NITL live videos on youtube

42 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Right on. Yeah, Better is my favorite GN'R song and even I missed the connection. 

When I heard the new intro at the Vegas show, I was like" well fuck. Way to improve what I already love Slash & Duff!". 

Then soon after someone on here was like "um, they didn't improve anything, they just copied the bridge to the beginning". 

I feel really dumb lol

I love the original repeating bridge in Better. It highlights how amazing the band at the time of recording was. Very hard, I dig.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sweersa said:

I love the original repeating bridge in Better. It highlights how amazing the band at the time of recording was. Very hard, I dig.

Agreed. I love it too. With Better being my all time favorite GN'R song, I was stunned when I didn't notice that about the bridge / new intro. 

4 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Agreed. I love it too. With Better being my all time favorite GN'R song, I was stunned when I didn't notice that about the bridge / new intro. 

It's definitely not verbatim, I'd say more re-worked. Or perhaps the part people are talking about is buried to where I didn't make the connection. 

The last 2 have been pretty good, it's no surprise the best selects have been from 2016. My Michelle and TWAT were the highlights, it's great we finally got a pro-shot song with Steven.

If they do a North America 2016 compilation, hopefully they include OTGM with Adler, and Patience from Glendale.

• Like 2

The mix even sucks on My Michelle.. This band literally can't do anything right.. I had high hopes after the last Selects but this mess sure isn't going build any excitment for the tour...

I am sure it was a great show (Axl sounds pretty good) but again a terrible mix and they fail to capture the energy of the crowd which I am sure was absolutely out of this stratosphere

I'd like to think they are saving all the great production and mix for some kind of offcial release.. But it has been 5 1/2 years..

Can't even finish this one.

51 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

This might be the worst mix yet (aside from Locomotive)..  The drums are obnoxious.. Terrible in Brownstone and even worse in the YCBM intro so far... Jesus..

2 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

The mix even sucks on My Michelle.. This band literally can't do anything right.. I had high hopes after the last Selects but this mess sure isn't going build any excitment for the tour...

I am sure it was a great show (Axl sounds pretty good) but again a terrible mix and they fail to capture the energy of the crowd which I am sure was absolutely out of this stratosphere

I'd like to think they are saving all the great production and mix for some kind of offcial release.. But it has been 5 1/2 years..

I agree the drums are always way too loud

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

It's probably for the best that you didn't make it to Don't Cry... :lol:

Agree about the mix though, the sound on most selects has been poor.

It would've been great to get one of the US performances with Steven, but it's cool we got one at all tbh. This wasn't as good as the other 2016 selects but it's still miles better than the 2018-19 videos.