. The original structure of the chord progression is surely borrowed from the original song (and if I recall correctly, Richard said the idea for the intro was from a Brain remix), but Slash made an arrangement that sounds different enough.

• Like 2