Jump to content

NITL live videos on youtube


Recommended Posts

20 minutes ago, ChrisMaciel said:

Source?

Part of Slash and Duff's IEM recordings from 2017 leaked a while ago, I'll send them to you. Slash basically only has his guitar in his IEM, which some people seem to think means he can't hear the other guys. In reality, he can hear everything on stage and uses his IEM to boost his own sound.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Part of Slash and Duff's IEM recordings from 2017 leaked a while ago, I'll send them to you.

Thank you. I'm listening to it.

6 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Slash basically only has his guitar in his IEM, which some people seem to think means he can't hear the other guys. In reality, he can hear everything on stage and uses his IEM to boost his own sound.

Maybe those leaked IEM's are only one channel. Like the band is mixed in one ear and his parts are mixed on the other.

But i don't know for sure.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

I can never understand when these things come out. Hetfield has buggar all drums and just guitars and voice, Slash doesn't have vocals... why not have everything and boost your own bits? Preference at the end of the day and what makes them most comfortable, but when Slash says "Axl sang his ass off that night" what's his qualification to say that if he can't hear him🤣

I think he can hear the other stuff from the stage volume, at least the drums. Maybe he doesn't really need the vocals (or doesn't want to hear it)? I would love to hear his IEM mix from the last SMKC tour and see how that compares.

2 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

I think if Frank played on Taylors set up most people here would have an entirely different opinion of him. Much prefer Taylors drum sound, I've covered my distaste for Franks boomy snare already.. 

That has more to do with how the snare is EQ'd in the mix, not the drum itself. If you sat in the room with his kit I don't think it would sound like that.

5 hours ago, Beto 22 said:

Wow.... This explain all of things I'm sayin' about Slash senseless playin' this four year... He is just listening himself...

But wait a minute... Slash decides what goes on his IEM , so it's entirely his fault... Not Frank... So if slash is not Listening the rest of the band... It's not Frank fault of some mistakes. It's Slash's that is not hearing what he should.

Wait to see about the feel/vibe of the way Taylor is playin....

Whose mistakes, Slash or Frank?

13 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

Right. :facepalm: You should do something about your bias. It's showing. The hired drummer does something, which supposedly no one asked him to do and no one really likes, but affects the performance of everyone in the band, but no one gives a shit and doesn't really say anything. If you really believe that...

Well that's my perception based on what I've seen.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

I think he can hear the other stuff from the stage volume, at least the drums. Maybe he doesn't really need the vocals (or doesn't want to hear it)? I would love to hear his IEM mix from the last SMKC tour and see how that compares.

That has more to do with how the snare is EQ'd in the mix, not the drum itself. If you sat in the room with his kit I don't think it would sound like that.

Whose mistakes, Slash or Frank?

Well that's my perception based on what I've seen.

I think it's a deeper snare than what he used before NITL, but yeah it's definitely the eq. Hate it😄 if I was in the room I'd pull a duff/Izzy and hide the snare.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MaskingApathy said:

I think he can hear the other stuff from the stage volume, at least the drums. Maybe he doesn't really need the vocals (or doesn't want to hear it)? I would love to hear his IEM mix from the last SMKC tour and see how that compares.

That has more to do with how the snare is EQ'd in the mix, not the drum itself. If you sat in the room with his kit I don't think it would sound like that.

Whose mistakes, Slash or Frank?

Well that's my perception based on what I've seen.

I think stage volume is to an absolute minimum, basically just drums and some side wedges. But also when you have IEMs in you can't even hear the person beside you, it's just what's in your plugs. Some players leave one ear out though for a more natural sound. He sounds like a guy who would do that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

I think stage volume is to an absolute minimum, basically just drums and some side wedges. But also when you have IEMs in you can't even hear the person beside you, it's just what's in your plugs. Some players leave one ear out though for a more natural sound. He sounds like a guy who would do that.

They have IEM that let in some ambient sound too though, so maybe he has that. Idk, at least with drums he can probably hear/feel enough coming off the riser to go off of.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

They have IEM that let in some ambient sound too though, so maybe he has that. Idk, at least with drums he can probably hear/feel enough coming off the riser to go off of.

Didn't someone post an audio snippet of one of their IEMs? Maybe I'm mistaken.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

I think if Frank played on Taylors set up most people here would have an entirely different opinion of him. Much prefer Taylors drum sound, I've covered my distaste for Franks boomy snare already.. 

Yes its setup, tone and the fills Frank uses that fuck up the songs. Some of the songs need swing where his using his ny beat and it just doesnt sound great

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think they haven't been rushing the songs for some time now. I've been noticing steadier tempos since like 2017 or something. In addition to it, when I listen to Reykjavik 2018 IEM's, I can clearly hear a click track right after the end of Paradise City, so it's pretty much a past issue.

However, I find all this tempo subject so silly. Lots of people who complain about it loves listening to Ritz 88 and don't say a word about the rushed songs - Adler even forgets to play the last bar of It's So Easy! The same goes for Taylor Hawkins' version. I think it's much more a matter of drum tone or EQ, although it has got slightly better since 2019 North American tour.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, gabmmor said:

I think they haven't been rushing the songs for some time now. I've been noticing steadier tempos since like 2017 or something. In addition to it, when I listen to Reykjavik 2018 IEM's, I can clearly hear a click track right after the end of Paradise City, so it's pretty much a past issue.

However, I find all this tempo subject so silly. Lots of people who complain about it loves listening to Ritz 88 and don't say a word about the rushed songs - Adler even forgets to play the last bar of It's So Easy! The same goes for Taylor Hawkins' version. I think it's much more a matter of drum tone or EQ, although it has got slightly better since 2019 North American tour.

Agree gabs

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

They have IEM that let in some ambient sound too though, so maybe he has that. Idk, at least with drums he can probably hear/feel enough coming off the riser to go off of.

He must because it would be near impossible not to have some sense of what was going on. Like I've never played a stage 1/10 the size and sometimes depending on the drummer and band positioning I haven't been able to hear them and it's a clusterfuck😅 best forgotten!!! The size of those nitl stages must mean there's bssic mixed being bussed around the stage, has to be!

Edited by Tom2112
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/22/2021 at 4:15 PM, Tom2112 said:

I think it's a deeper snare than what he used before NITL, but yeah it's definitely the eq. Hate it😄 if I was in the room I'd pull a duff/Izzy and hide the snare.

Check out that video from 2016 that was posted by Meegan of the band soundchexking Estranged. Night and day difference hearing Frank's natural kit from stage volume versus what we hear in the mix. It sounds pretty great.

I definitely agree with you on the mix sound. Considering Frank's heavy reliance on grace notes and ghosting, the high levels of compression do his kit and style zero favours.

  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/22/2021 at 10:25 PM, GNR_RNR said:

Actually liked this performance of Yesterdays.

Axl's 2016 vocals were on point :axl:

I thought I was the only one. I don't like the later "Yesterdays" because they were too "clean" and "sloppy". I think the version is actually pretty good for Axl's current standards. I've watched and listened to this clip several times already.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

 

Lucky you, I wish I'd never heard that recording :lol:It was really awful, and kinda depressing to listen to.

Why, because of Axl?

8 hours ago, James Bond said:

Check out that video from 2016 that was posted by Meegan of the band soundchexking Estranged. Night and day difference hearing Frank's natural kit from stage volume versus what we hear in the mix. It sounds pretty great.

I definitely agree with you on the mix sound. Considering Frank's heavy reliance on grace notes and ghosting, the high levels of compression do his kit and style zero favours.

Frank's drum tech (Imy James) also worked with Fitzy for part of the last SMKC tour, so he knows how to get those drums sounding good. But I've always hated what Caram did in the house mix, doesn't sound natural.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, t-p-d-a said:

I thought I was the only one. I don't like the later "Yesterdays" because they were too "clean" and "sloppy". I think the version is actually pretty good for Axl's current standards. I've watched and listened to this clip several times already.

this was axl's best night of the tour yesterdays was the most challenging one of them all and he pulled it off 

if anyone gets the jungle video this is 1988 axl 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

this was axl's best night of the tour yesterdays was the most challenging one of them all and he pulled it off 

if anyone gets the jungle video this is 1988 axl 

 

https://streamable.com/o8v49i

Great intro scream... they really should've made Mexico City and Houston separate Selects. The 'throne era' wasn't ideal but it was still cool and had some great performances.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

 

Yup... if he isn't singing like Dustin Bones, he's forcing out an unpleasant, unnatural rasp. He really sounds like a singer whose voice is on its last legs in that recording. :no:

Whose mix was it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, MaskingApathy said:

Whose mix was it?

 

Axl's I think, here's RQ from a remastered version tho: https://voca.ro/1dnGCIUs7e0Z

It really sounds like he'd been touring for too long. You can tell he's trying for rasp but his voice just fails him at times during the show, and when he does get some consistent rasp like in WTTJ or Nightrain it sounds very forced, unlike the 2016 shows.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...