NITL live videos on youtube

2 minutes ago, jamillos said:

1) I don't like this "we" have played. No, you haven't. 

2) I suppose this concerns NITL, right? Cool, let's go with it already! 

Yeah, that caught my eye too. You don't see other managers saying "we played a gig" do you? 

That's very odd. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

Hahaha, well done. 

I just compare how GNR does (or doesn't) do things with other legacy acts. 

Take Pink Floyd for example: 2 of the 5 members have passed away. The 3 that are alive barely speak and when they do, it's still insanely hostile. 

Yet, FOUR weeks ago they started uploading concert footage for free on their social media. The first two things they uploaded were full newly remastered and re-edited concerts from a boxed set they just released last year for $600, but they're giving that footage away now. 

So, that's how Floyd can do things, yet GNR is still thinking about getting around to maybe uploading something we've probably already seen lol. 

In classic GNR fashion, they're 4 hours weeks late. :lol:

Haven't Floyd been releasing remastered albums and live stuff somewhat regularly over the years, though? GNR don't really compare to them, and the bar for GNR is probably lower in terms of what fans will accept. Honestly, it'd be cool if they just uploaded the remastered Ritz 88 show (which they apparently played at a launch party for the AFD box set, and then never released), but hopefully we get some cool, unseen footage.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, alfierose said:

If I had to guess part of the issue will be that there's no existing set up or designated and qualified person to oversee this. There should be and that set up should already exist within the management of a band like GNR and should have existed for a number of years now. 

Probably the reason Pink Floyd got to it quickly is because they have the set up in place already.

Also, the Pink Floyd pro shot catalog is absolutely teeny tiny, much to the dismay of their fans. Also their band isn't terribly managed. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Yeah, that caught my eye too. You don't see other managers saying "we played a gig" do you? 

That's very odd. 

Not that odd. I’ve heard managers say it often. Although usually it’s in a business setting

9 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

My guess: Nothing gets uploaded and then it's forgotten. Like the "album within 6 months". He's just in full troll mode these days.

He just knows he can say whatever the fuck he wants without ever getting checked. Like a cop's kid in a small down, he's just a little punk who got placed in the highest role possible because of his crafty mom.  And that's not even a diss, that's just exactly what happened.  All of this garbage isn't all that surprising when you see it for what it is. 

Disappointing? You bet. Not surprising.

Edited by sofine11
  • Like 3

To bring the pearl jam comparison up yet again, while all of this is going on over here (and will probably never see the light of day) 

in march around the time all this crazy stuff started happening, a FAN was able to get his hands on video from the 1993 Vs. tour. 150% pro shot video that had never been seen before. 

did Eddie and the boys have it taken down? No. Are they still probably going to make an official release out of it one day? Maybe. Who knows, PJ does what it wants. Thats the kind of fan service every band should give their fans

Edited by alfierose
Removed video

1 minute ago, allwaystired said:

I'm all ears on an example of a band manager saying "we did a gig" because it's a new one on me.......

As I said, often in a business setting. They use “we” often to refer to their team and the band. It takes more than just the band members to put on a large show 

1 minute ago, guitarpatch said:

As I said, often in a business setting. They use “we” often to refer to their team and the band. It takes more than just the band members to put on a large show 

"We have played".

No "we" haven't. They did. 

It's decidedly odd, by any stretch of the imagination. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

To bring the pearl jam comparison up yet again, while all of this is going on over here (and will probably never see the light of day) 

in march around the time all this crazy stuff started happening, a FAN was able to get his hands on video from the 1993 Vs. tour. 150% pro shot video that had never been seen before. 

did Eddie and the boys have it taken down? No. Are they still probably going to make an official release out of it one day? Maybe. Who knows, PJ does what it wants. Thats the kind of fan service every band should give their fans

Sorry I removed your link. Not to be a dick but because unlike Pearl Jam fans our lot will report it and this forum for linking it.

5 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

"We have played".

No "we" haven't. They did. 

It's decidedly odd, by any stretch of the imagination. 

I’m saying it’s from experience but whatever.  There’s a lot to nitpick management from a fan’s perspective here, this thing not so much. If anything he’s using music business language in a public setting

Edited by guitarpatch

Just now, guitarpatch said:

I’m saying it’s from experience but whatever.  There’s a lot to nitpick management on from a fan’s perspective here, this thing not so much. If anything he’s using music business language in a public setting

Let's be generous then and say that might possibly be all it is. 

6 minutes ago, alfierose said:

Sorry I removed your link. Not to be a dick but because unlike Pearl Jam fans our lot will report it and this forum for linking it.

My b. Ive been out of the loop for a minute and only vaguely know about the DMCA stuff

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, alfierose said:

If I had to guess part of the issue will be that there's no existing set up or designated and qualified person to oversee this. There should be and that set up should already exist within the management of a band like GNR and should have existed for a number of years now. 

Probably the reason Pink Floyd got to it quickly is because they have the set up in place already.

Hire me, I'll do it.

44 minutes ago, alfierose said:

It's the music version of people who have Facebook profiles called 'JennyandStevenSmith' and post updates like 'we are pregnant' :lol:

I hate people like that. Knew a lot of them growing up.

• Like 1