NITL live videos on youtube

5 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

It's not 'endless' at all, but it's pretty transparent what's going on, as you can clearly see. They're even confusing their conversations at this point - which says all you need to know I think. 

The reason I've been 'accusing' (although I have actually been careful not to do this, so wouldn't call it such) is that it's very difficult for anyone on here to have a reasonable debate without the same three accounts deliberately and intentionally derailing it with nonsense and outright lies. It's the same old story, whichever forum you go to,and sadly probably the same people. I got sick of it, so decided to challenge them a bit, largely because the mannerisms, wordings, attitudes and behaviour are identical to that seen elsewhere.  

I wouldn't suggest for one second any of them is Jarmo - he has better things to do with his time, and isn't banned from every forum. I see no reason either why people would continue to create alt-accounts, but they do. It's gone on for years, and will presumably continue to go on. 

I apologise if you find it 'annoying' but when every user who dares to say anything critical of the band is leapt on by the same 'three' users, it's difficult not to want to challenge this in some way. 

Be as paranoid as want. All i can say is that I’m not using any alt accounts. I’ve been critical of this band/management countless times here. Everything must be a conspiracy

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, DurhamGirl said:

I am watching Guns n Roses at Fenders Ballroom, Long Beach  1986 on Youtube...has it always been on there?

Just saw it for the first time...holy shit do I miss that sound. Steven really makes the difference, all the way from the 80's to his guest performances on the NITL tour I must say this drummer really was and is the backbone of the true GNR sound.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

I've still not thought of one sensible reason why that decision was made. It made no sense whatsoever, and I can't see why anyone would let it happen. 

But then I suppose people were booking them into Arenas in the 2010-12 era when they should have been in theatres, so these things DO happen! 

It was destined to fall on it's face back when COVID was just whispered about.  And this notion that new music would have somehow materialized had the tour dates commenced, as 'Nando eluded in his recent comments, is laughable and should be rejected by everyone with an ounce of sense in them.

3 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

It was destined to fall on it's face back when COVID was just whispered about.  And this notion that new music would have somehow materialized had the tour dates commenced, as 'Nando eluded in his recent comments, is laughable and should be rejected by everyone with an ounce of sense in them.

Promoters will often go to the well until it’s proven that it won’t make $. They don’t need a sell out or even 60-70% at times to make a profit. Everyone for whatever reason thought they could/should try it again. 

Im sure they’ll use Covid as an excuse moving fwd for any metric that wasn’t achieved. It allows someone to take that chance to pay them again

Anything about new music is basically Lucy and the football. Until it’s handed to UMG and they set a date, it’s in no tangible position of being released any time soon. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, WayTooManyOstriches said:

Imagine my surprise when I opened this thread and the first thing I see is a huge pic of Jim Cornette with a goofy look on his face.  If only he did a rant about GNR like he does about Vince Russo. 

I mean Team Brazil’s reactions to fan-filmed concert YouTube videos is damn near leaving the uploders a voicemail threatening to murder them and their families Cornette style, so you aren’t too far off. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, axlslash said:

I mean Team Brazil’s reactions to fan-filmed concert YouTube videos is damn near leaving the uploders a voicemail threatening to murder them and their families Cornette style, so you aren’t too far off. 

The frustration I feel with this band not releasing anything new sometimes makes me feel like I'm Jim Cornette at a Dairy Queen drive thru and GNR is the Dairy Queen employee. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

Yeah, generally anything that gets pointed out anywhere but GN'R social media gets taken down immediately due to the trolls with nothing better to do. 

Yeah, I wish people would stop posting things tbh. I feel a bit selfish cause I've found some pretty cool audio shows on YT and just can't tell anyone out of fear of them being pulled. But it's much better for the community to not say anything and hope people find it on their own. I managed to find the full Toyko 2009 show on YT with the badass Nightrain, thought I hit the gold mine. A week later someone posted it on the subreddit and it was gone within the hour. Haven't been able to get it again since.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DurhamGirl said:

I didnt know this I shall refrain from pointing anything out....

delete your original post.. You could have also just looked at the youtube video. They tell you when they were uploaded.... 

Edited by Tom-Ass

40 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I think it's more accurate to say that GnR enjoys different levels of popularity with different age groups and in different parts of the world.

There is the age group (roughly 40+ today) that caught the band in its heyday in the late 80s and early 90s. Naturally GnR enjoys greater popularity among the people of this group, even if it's just due to nostalgia. It should be pointed out here that "nostalgic fans" are not necessarily casuals (as in that they know only the hits). There are many people who followed the band back in the day, bought the albums - and may even have listened to bootlegs - and know all the back catalog (which isn't big, anyway); it's just that GnR is "frozen" in their mind as a band of their youth and they're not much interested in new music - or they're mildly interested.

Then there is the group of 30-30 something's who grew up in a time when GnR was perceived as "uncool" (or had started to be), so this is the group the band is the most unpopular with in "general public" terms. At the same time, GnR has fans among the people of this age group who, my impression is, happen to consist a big portion of the forum hardcore fans. And these fans tend to be the most critical towards the band (my impression again), first and foremost because they're the most burnt out and disappointed as they got to enjoy very little from the band in real time, but probably also because of the "cool kids syndrome". 

Then there are the people who are younger than that, and to many of whom GnR is probably unknown or irrelevant. But there are also people from this age group who got to know and love GnR from their parents, or young rock fans who see GnR as a legendary band and don't carry the "baggage" of the second group.

I used to tell kids at school that GnR was my favorite band but once SMKC got going that became the new favorite. Still is. I still love GnR but after the novelty of the reunion wore off I've kind of lost interest. But yes, when I was growing up GnR was perceived as uncool and listening to them was a way for me to be different and rebel against the status quo.