NITL live videos on youtube

55 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Obviously we all want new music... but if they aren't gonna release that, then old pro-shots are the next best thing.

UYI and CD era stuff would be the best, but even if we 'only' get some 2016 stuff, I'll be happy.

My big concern at this point is whether or not it'll be full songs or just clips of songs. If they're gonna post live stuff, I'd much rather it be full songs. 

Well, my first choice would be full shows but if not, full songs at least. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

My big concern at this point is whether or not it'll be full songs or just clips of songs. If they're gonna post live stuff, I'd much rather it be full songs. 

It wouldn’t be the first time this band has been ass backwards in simply following the industry standard. Hope for the best and expect the worst  

• GNFNR 1

5 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

or just clips of songs.

As I was reading that, my exact thought was "there's no way they'd be that stup.... oh fuck" :lol:

If it were just gonna be clips of songs, or montages with studio audio, or some other lame shit, I think they'd just post it on their social media with a random caption like "Axl time" like they've done before. But I remain optimistic that we'll get some cool, full-length live songs.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

This has been said time and again on here, but they're missing out on so much good PR and $$$ by not doing what Metallica does. They're streaming a show today where the Black Album is played front to back. Given how much footage GN'R has, I'd gladly pay for Illusion/early CD era shows

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

11 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

As I was reading that, my exact thought was "there's no way they'd be that stup.... oh fuck" :lol:

If it were just gonna be clips of songs, or montages with studio audio, or some other lame shit, I think they'd just post it on their social media with a random caption like "Axl time" like they've done before. But I remain optimistic that we'll get some cool, full-length live songs.

Hopefully they'll do right be their "fam" 

• GNFNR 1

Obviously they are seriously looking into how a band might release a performance video on YouTube in this day and age. This shit is nearly as confounding as figuring out how to release a few MP3’s you know...

• Haha 3

57 minutes ago, StayofExecution2020 said:

Dumbass Fernando probably didn't check back with axl if he is allowed to upload videos. Axl told him not to and now it's off.

Let’s hope the shitty book meets the same fate before its September release 

5 hours ago, Dangelus said:

Obviously they are seriously looking into how a band might release a performance video on YouTube in this day and age. This shit is nearly as confounding as figuring out how to release a few MP3’s you know...

If a 6 year old kid from the Philippines can figure out how to start a YouTube page and go viral I’m highly certain a few immigrants from Brazil can POSSIBLY figure out how to upload 30 seconds of pro shot concert footage that was already recorded by somebody else. 

but then again, you never know because...well...#management 

12 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Obviously we all want new music... but if they aren't gonna release that, then old pro-shots are the next best thing.

UYI and CD era stuff would be the best, but even if we 'only' get some 2016 stuff, I'll be happy.

Thing is, there is a select few gigs that sound so good that I'd be happy to see if it's only NITL.

Give us Albany, Toronto or NY 2002 and i'll never complain again!

11 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I was under impression we are all experienced enough not to expect full shows. But not to expect even full SONGS... Well, it speaks volumes. This is where we are now. Looking forward to the clips.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, F*ck Fear said:

Thing is, there is a select few gigs that sound so good that I'd be happy to see if it's only NITL.

Give us Albany, Toronto or NY 2002 and i'll never complain again!

However, there's about absolute zero possibility that they'd want to promote NuGNR now. If we're talking some 20 concerts released step by step - which is not gonna happen, I mean come on - then maybe one or two of them could be 2002 at some point. But the first gigs (especially if they're gonna be just a few) logically have to be either NITL (I'm betting on a 90% chance) or old Guns. And I don't think it needs any explanation. 

Yes, I would like to have one proper 2002 pro-shot, but... don't see that happening - not from the official sources anyway. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

53 minutes ago, Rayno said:

I was under impression we are all experienced enough not to expect full shows. But not to expect even full SONGS... Well, it speaks volumes. This is where we are now. Looking forward to the clips.

That would be crazy if week 1 we got a 30 second clip of Sweet Child. 

'Enjoy Fam, we hope to have 45 seconds next week! We're working on it' 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, WildStar said:

I will not be surprised when that is exactly what happens.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Rayno said:

Honestly, i couldn't care less any more. Who really wants to watch the same performances we have seen before? Sure, it will be in a higher quality, but who actually, really, cares? The shit we're going to get won't even be as good as what other bands are doing (releasing new music or giving out whole shows for free).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WildStar said:

I wouldn't even put money on anything happening. 'Believe it when I see it' has to be the stance for any GNR fan now. 

Ironically they keep also doing things I don't believe, even though I've seen them!